Anything DCFC do is good right

Curtains

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Thought you were through with Derby and was leaving the forum? 

Come back for one final dig?

I am a Derby County Fan right .

Its all good until we have a few defeats .

Its all bad until we have a few wins. 

Happy days in you're garden. 

Just now, HantsRam said:

Come on Curtains - I think it's more that everything DCFC do deserves to be given a chance to succeed or fail before we hail or condemn it.

For me, I can see why Gary might have signed the players he has. But I don't know. So I'll watch, listen and form my opinion over the next 10-20 games :thumbsup:

Don't torture yourself.

I don't get the fact that after a defeat it's all doom and gloom and we need this and that and then we get in on loan a forward who was at Burton under Pesh and a Brum midfielder who Harry Redknapp has replaced with better. 

We have let our entire midfield of pf Hughes, Bryson, Butters and Hendrick go without quality replacements 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

I am a Derby County Fan right .

Its all good until we have a few defeats .

Its all bad until we have a few wins. 

Happy days in you're garden. 

Why does everything have to be right or wrong as soon as it  happens?

Why can't we look back in 6 months time and say 'the Winnall signing didn't work out' or 'replacing Bryson with Klieftenbeld was a masterstroke'?

The reason? Because we have spoilt fans who want everything and they want it yesterday.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why does everything have to be right or wrong as soon as it  happens?

Why can't we look back in 6 months time and say 'the Winnall signing didn't work out' or 'replacing Bryson with Klieftenbeld was a masterstroke'?

The reason? Because we have spoilt fans who want everything and they want it yesterday.

Yesterday .

Hiw long have we been in the Championship ! 

13 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yesterday .

Hiw long have we been in the Championship ! 

For quite a few years of our existence, maybe it's our level? 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

I must learn this 

I think that as fans we shouldn't take everything that Gary and Mel do as gospel. Gary's had 6 months in the job and we're still not seeing a discernible style emerging, Mel says one thing then does another. 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

We have let our entire midfield of pf Hughes, Bryson, Butters and Hendrick go without quality replacements 

That was  my reaction initially but on reflection: Hughes was distinctly average of late, Butters was elegant but slow of thought, Bryson has lost that energy that was his hallmark-wish him well, Hendrick is a big loss but Johnson is sort of a replacement. 

So midfield may be light on numbers but the incomers with Thorne back soon will be fine I think as long as they play in positions that suit them

23 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

That was  my reaction initially but on reflection: Hughes was distinctly average of late, Butters was elegant but slow of thought, Bryson has lost that energy that was his hallmark-wish him well, Hendrick is a big loss but Johnson is sort of a replacement. 

So midfield may be light on numbers but the incomers with Thorne back soon will be fine I think as long as they play in positions that suit them

Good points 

34 minutes ago, ramma said:

I think that as fans we shouldn't take everything that Gary and Mel do as gospel. Gary's had 6 months in the job and we're still not seeing a discernible style emerging, Mel says one thing then does another. 

To be honest mate I've had my say on all of this and all I can say now is I hope It works out. 

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Completely agree with this

People were moaning saying that we had too many numbers in midfield, yet when we get shot of some players that weren't performing exceptionally well, we have straight away let our midfield leave.

Sometimes you just can't win.. 

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

You do know there was a midfield before Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick don't you? It seems to me that these 3 get bought up in every post all had individual spells if brilliance but have any of them actually achieved anything here? 

Just now, Mr Giggles said:

Completely agree with this

People were moaning saying that we had too many numbers in midfield, yet when we get shot of some players that weren't performing exceptionally well, we have straight away let our midfield leave.

Sometimes you just can't win.. 

I think people are ignoring what the task in this exercise was; to replace average midfield players with better quality players and I'm all for that. At this juncture I'm not convinced that we've done that though.  

Archived