Barcelona

dog

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dog said:

No. Not them.

Mrs and I want to go in the summer for a few days. Just the two of us. Want to stay central.

Any recommendations of places to stay? Places to see?

If you stay between the Plaza Catalunya and Plaza Espanya, ideally between the rouad that connects them and the sea you are right in the mixer. Though if you have to stay further anywhere near a metro station is good.

If you are into architecture, Sagrada Famile, Parc Guell and the Gothic Quarter, obviously the Nou Camp museum and ground tour is good, wouldn't bother with the Olympic Stadium though. Walking the Ramblas has to be done and El Born is a cool area to eat and drink in.

If it is too hot get the train out to Sitges, a beach resort or up to Monserrat in the hills.

Loads of accom on Airbnb. Lots of studio flats for couples.  

What Sage said.

Watch out for Nigerians selling fake handbags on Las Ramblas.

Have a drink in el Bosc de les Fades. It's got a big tree inside and is pretty surreal.

Eat lots of Jamon Iberico.

Go to the Nou Camp.

Go to the beach - it's massive and if you're out there at night and are into it there's a couple of clubs underground around there.

Go to Parc Guell and climb up the hill - great view of the city and loads of Gaudi stuff around as well (obviously). Take water with you.

Barrio Gothic is nice.

El Raval (area) was traditionally "edgy" but is where a lot of the nightlife is.

Use the metro.

Gran Hotel Torre Barcelona. Lovely hotel with great views from the restaurant.

Montjuic for the fountains - go in the early evening to get a good spot as it gets really busy later.

La  paradeta if you like fish. Pick your own and wait for it to be cooked. Heaven!

Have a lovely time - I'm jealous!

I'm considering going to Barcelona for a few days in April. For those who have been, what's the rough cost for two people to go for around 4 days and see everything worth seeing?

It's a place I've always wanted to go, and I'd love to see Lionel Messi play in the flesh before it's too late.

Archived