bad booze

dog

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

There are two acceptable additions to coffee, unless you're a bird.

Milk and sugar.

Try grappa .. Believe me it's a winner 

( signed Jono .. Sales and marketing director for the Grappa council :lol:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine we are drawing 1-1 at the city ground and we need 3 points for promotion and a young academy kid comes on as sub and and scores us a winner at 90+3 

now I am not saying Grappa and esspresso is that good ( I mean that would be really stupid ) but it's not far away 

My current tipple is Stella Cidre, I can knock it back like tap water. Currently allocated to my Friday session so is enjoying a good run.

Lager wise I used to really like the Brasserie Premium French Lager from Aldi. Dirt cheap and goes down a treat. I still prefer it to any brand lager now. Unfortunately I have no Aldi near me anymore, only Lidl. I have tried the beers/lagers @ Lidl...rank. I don't buy booze from Lidl at all. Not tried their wines though.

For quite a while I worked my way pretty much through the entire white wine offering at the local Tesco superstore (over a reasonable length of time I may add) and have settled on a £5.50 McGuigan white wine as my favourite. It is ridiculously drinkable.

Ale wise, Abbot is a safe choice and very seldom misses the mark. Despite liking my ales, I'm no beer snob, I can happily sink a few Fosters or Carlings if that is what the rounds are bringing in.

I had a very bad experience on spirits with self-mutlilation when I was younger so generally steer clear.

Akvavit takes a bit of teeth-gritting. I think the idea is to tip it down the back of your throat without it touching the taste buds, then wash it down with a Lager chaser or summat. Mx ev-wifes ex-flatmate was Norwegian, and always had some kicking around. I believe it has to cross the equator twice, presumably to give it that je ne sais quoi.

Another delight came from a guy I worked with who was of Polish extraction. One day, his uncle, who was in the Polish merchant navy, landed on our shores with a supply of Polish white Spirit. I kid you not, it would strip varnish off a door. It was some incredible strength, 80% (not degrees) alcohol or some such. Not for the faint hearted (or me).

And then there's rough scrumpy....

Archived