Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Confirmed 4.5 million on sky sports, think this links back to what I said before that the Anya and Vydra remained costs will be wiped out.

If we get £4.5m in cash rising to £8m, plus Vydra and Anya deals wiped off that's a fairly decent deal isn't it? If we sold to another club for £12-15m we would still have to pay Watford so it's swings and roundabouts isn't it

So it's either 8 million or 4 million or who knows how many million. It's in Derby's interest, Watford's interest and Hughes interest to keep the reported number low. Might be best to wait until the actual transfer goes thru and what the official amount is before going mental. And when it's undisclosed, we could wait to see what the squad is like come Septemeber before going mental about the rumoured fee.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Confirmed 4.5 million on sky sports, think this links back to what I said before that the Anya and Vydra remained costs will be wiped out.

Guessed at £4.5 on sky sports, guessed at £8m on BBC, guessed at £8m by John Percy, guessed at £12m by me. :-)

On a serious note, one can't just report a fee as £4.5 and not mention any write off associated with it. The important thing is the value to DCFC - If that's £4.5m and £6m (another guess) written off than that's great.

BTW, I'm not suggesting you're reporting that, just that it is being reported.

2 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

If we get £4.5m in cash rising to £8m, plus Vydra and Anya deals wiped off that's a fairly decent deal isn't it? If we sold to another club for £12-15m we would still have to pay Watford so it's swings and roundabouts isn't it

Think this sounds about right. Think we all need to take a deep breath and just wait and see what happens

3 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

That's one of the few scenarios in which I don't throw a turd at Rowett's and Melvin.

If this is a buy-out clause that was stipulated when he signed his new contract then we clearly didn't learn from Bryson and Rush will be receiving a turd to the face. 

I think that those suggesting the wiping of fees for Vydra, and to a lesser extent Anya, are correct, mainly due to the figures being touted being about the same as the fee we rejected from Huddersfield. That probably sees the financial gain overall at about value.

I'd personally prefer a reality where we didn't have Anya or Vydra and we sold Hughes for what he is worth, and used that money to strengthen, but that's not the reality we have.

I'm comfortable with this.

Hate to be "that guy" but we deserve some transparency on this one. If we still owe for example £8m to Watford and that's wiped out along with £4.5m rising to £7m then it doesn't look as bad as reading were selling our home grown fan favourite for £4.5m.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Hate to be "that guy" but we deserve some transparency on this one. If we still owe for example £8m to Watford and that's wiped out along with £4.5m rising to £7m then it doesn't look as bad as reading were selling our home grown fan favourite for £4.5m.

Thinks it's definitely a question to be asked at the next Q&A

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Unfortunately I think this is very unlikely. If the Anya and Vydra debts were being written off I don't think it would affect the reported fee. It would just mean that when they came to pay us the fee they could reduce it for anything we owe them and cancel of the debts.

Seems more likely that we won't actually get the £4.5m fee because we will owe Watford money for instalments on Vydra and Anya.

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Agreed, someone should be explaining why the price is so low. However, should and will are two different things and I dare say we wont hear anything other than it being an undisclosed fee

Archived