John Eustace

Ellafella

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumped into JE this evening.

What a top bloke - asked him what he thought of the game against us and said it was really tough as it was their first match and he's struggling to put a side together as Kiddie can't match other clubs for money at their level.......but also he was really impressed by Derby's professionalism and approach to the game. He compared this to another Championship side which they also played this week and said it was a massive difference in approach as the other team were "full of egos". He also reckoned Derby have "a few of them too" but GR has them under control. Asked me about what I thought about Hughesy going - really rates him and reckons he's going to shine in the PL, also shared his views on Vydra who he played with at Watford. He really likes Nugent - and was impressed how much he buzzed about the pitch..and reckons that him and Martin will be a really good partnership... and also asked me "if it was time for Keezy to move on".

He's on his 5th op since suffering the injury against Ipswich and seems gutted that he can't play these days. 

Sorry, not really new news or ITK etc but thought worth sharing just to say how humble and decent he was.

4 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

What a top bloke - asked him what he thought of the game against us and said it was really tough as it was their first match and he's struggling to put a side together as Kiddie can't match other clubs for money at their level.......but also he was really impressed by Derby's professionalism and approach to the game. He compared this to another Championship side which they also played this week and said it was a massive difference in approach as the other team were "full of egos". He also reckoned Derby have "a few of them too" but GR has them under control. Asked me about what I thought about Hughesy going - really rates him and reckons he's going to shine in the PL, also shared his views on Vydra who he played with at Watford. He really likes Nugent - and was impressed how much he buzzed about the pitch..and reckons that him and Martin will be a really good partnership... and also asked me "if it was time for Keezy to move on".

He's on his 5th op since suffering the injury against Ipswich and seems gutted that he can't play these days. 

Sorry, not really new news or ITK etc but thought worth sharing just to say how humble and decent he was.

Great post. The team they played was Villa...

30 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

Definitely worth sharing! Post like these are gems among the puns.

8 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Great post. The team they played was Villa...

No surprise there then. 

Interesting to hear JE asking questions of his own rather than just providing answers. 

I was always taught that great communication skills start with listening rather than talking - 2 ears only 1 mouth.

(Unless you're Toddy who can simultaneously talk out of his mouth and a**e) :lol:

Archived