Payet

Mafiabob

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Sell him, once a player says that he should be sold asap.

I would expect Mel to do that regardless of who it was, be it Hughes, Ince or Carson. Club is bigger than any one player.

So, give the player and the agent exactly what they want?

I'm not saying that's necessarily wrong. Big sums of money are involved and clubs have to be pragmatic, but any sale when a player behaves this way will only encourage others to do the same in the future.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

So, give the player and the agent exactly what they want?

I'm not saying that's necessarily wrong. Big sums of money are involved and clubs have to be pragmatic, but any sale when a player behaves this way will only encourage others to do the same in the future.

Good, move all the slackers on. Keeping them could upset the rest of the squad. If they think the grass is greener, fine go.

However, just like Martin, we are only hearing from the manager...

12 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Good, move all the slackers on. Keeping them could upset the rest of the squad. If they think the grass is greener, fine go.

However, just like Martin, we are only hearing from the manager...

I think that's a dangerous game. You could become seen as a selling club and a pushover in the transfer market. I agree that keeping an unhappy player could be bad for morale, but so could allowing your best players to leave to rival teams.

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

Sell him, once a player says that he should be sold asap.

I would expect Mel to do that regardless of who it was, be it Hughes, Ince or Carson. Club is bigger than any one player.

The club is bigger than any one player. That's why they should keep him. Let him rot. West Ham don't need the money.

Good for him. He has carried West Ham since the minute he first pulled on their shirt. He was persuaded to sign a new contract with them on the basis of the ambition of the club, the level of new players they would be bringing in, the vision for the club was to match his vision for himself as a player.

west ham have failed to live up to their side of the bargain, almost lied to him to get him to stay

This is the alleged attitude CM is having at Fulham. 

I wouldn't want any player who outright refused to play for DCFC regardless of how vital they are to the team.

There's a difference between wanting a move, but continuing to be professional and playing to your best when picked (which surely would help a potential move?) and doing what Payet has done. 

I wouldn't even send them to the youth squad, I'd have thought players contracts would have something written in to them about refusing to play, but then I imagine any doctor diagnosing an injury the club can't find is hard to dispute, which would be a way out of that idea. 

Just now, Anon said:

I think that's a dangerous game. You could become seen as a selling club and a pushover in the transfer market. I agree that keeping an unhappy player could be bad for morale, but so could allowing your best players to leave to rival teams.

Or seen as not prepared to take the BS from primadonnas (sic) and greedy agents.

Just now, McRamFan said:

Or seen as not prepared to take the BS from primadonnas (sic) and greedy agents.

But, like I said, selling the player is taking the BS because it's exactly what the refusal to play is designed to accomplish.

Just now, Anon said:

But, like I said, selling the player is taking the BS because it's exactly what the refusal to play is designed to accomplish.

Some say they want to leave or will refuse to play to engineer a wage rise, I would call their bluff and move them on.

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

How would they look if their response was, "ok fine, hand in a transfer request"? 

They don't have to accept every bid that came in if that happened (would they?), and he can sit at home on gardening leave if not prepared to play. Sell him to anyone but a rival (China have a shedload of cash at the minute), and problem solved.

#simples :lol:

fine 2 weeks wages for every time they don't turn up to training or refuse to play. With 2 games a week for a while, he'll end up owing the club money.

Also, for breach of contract, reclaim his signing bonus and threaten to sue for pro-rata the transfer fee paid.

3 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

How would they look if their response was, "ok fine, hand in a transfer request"? 

They don't have to accept every bid that came in if that happened (would they?), and he can sit at home on gardening leave if not prepared to play. Sell him to anyone but a rival (China have a shedload of cash at the minute), and problem solved.

#simples :lol:

This is what I'd do if my club could afford it. The player could train with the kids whilst I worked my hardest to engineer a move for him to Greenland's B67-Nuuk or Kabul FC.

Archived