Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I don't have a clue who this chap is so don't shoot the messenger, but a friend of mine who supports Villa said his work colleague saw Lansbury at Villa's training ground earlier. He may be wrong and it could have just been some other clown with a dodgy hair cut, but thought I'd pass on the information anyway. 

Middleton quarry?

There is a site right next to villa training ground that I've visited before.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Middleton quarry?

There is a site right next to villa training ground that I've visited before.

Nah they work elsewhere. My friend's work colleague just happened to be passing there and saw him, well, according to him. I've asked my mate whether or not he's the type of person who takes the p**s and he says, 'not really and he's never taken much interest in transfer rumours so it'd be really random for him to just make it up,' 

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Bid haven't been ACCEPTED OR REJECTED YET. So I don't really think Lansbury was at villa training ground tbh. 

Just because a club hasn't come out to the media and said whether or not a bid has been accepted does not mean it hasn't happened.

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Bid haven't been ACCEPTED OR REJECTED YET. So I don't really think Lansbury was at villa training ground tbh. 

Clubs could have just remained quiet. And I said, I've never met the bloke who claimed to have seen him so don't shoot the messenger. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Clubs could have just remained quiet. And I said, I've never met the bloke who claimed to have seen him so don't shoot the messenger. :lol:

:p

Yeah, it's already looking like he wasn't at Villa's training ground. The Nottingham Post have recently put out an article about the takeover which says it's edging closer to being completed and they're planning to sit down and hold talks with Lansbury. So unless Fawaz is pulling a sneaky one, I doubt he'll be going anywhere for a week or two at least.

"But the deal is a very long way down the line – and reached a stage many weeks ago where, the Post understands, the American consortium contractually should have a say on any major decisions made by the club, when it comes to player recruitment, player sales, contracts and the future of head coach Philippe Montanier.

And it is understood that significant financial penalties could be incurred if current owner Fawaz Al Hasawi veers away from these stipulations; if he makes any major decisions without the approval of all parties involved."

http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-facing-fight-to-keep-three-key-players-as-takover-saga-continues/story-30030483-detail/story.html#PuEVWUvlJWXw3RTO.99 

From what I've heard, Lansbury is still very much at the forefront of Mac's thinking and the club are still confident they can do a deal. A lot is getting made about Forest not wanting to sell to Derby but Fawaz & most likely the new American owners will put a good business deal ahead of [petty] rivalry. This could still very much be on the cards and is worth keeping an eye on.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Fawaz will put a good business deal ahead of [petty] rivalry. 

This on it's own would seem unlikely...

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

the new American owners will put a good business deal ahead of [petty] rivalry.

This however does...

Archived