Apple

David

Just now, TigerTedd said:

It's alright David, I'll throw myself in front of that bullet. 

In my house hold we have:

1x Apple iPad 2,

1x Apple iPad Air 2

1x Apple iPad Mini 3

1x Apple iPod nano

2x Apple MacBook air

1x Apple 21" thunderbolt screen

1x Apple time capsule

2x Apple iPhone 6s

2x Apple Watch series 2

1x Apple MacBook Pro with touchbar 

I think I single handedly put Mr. Applewhite's kids through college.

Take my money Apple, I am yours  

Weren't you pleading poverty not long ago? I reckon Corbyn must have you in his sights :)

Just now, GboroRam said:

Can someone explain to me the point? Other than to roll your sleeves up and show everyone you bought an overpriced device to tell you the time that your phone already gives you?

Suppose you could go into the watch thread on here and ask what makes those watches worth X thousands just to tell the time?

Least with this it allows to not attached to your phone all day, flick of a wrist see the emails, texts come through, hands free calling whilst driving (not that I drive but still).

Handy when you've set the house up for Philips Hue, how many times have you been walking up the stairs and thought I'd like to turn the light red? I can do that now at a flick of the wrist. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Suppose you could go into the watch thread on here and ask what makes those watches worth X thousands just to tell the time?

Least with this it allows to not attached to your phone all day, flick of a wrist see the emails, texts come through, hands free calling whilst driving (not that I drive but still).

Handy when you've set the house up for Philips Hue, how many times have you been walking up the stairs and thought I'd like to turn the light red? I can do that now at a flick of the wrist. 

I couldn't find a good reason either.

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It's alright David, I'll throw myself in front of that bullet. 

In my house hold we have:

1x Apple iPad 2,

1x Apple iPad Air 2

1x Apple iPad Mini 3

1x Apple iPod nano

2x Apple MacBook air

1x Apple 21" thunderbolt screen

1x Apple time capsule

2x Apple iPhone 6s

2x Apple Watch series 2

1x Apple MacBook Pro with touchbar 

I think I single handedly put Mr. Applewhite's kids through college.

Take my money Apple, I am yours  

Just the...

1x MacBook Pro 2016 (touch bar)

1x iPad Pro 9.7inch

1x iPad Mini 2

1x iPhone 7 Plus

1x iPhone 6

2x Apple TV 64gb

2x Apple Watch Series 2

1x Apple Airport Express

In our house

Just now, David said:

I've given you plenty! You have to embrace the technology, plenty time for bingo later in life

I suppose I'm the opposite I've not bothered buying a watch because my phone does everything I want from a watch. Now people are buying this for exactly the reason I've not bought one.

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I suppose I'm the opposite I've not bothered buying a watch because my phone does everything I want from a watch. Now people are buying this for exactly the reason I've not bought one.

Pulling your phone out your pocket to tell the time is so 2015

We have Apple TV, 2 iPads, a MacBook, 3 iPhones, a Magic Trackpad, Philips hue lights and Hive heating all controlled by Apple products and an Apple Watch. 

We got rid of the laptop that, every time you turned it on, said 'downloading updates 1 of 46' and proceeded to grind through 10 mins of updates before you could do anything. Got rid of the blackberry that kept having service outages and the work phones made by Samsung that aren't fit to be in the same league as the iPhones. 

For whatever reason you don't like Apple products it's up to you but they are far superior so it can't be on their performance. 

Apple's fallen so far behind the competition.

As phones they're rubbish, and everyone using them must realize it's as if they're talking underwater. But of course we buy these devices to be computers and cameras nowadays and that's what matters.

I understand people who know nothing about computers still buy them because they're not customizable so it's a reasonably simple way of doing things and the media tells you they're good. But I hate their closed ecosystem and that they charge twice the price for something that's actually half as good. If you know something about computers surely you want to be able to customize your phone to do what you want, and the enormous power of things such as Google Assistant?

A few years ago I bought the HTC One M8 when it was the best and most beautiful phone in the world, and I'm about to do the same again and get myself a Google Pixel.

41 minutes ago, David said:

Just the...

1x iPad Pro 9.7inch

1x iPad Mini 2

1x iPhone 7 Plus

1x iPhone 6

2x Apple TV 64gb

2x Apple Watch Series 2

1x Apple Airport Express

In our house

Two Apple watches? You don't need two.

ahem.

Underwater? Sounds like poor signal, not an iPhone issue, I have no problems at all iPhone to iPhone.

To say they are rubbish and so far behind the competition is nonsense, truth is all phones now are pretty much the same. Other than customise the phone to look god damn awful with comic sans font and daft icons, what can the Pixel do that the iPhone can't?

If you're in the Apple Ecosystem everything is flawless, iPhone to iPad to Mac, handoff what I'm reading on my phone to the Mac, sync pictures, files, documents, answer calls on any device. 

Not everybody wants to customise their computer, they prefer it to just work. When you turn it on, ready to use in seconds, not downloading update of 1 of 2000.

Why do so many professionals use Macs? 

Not interesting in upgrading graphic cards, switching out Ram and all that, they want something that works.

