The chant "What's it like to see a crowd ?"

Ramz64

Does anyone just cringe when that's sung?

I'm proud of our fanbase and the attendances we get .. it's one of the best outside the Prem and better than maybe half the Prem too .. but I find it embarrassing singing that .. there's no need ! I don't think it shows our support in a good light .. Away fans can see how cool the atmosphere is at PP without it being rammed down their throats .. excuse the pun.

Villa fans singing about the "empty seats" here when Villa Park was worse than a morgue last season was funny tho..

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a personal slant on this...if it's a 'big team' down on their luck and their own fans are staying away (maybe Villa, Leeds... ) then it's fair game and I would join in.

If it's a Rotherham or a Crewe I feel their fans who travel the length of the country and who back their local team for little reward, deserve credit and I don't feel good taking the mickey...

No problem with what's it like to see a crowd to be honest but doesn't make sense singing it to teams with big grounds who get lower attendances than us, especially now for some cup games we get below 9000.

You're support is ******* ****, makes me cringe. If their support was that bad they wouldn't even be at the ground!

It's a bit pointless chanting it to people who, by every definition, are pretty good fans because they have gone to the trouble of attending.

The people you should be chanting it at are those who Bris reckons are the real fans - i.e. the hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's a bit pointless chanting it to people who, by every definition, are pretty good fans because they have gone to the trouble of attending.

The people you should be chanting it at are those who Bris reckons are the real fans - i.e. the hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers.

Typical Mexcian logic tbf. 

Just now, bigbadbob said:

Yea curse those Mexicans and their crazy logic. They're worse than women. You know a few Mexicans then?

No juniors - a couple of senors though.

38 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I prefer the chant "What's it like to see a todger?" while violently slapping it against the head of the man that sits in front of me. 

I preferred "what's it like to see a goal" when we had Pearson in charge.

I personally cringe each time I hear the collymore song.

I enjoyed singing the one in the 90s when he was actually a forest player and he had aspirations of more england appearenced. Hated him bck then.

The current one.... is not only vile singing about somone breaking their leg, its pathetic given that he stopped playing years ago, and is more of a broadcaster now who doesnt annoy me what so ever. I never sing this song, and never will, really childish probably sang by fans who werent old enough to go watch us when the incident actually happened.

58 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

I personally cringe each time I hear the collymore song.

I enjoyed singing the one in the 90s when he was actually a forest player and he had aspirations of more england appearenced. Hated him bck then.

The current one.... is not only vile singing about somone breaking their leg, its pathetic given that he stopped playing years ago, and is more of a broadcaster now who doesnt annoy me what so ever. I never sing this song, and never will, really childish probably sang by fans who werent old enough to go watch us when the incident actually happened.

The leg break probably wouldn't even get a mention but for his reaction to Dean Yeats suffering the same fate at Pride Park a few years prior, to be fair.

Archived