Apple

Day

3 minutes ago, David said:

You're getting recall and return/exchange programme confused.

Recall is when a company like Samsung is publicly recalling all phones as they are a safety risk, airline companies are banning them on board.

Apple have had exchange programmes where they have identified faults in a small amount of phones, usually by serial number you are eligible for a exchange.

I have never suggested Apple products are flawless and have never had any issues, but they have never had any product recalls like Samsung have. They have also not been fined for posting negative reviews on other companies products, damaging their reputation.

I know you're obsessed with your anti Apple hatred, I won't lose any sleep over it, or fail to see your replies as my battery will last all day :) 

haha, that reminds me of the trigger sketch about broom handles...

Trigger And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time.
Sid How the hell can it be the same bloody broom then?
Trigger Theres the picture. What more proof do you need?

1 minute ago, LesterRam said:

haha, that reminds me of the trigger sketch about broom handles...

Trigger And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time.
Sid How the hell can it be the same bloody broom then?
Trigger Theres the picture. What more proof do you need?

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 11.26.25.png

As in exploding phones on planes. Not one where a small issue has been identified on a very small amount of devices, some which are triggered when the phone has been dropped on hard surfaces.

Yet to see any iPhone recalls, keep trying tho :) 

Just now, David said:

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 11.26.25.png

As in exploding phones on planes. Not one where a small issue has been identified on a very small amount of devices, some which are triggered when the phone has been dropped on hard surfaces.

Yet to see any iPhone recalls, keep trying tho :) 

so your argument is about T&C's, if it is replaced its faulty isn't it?

Just now, LesterRam said:

so your argument is about T&C's, if it is replaced its faulty isn't it?

All faulty electronics are covered under warranty, Apple has identified issues with a small number of devices which they have said if you own this phone with X serial number we will exchange, regardless of a fault on your phone now. 

You think Apple are alone? you think no other electrical company has faulty products which they run exchange programmes for?

You're completely misunderstanding the difference through your anti Apple eyes of what a full on product recall is. Samsung urgently request ALL Note 7's to be returned, airline companies refused them entry on to planes because there was a full on product recall.

If you can't see the difference, no point continuing. I would say it's pretty obvious.

Product recalls happen across all retail sectors, kids toys that are found to have sharp objects that can become dangerous, food that may contain horse. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

All faulty electronics are covered under warranty, Apple has identified issues with a small number of devices which they have said if you own this phone with X serial number we will exchange, regardless of a fault on your phone now. 

I'm actually wrong for once. Apple have said they would repair, although any device within serial numbers even without fault they will replace the part with new. 

You can however continue to use the phone without issue, it's not guaranteed you will ever see the fault.

Where as the Note 7's were a genuine fire hazard due to battery issues.

Very rare for a phone to get a full on product recall, but Samsung managed it!

Apple has issued a recall of its product wall plug adaptors sold over a 12-year period, amid fears the device could cause electric shock.

Key points:
•Australia included in mass Apple adaptor recall
•Adaptors with four or five characters or no characters on inside slot should not be used
•Adaptor can break and may cause electric shock
•Customers can take faulty AC wall adaptors to Apple store or authorised supplier

The tech giant has released a statement on its website that said the two-prong AC wall plug adaptor would be voluntarily recalled, after concerns the product could break and create a risk of electrical shock if touched.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-29/apple-issues-worldwide-charger-recall-amid-electric-shock-fears/7123946

12 years worth of mistakes....

3 minutes ago, David said:

You think Apple are alone? you think no other electrical company has faulty products which they run exchange programmes for?

You're completely misunderstanding the difference through your anti Apple eyes of what a full on product recall is. Samsung urgently request ALL Note 7's to be returned, airline companies refused them entry on to planes because there was a full on product recall.

If you can't see the difference, no point continuing. I would say it's pretty obvious.

Product recalls happen across all retail sectors, kids toys that are found to have sharp objects that can become dangerous, food that may contain horse. 

you know I am following your links from page 3, you gave the link with evidence and I have just shown the previous stamp from the wayback machine, you didn't argue about recall, replace or exchange then but you did state it was only the IPhone 6, I have shown evidence from the same page albeit further back in time to the contrary?

