still missing a playmaker

kyle mccabe

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Top post. Seen a fair few people state how Butterfield is still only passing sideways and backwards, I've seen some very good through balls from him in the last few matches. The one that put Bennet through on goal was a beaut. Kinda feel like he's been tarnished now, like some other players and no matter what he does hel never shake it. 

Through balls is his whole game. Can't dribble can't tackle and of late, can't shoot. See how Northampton scored ? Not just letting them have the ball but not being arsed after ... happens over and over. can't blame him for not trying he makes good money nice car nice girlfriend. It's the Derby way. Hughes absence is more glaring by the game. The fact that I have to sit through games watching him play is about as depressing as it gets. Real Playmaker needed.

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Through balls is his whole game. Can't dribble can't tackle and of late, can't shoot. See how Northampton scored ? Not just letting them have the ball but not being arsed after ... happens over and over. can't blame him for not trying he makes good money nice car nice girlfriend. It's the Derby way. Hughes absence is more glaring by the game. The fact that I have to sit through games watching him play is about as depressing as it gets. Real Playmaker needed.

I saw 3 different players make big mistakes in the lead up to that goal. The most disappointing for me was Davies completely selling himself when they had a 2 on 1 on him. 

I won't lie I'm still gutted that Will left but what do we think he would have contributed that much more? Didn't exactly chip in with tons of goals and assists did he. Our problem is Imo in the front 6 that started against Kaiserslautern, only Johnson and Martin actually look like scoring, we've actually created a fair few chances in pre season it's just that we've missed the majority of them.

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Does it less than Bryson

With butters in the side I just feel he slows the whole team down holds onto the ball to long maybe looking for the killer through ball Bryson is a much busyer always looking to pass and run 

19 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I saw 3 different players make big mistakes in the lead up to that goal. The most disappointing for me was Davies completely selling himself when they had a 2 on 1 on him. 

I won't lie I'm still gutted that Will left but what do we think he would have contributed that much more? Didn't exactly chip in with tons of goals and assists did he. Our problem is Imo in the front 6 that started against Kaiserslautern, only Johnson and Martin actually look like scoring, we've actually created a fair few chances in pre season it's just that we've missed the majority of them.

Agree with all this but harsh on Will given his supporting cast,  but Is there any doubt in your mind that Will is going to be the talk of the premier league ? There isn't for me. We've let go of a massive, entertaining talent which is fair enough but I can only hope that Rowett is "shop-windowing" players like Butterfield because they will hurt more than help us. Agree on martin and Johnson. Johnson must play in spite of his iffy passing cuz he's a beast and a goal scorer.  Forward wise,  I'd also point you to Zanzala and to a lesser extent Jacobsen who are already  prolific scorers at U23 and OZ is banging then in at will pre season. If he can just get one full game at senior level I think he will be a key part of things. But we are overrun with mediocrity. Ojo would be a nice addition too. 

8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Agree with all this but harsh on Will given his supporting cast,  but Is there any doubt in your mind that Will is going to be the talk of the premier league ? There isn't for me. We've let go of a massive, entertaining talent which is fair enough but I can only hope that Rowett is "shop-windowing" players like Butterfield because they will hurt more than help us. Agree on martin and Johnson. Johnson must play in spite of his iffy passing cuz he's a beast and a goal scorer.  Forward wise,  I'd also point you to Zanzala and to a lesser extent Jacobsen who are already  prolific scorers at U23 and OZ is banging then in at will pre season. If he can just get one full game at senior level I think he will be a key part of things. But we are overrun with mediocrity. Ojo would be a nice addition too. 

I think Will will be the talk of the premier league I really do. Like you say we've lost a very entertaining player to watch, il miss his mazy dribbles and how he used to knit the play from defence through midfield to attack seamlessly. As it stands though I think Wel feel the loss of Ince a lot more than WH, unless of course GR replaces him. Some fans are becoming very impatient that we haven't replaced him, which is needless IMO, judge at the end of the window, if he still isn't replaced then we could have a problem, unless of course one of winger/wide forwards decides to turn into a world beater in the next few weeks.......

Thorne, Huddlestone, Butterfield - we have plenty of playmakers. I agree with the comment that Martin is also a playmaker to some degree. 

We now have more steel in the side so we should be stronger.

The squad is in better shape than last season despite Hughes and Ince leaving. It is more balanced and if people are patient and let Rowett add 1 or 2 wide players for the right price, we will have a great chance.

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

If Willberforce came through when The Dwarf was manager he'd have looked s****.

Butters is class. Be open minded.

14 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

They are not similar players at all due different technical qualities which they posses. The only thing which is similar to both of them is that they're not enough mobile.

They are different players indeed - Thorne is a much better tackler and all round DM - Huddlestone I agree is a more of a deep lying CM

However - They both have a great range of accurate short and long range passing - And the vision to use them in the right way - They can both take the ball from defence and turn it into attack - All of which are the qualities we need in a playmaker :)

Archived