GR's 7-8./10 Strategy...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rowett has a job to do ,,,, I'm pretty sure that mel believed if he splashed the cash to bring players in to cover us for injuries that the Wembley loss team would get us up ,,,for whatever reasons that did nt happen ,, now I'm sure mel would love it to be as simple as him throwing the money about and we go up but he just is not allowed to do it that way ,we have to stay in ffp limits or end up under embargos and hogtied for years to come ,, we had a punt at splashing the cash to supplement a good side and it did nt come off so now we need to be more frugal ,, jeez let's not crucify him and gary rowett for doing what they really have no choice but to do , 

1 hour ago, archied said:

Rowett has a job to do ,,,, I'm pretty sure that mel believed if he splashed the cash to bring players in to cover us for injuries that the Wembley loss team would get us up ,,,for whatever reasons that did nt happen ,, now I'm sure mel would love it to be as simple as him throwing the money about and we go up but he just is not allowed to do it that way ,we have to stay in ffp limits or end up under embargos and hogtied for years to come ,, we had a punt at splashing the cash to supplement a good side and it did nt come off so now we need to be more frugal ,, jeez let's not crucify him and gary rowett for doing what they really have no choice but to do , 

No one is crucifying him. Just observing the change.

It's been said many times on several threads that Jim Smith sold mainly star, flair players and replaced them with grafters. That team from my memory (which isn't what it used to be I must admit) was still pretty entertaining in the promotion season. It was just much more solid, more balanced as Rowett keeps saying. Let's at least see how HIS team sets up and plays before saying what ? Hoofball we're going to be watching next season. The players haven't even reported back yet, and there's still 2 months until the transfer window closes. We might all be pleasantly surprised.

5 minutes ago, richinspain said:

The players haven't even reported back yet, and there's still 2 months until the transfer window closes. We might all be pleasantly surprised.

Repeat after me "“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” :) #fingerscrossed

I think some people are confusing my highlighting of pursuing the "7-8 EVERY WEEK" type of player into thinking these targets are journeymen, flairless players and we might turn into a boring "Stoke" type side, just treading water should we get to the promised land. My point was, square pegs in square holes. Regularly high performing players don't have to be boring players, turrning our club into a "Pulis" side. Au contraire. Only  very good players perform with such consistency. Accumulating expensive glory players, often overlapping in the same positions, because we have a higher than average budget in the Championship won't get us promoted.

Solid and consistent INCLUDING FLAIR, is where we should be targetting our resources. Just let's carefully choose our recruits to be consistent ( sorry to be repetitive on that word ), is where we need to be. 7 x 7-8/10 players week in week out plus 3/4 game-changers  is where we should be focussing.

10 hours ago, archied said:

We didn't just splash the cash to boost the 13/14 side Morris got rid of the manager, and then another and then  another and finally another - that's why "it didn't happen". Now in the words of Harold Macmillan we have to resort to selling the family silver.

On 27/06/2017 at 00:14, RamNut said:

Probably as much/more to do with the owner wanting some money back.

I don't think it's a case of mm wanting his money back

We have to adhere to ffp,which has caught up with us

I believe somebody got the sack,for writing up some stupid contracts for our club

59 minutes ago, Cardifframs said:

I don't think it's a case of mm wanting his money back

We have to adhere to ffp,which has caught up with us

I believe somebody got the sack,for writing up some stupid contracts for our club

I don't think FFP has anything to do with it. I think it's a case as was said of giving some players a new challenge. I think Hughes didn't fancy GR as manager and GR was happy to sell. As for Ince I think if he wants to go to the Prem we'll cash in while his stock is high. Keogh not so sure about, but 'fresh challenge' is being bandied about by GR!

I dont think derby wanted to sell hughes or ince but sometimes you have to allow players to go,hughes has been very loyal and so i think on signing a new contract an agreement was put in place to allow him to go if a prem team came in,the price i agree seems low but dont believe everything you read,Mr morris will at some point get his money back but he knows it a long game.

Archived