Barnes and Ball

Woodley Ram

14 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Barnes suffered from injuries big time but deserves huge respect for his career path.

He could have just become a bench player at a Championship club or League One club but he took a paycut to go to the US.

His starting salary was only 120,000 dollars per year, around £1,750 per week which is what you could earn in lower League One.

He became a hit in the US, worked hard, and got his move to Vancouver then Orlando where he now earns 750,000 us per year.

He took a big risk going over to the US in a league where making good money is very difficult due to the wage caps and three designated player rules.

It's easy when you're 32 and already loaded to go to the US on a £1,750 per week, but doing it at 22 or whatever deserves respect.

I know, How could anyone live on £1,750 a week?

FFS.

:p

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, David said:

I hope the Red Cross know about Barnes only earning £1,750pw and get aid out to him, never realised how much he was suffering over there. I blame Trump.

Blimey that is not even a 5th of what you are earning... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

I know, How could anyone live on £1,750 a week?

FFS.

:p

1 hour ago, David said:

I hope the Red Cross know about Barnes only earning £1,750pw and get aid out to him, never realised how much he was suffering over there. I blame Trump.

In footballing terms it isn't that much and that sort of money doesn't go very far in some areas in the States.

Barnes would probably have to rent a small two bedroom house some 20km from the coast if he played for LA Galaxy on that figure.

Not only did he take a risk in moving to the US, he joined one of the worst teams and difficult cities in Houston

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Barnes would probably have to rent a small two bedroom house some 20km from the coast if he played for LA Galaxy on that figure.

Should have gone to Grimsby, beach is much closer, could have walked it

Surprised nobody's mentioned that it's been revealed we tried to get him back on loan in 2015.

I seem to remember Nixon tweeting all of that summer that it was Mel who wanted him back because he was his favourite player in the promotion.

10 minutes ago, cannable said:

Surprised nobody's mentioned that it's been revealed we tried to get him back on loan in 2015.

I seem to remember Nixon tweeting all of that summer that it was Mel who wanted him back because he was his favourite player in the promotion.

He was a favourite player of Mel's, no doubt. 

Mel also thought he'd been disgracefully treated by the club, and was very happy he was rebuilding his career elsewhere, and had no desire to disturb that.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He was a favourite player of Mel's, no doubt. 

Mel also thought he'd been disgracefully treated by the club, and was very happy he was rebuilding his career elsewhere, and had no desire to disturb that.

"The call came from Derby," said Barnes. "They wanted to bring me in on loan when I had finished the season with Houston Dynamo, the club I was with at the time.

"Everything was in place. I would come back to Derby in October 2015 when the MLS season finished.

"However, Houston blocked the deal and that was that."

If we ever had the option id take barnes back... hated the phone celebration against united in the league cup when he wanted a move... if he came back on loan & shown glimpses of what he used to be able to do then he'd be one of our best players... a fully fit Barnes & ince would be class... unfortunately the only way we'd ever see him back at his best is if we got a time machine   

Archived