Windows is so far behind Mac OS now it's unbelievable. The only complaint you can make is the performance with games, but it's not designed for games, still think they are missing a trick tho.

No doubting PC's have the best power to pound, but Mac's don't need the same power as the operating system is optimised for their computers. They don't have Dell, HP, and all theses manufacturers to worry about. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Just the...

1x iPad Pro 9.7inch

1x iPad Mini 2

1x iPhone 7 Plus

1x iPhone 6

2x Apple TV 64gb

2x Apple Watch Series 2

1x Apple Airport Express

In our house

Can you lend me a tenner?

16 hours ago, David said:

iPhone 6S

Apple has determined that a very small number of iPhone 6s devices may unexpectedly shut down. This is not a safety issue and only affects devices within a limited serial number range that were manufactured between September and October 2015.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

iPhone 6+

Apple has determined that some iPhone 6 Plus devices may exhibit display flickering or Multi-Touch issues after being dropped multiple times on a hard surface and then incurring further stress on the device.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone6plus-multitouch/

Note 7

On October 10 we took the decision to stop sales and shipments of Galaxy Note7 devices as part of our commitment to customer safety. 

We have asked everyone with a Galaxy Note7 to back up your data (click here for details of how) and switch off your device. 
Once you have done that please replace your device following the steps below. 

We are truly sorry that we have not met the high standard that you expect from Samsung.
We thank you for your patience during this time, and apologise for the inconvenience we have caused.

We would like to reassure you and all our Samsung customers that the Galaxy Note7 is the only device affected.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/note7exchange/

sorry for the delay, my kindle ran out of battery and the charger went awol....

I understand you are obsessed with the Apple marketing juggernaut and my kids are the same, lets be honest if 85% of your company are assigned to marketing you are going to become a very successful entity, they don't design, create any patents of their own and if Steve Jobs was famous for anything it would be he loved to magpie all other tech, we have all seen the gif/infographic that Apple removed en masse about each component belonging to other phones, they don't hide the fact, they always follow Samsung out of the block regarding release dates for a reason?

We have the official recall notices shown below, no American company on earth undertakes a total recall of anything, from exploding Vauxhall Zafiras to washing machines and tumble dryers, its not the American way and anybody dealing with yanks you can be assured that they will not have a total recall of anything let alone a poxy £20 chinese built phone..

So why the bad press? Apple signed a $1bn contract with Google to become the default search for all apple products, wow that's a lot of mullah, so they managed to pay $1bn for something that I could change within five minutes of switching on my sparkly new phone, ah no...

Apple paid a lot of money to stop Google indexing, analytical data scraping and general **** stirring of the Apple brand, now lets link the latest spread of terrorist propaganda, I can have the big "G" remove all kinds of posts removed regarding Apple because they accept a lot of Barbados dollars from the big "A" but nothing for removing terrorist bile, if you don't pay we don't remove, we are a ******* business you idiots....

so recall notice, below is the link to the official recall notices on the apple site, I have even made a lovely screenshot for you all, its for all recall notices from 2013 (yes 2013)

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/exchange_repair/

iphone-live.PNG

so we have had a few recalls (not total recalls, yanks don't do that remember) with the IPhone in recent years, anybody remember the antennae problem with hardware, no signal with the "death grip" (not shown), then we had the on/off button on the IPhone 5(not shown) and the battery replacement on the iPhone 5 (not shown), what's going on?

so why don't we view a screen grab from the wayback version of the same page, if I could give advice to Apple and all its pimply tech guys, always put a Robots.txt file on your site to stop indexing of something you are trying to hide, when you lose your pimply complexion and your balls start to drop you will understand that you are not that good and experience means hell of a lot....

iphone-wayback.PNG

we don't know how many recalls are evident with Apple because its all smoke and mirrors, its not about the phone I have a problem with its when you pay your workforce very little for something that is beyond popular, Huawei phones are fantastic and pay a living wage, they deserve a lot of credit...

12 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

We have the official recall notices shown below

You're getting recall and return/exchange programme confused.

Recall is when a company like Samsung is publicly recalling all phones as they are a safety risk, airline companies are banning them on board.

Apple have had exchange programmes where they have identified faults in a small amount of phones, usually by serial number you are eligible for a exchange.

I have never suggested Apple products are flawless and have never had any issues, but they have never had any product recalls like Samsung have. They have also not been fined for posting negative reviews on other companies products, damaging their reputation.

I know you're obsessed with your anti Apple hatred, I won't lose any sleep over it, or fail to see your replies as my battery will last all day :) 

2 minutes ago, David said:

You're getting recall and return/exchange programme confused.

Recall is when a company like Samsung is publicly recalling all phones as they are a safety risk, airline companies are banning them on board.

Apple have had exchange programmes where they have identified faults in a small amount of phones, usually by serial number you are eligible for a exchange.

I have never suggested Apple products are flawless and have never had any issues, but they have never had any product recalls like Samsung have. They have also not been fined for posting negative reviews on other companies products, damaging their reputation.

I know you're obsessed with your anti Apple hatred, I won't lose any sleep over it, or fail to see your replies as my battery will last all day :) 

are you dissing my Amazon Kindle?