I don't own an IPhone, Samsung or any other, would I pay £1000 for a IPhone 8 that costs £25 to produce and pay no tax, no I wouldn't but that's my choice, you clearly like Apple products and I respect that.

4 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Apple has issued a recall of its product wall plug adaptors sold over a 12-year period, amid fears the device could cause electric shock.

Key points:
•Adaptors with four or five characters or no characters on inside slot should not be used
•Customers can take faulty AC wall adaptors to Apple store or authorised supplier

The tech giant has released a statement on its website that said the two-prong AC wall plug adaptor would be voluntarily recalled, after concerns the product could break and create a risk of electrical shock if touched.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-29/apple-issues-worldwide-charger-recall-amid-electric-shock-fears/7123946

Apple has determined that, in very rare cases, the two prong Apple AC wall plug adapters designed for use in Continental Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, Argentina and Brazil may break and create a risk of electrical shock if touched.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/ac-wallplug-adapter/

Again, only effecting a small amount of serial numbers. Exchange programme, not full on product recall.

But I thought we was talking about phones, I can find Samsung tumble driers and washing machines if we're going crazy here?

Edited by David

2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Key points:

no all electrical companies have recalls, its how you deal with them and the term "extension and exchange program" bullshit that Apple use grates on me, Samsung recalled the Note 7 initially to repair the problem then replace but then decided on reimbursing customers because third party contract batteries were deemed unfit.

1 minute ago, LesterRam said:

no all electrical companies have recalls, its how you deal with them and the term "extension and exchange program" bullshit that Apple use grates on me, Samsung recalled the Note 7 initially to repair the problem then replace but then decided on reimbursing customers because third party contract batteries were deemed unfit.

I agree with you, apple just spins it. Can't stand the company, regardless of how good, allegedly, the kit is. Utterly immoral company imho.

6 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

I don't own an IPhone, Samsung or any other, would I pay £1000 for a IPhone 8 that costs £25 to produce and pay no tax, no I wouldn't but that's my choice, you clearly like Apple products and I respect that.

If they start selling them for £50, I'll be the first inline outside an Apple Store camping out. 

Flagship phones are pretty similar in price now to be fair, I don't enjoy paying that amount, nobody does.

Samsung S8 £689, S8+ £779

iPhone 7 start at £599, 7+ £719

(Direct from Samsung and Apple)

So far it's only rumours of the £1000 price tag for the iPhone 8. I'm on a sim free contract so works out cheaper to buy the phone, sell it on eBay and upgrade each year. Pay around £150 difference which over 12 months is £12.50pm, contract £20 for unlimited texts, calls, 20gb data.

You get a contract like that and a phone, looking at £60pm and tied in for 2 years. 

As for tax I have stopped listening to Gary Barlow so I feel like I have played my part.

6 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Spin.

Or anti Apple conspiracy theories.

You don't like Apple, that's great, enjoy your environmentally friendly phone that's made out of recycled wood and squirrel poo with all profits going to the Orangutan rebreeding programmes. 

I buy Apple products not only because I enjoy using them, customer service is great and when you work online, creating websites you need to know exactly how a site looks, and fix any issues.

Took a Samsung S7 out once to see why Android was redirecting us to other pages, knowing I could return it within 30 days. It's a ball ache but part of why this site works, just like iPhones.

*Stats say iOS is the most mobile used operating system to access this site.

Edited by David
Missed stats.

12 minutes ago, David said:

You don't like Apple, that's great, enjoy your environmentally friendly phone that's made out of recycled wood and squirrel poo with all profits going to the Orangutan rebreeding programmes. 

I buy Apple products not only because I enjoy using them, customer service is great and when you work online, creating websites you need to know exactly how a site looks, and fix any issues.

Took a Samsung S7 out once to see why Android was redirecting us to other pages, knowing I could return it within 30 days. It's a ball ache but part of why this site works, just like iPhones.

*Stats say iOS is the most mobile used operating system to access this site because lots of people are gullible enough to fall for fancy marketing programmes and have the spare cash to buy overpriced underperforming hardware.

FIFY

14 minutes ago, David said:

*Stats say iOS is the most mobile used operating system to access this site.

Orangutan-Smoking-Talking-on-a-Cell-Phon