A fridge too far

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Think people are misinterpreting this, HaTC are reporting that Stan is to be an ambassador for the proposed Nottingham European Capital of Culture bid.  He's only going to the City Ground tomorrow because they have a large car park that has, for Stan, unlimited possibilities.

10 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Think people are misinterpreting this, HaTC are reporting that Stan is to be an ambassador for the proposed Nottingham European Capital of Culture bid.  He's only going to the City Ground tomorrow because they have a large car park that has, for Stan, unlimited possibilities.

After their completely pointless and frankly laughable "City of Football" title, they now want to go for an even more outrageously absurd title of "European Capital of Culture"? Do any of the people tabling these bids actually live in the city? I know Derby has plenty of **** areas but does being a complete and utter shithole from top to bottom mean "culture" these days?

I've lived in Derby for 35 years of my life. I've lived in Nottingham for 1 of them and barely escaped with my life. The guy in this article was my housemate http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/3088957.stm :huh:

17 minutes ago, I Am Sheep said:

After their completely pointless and frankly laughable "City of Football" title, they now want to go for an even more outrageously absurd title of "European Capital of Culture"? Do any of the people tabling these bids actually live in the city? I know Derby has plenty of **** areas but does being a complete and utter shithole from top to bottom mean "culture" these days?

I've lived in Derby for 35 years of my life. I've lived in Nottingham for 1 of them and barely escaped with my life. The guy in this article was my housemate http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/3088957.stm :huh:

Well if Hull can get it, I assumed the title was ironic. 

59 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Well if Hull can get it, I assumed the title was ironic. 

Liverpool I can sort of understand, through clenched teeth. Hull I can't. My dad has lived in Hull for 23 years, he doesn't understand it either.

It has a nice big fish tank though.

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Funny how Stan is suddenly a massive Florist fan, didn't take much persuading to leave them as a player. Maybe the Nottingham women didn't like being punchbags so he had to look further afield than Cannock or Notts for sparring partners

Stanley Collymorecockwomble is a massive Villa fan unless he's getting gumplove on twitter, then he becomes a massive Notts Forest fan.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Fixed

As much as I could try, I don't really think anything could surpass that.

On a side note I tried editing Kenneth "Kenny" Burns' Wikipedia page. The inner child in me couldn't resist. Seems like it's locked out of public edits though.

Shame as I wanted to highlight the piehibition order that should be in place at the Council Tip. Might reduce the costs of transporting Reid and Burns via forklift.

9 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Red-dogging?

Archived