Dire recruitment during Summer 2015

ariotofmyown

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Alpha said:

I wouldn't rule it out. 

Blackman is nowhere near as bad as some make out. 

He's had a really poor start for Derby and I don't think he's got a huge future ahead of him but I think some excuses can be made for just how poor he has been. He's never slotted into a confident team where he's allowed to make mistakes.

He's always been on the pitch at bad times. 

Specifically - Blackman is a fine technically skilled player but at Derby his end product has been atrocious/unlucky. Never seen a player miss so much near the goal but use so much cleverness and ball skill to get into those positions. Almost as if he's cursed from scoring. Fix the finishing you fix the player. 

Blackman hasn't been that good with his shooting so far, but I feel there's a reason for this. He does the now dubbed 'Harry Kane' style of aiming for the corners (not flags) when shooting.

I remember watching an early cup game this season (I think) where Blackman had around 6 shots. 5 were either wide or over but each time he appeared to be aiming for the corners of the goal. The 6th shot was hit down the middle, hit the bar and came back to Bent (?) who poked in. 

If this is the case, Then his technic isn't necessarily bad, it's just an accuracy/confidence issue. 

Im not sure whether he will come good, but he seems to fit in as part of the squad and therefore I hope he does well for us

12 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It's taken Johnson and Butterfield over 12 months to perform to their best, last season they looked like poor signings. McClaren is getting the best out of them and credit where credit is due, I've heavily criticised the pair of them as many people have and for very good reason! But both were outstanding today. Johnson has been consistently good for a number of games now, hopefully butterfield can continue this form.

Can't agree. I thought both were decent signings and contributed to many goals and wins. 

17 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Who the hell was responsible for our recruitment during the Summer transfer window last year when Clement was boss. What a waste of money:

Bent: over the hill, was good 10 years ago

Ince: arrogant and has one good game in 20

Johnson: biggest waste of money since Claude Davies. Norwich can have him back for free

Baird: how is this joker even at the club still?

Pearce: who? Has hardly played for us. Ship him out with the rest of the 'deadwood'

Butterfield: so miserable you can tell he doesn't want to be here. Well guess what mate, we don't want you here either.

Shackell: the only one worth having. Premiership class and a proper leader.

Mel Morris: well done, you've got lots of money. If you want to waste it then fair play. Just can't help thinking we'd be better off without you.

I take stick on here for being a little outspoken at times, but you must feel like a right prat now. You certainly sound like one.

I agree with you about Shackell though. Mr 'deadwood' Pearce must be playing well to keep him out, it must be said.

6 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

I take stick on here for being a little outspoken at times, but you must feel like a right prat now. You certainly sound like one.

I agree with you about Shackell though. Mr 'deadwood' Pearce must be playing well to keep him out, it must be said.

Um. I think ariotofmyown was being ironic. 

7 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Are you being sarcastic?! Because @ariotofmyown was...

1 hour ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

WHOOSH!

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Genuinely can't tell if this thread is a massive fishing rod or he's been 100% serious...

I won't comment if it's a fishing rod as I don't see why you would want to piss your fellow fans off just for a joke. 

Lol. How's your Twitter account going?

9 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

I appear to be able to do this without really even trying... you know, when I'm actually genuinely trying to say something of  note. ;-/

Join the club mate. 

Just because I speak my mind and don't agree with everyone, I get ridiculed for it.

19 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Who the hell was responsible for our recruitment during the Summer transfer window last year when Clement was boss. What a waste of money:

Bent: over the hill, was good 10 years ago

Ince: arrogant and has one good game in 20

Johnson: biggest waste of money since Claude Davies. Norwich can have him back for free

Baird: how is this joker even at the club still?

Pearce: who? Has hardly played for us. Ship him out with the rest of the 'deadwood'

Butterfield: so miserable you can tell he doesn't want to be here. Well guess what mate, we don't want you here either.

Shackell: the only one worth having. Premiership class and a proper leader.

Mel Morris: well done, you've got lots of money. If you want to waste it then fair play. Just can't help thinking we'd be better off without you.

If Mel wasn't shaking his todger around in a phallus measuring contest when he got rid of Mac the first time..... then maybe we would be a lot better off, hoping he finally realised the error he made..... 

The benefits of hindsight are wonderful though.....

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

Genuinely can't tell if this thread is a massive fishing rod or he's been 100% serious...

I won't comment if it's a fishing rod as I don't see why you would want to piss your fellow fans off just for a joke. 

It was the sort of tripe that some were posting last season - perhaps a cut and paste

Archived