Will Hughes turns down contract offer?

Cam the Ram

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Did he actually say it will be sorted soon? Either way Hughes should be the best paid player in the squad by a country mile. 

He's already been offered a wage that would see him highest earner by some margin. But he rejected it. Or his agent did. It's he that does the negotiating. 

Fingers crossed. 

5 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

He's already been offered a wage that would see him highest earner by some margin. But he rejected it. Or his agent did. It's he that does the negotiating. 

Fingers crossed. 

I believe you're not making up stuff because I know as a poster that you aren't the type. 

But how reliable is that info? Where's it from?

So long as it doesn't effect his performance then I don't mind if he wants to go test himself higher up. He's had chance to leave before and stuck by us. For a while he probably had a glimpse of how his future could go if he's playing DM in the bottom half of the Championship. Sometimes you have to take it while it's there. Loyalty can cost you a better career.

Or his agent is just trying to get the maximum Derby are willing to pay. Exactly what we'd all do.

Hughes runs the show. He is a very special player. Without him we are just not the same team. He is the CPU. We should give him an offer he can't refuse. The future should be built around him...He is in microcosm what MM is all about...total excellence in a Derby County shirt. I suspect that MM is all too aware of the significance of Hughes and will have a strategy to keep him at Derby. The future of Derby County is yoked to the future of William Hughes. 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Hughes runs the show. He is a very special player. Without him we are just not the same team. He is the CPU. We should give him an offer he can't refuse. The future should be built around him...He is in microcosm what MM is all about...total excellence in a Derby County shirt. I suspect that MM is all too aware of the significance of Hughes and will have a strategy to keep him at Derby. The future of Derby County is yoked to the future of William Hughes. 

Spot on!

But if he wants to test himself at a higher level, play for his country, possibly in a world cup and make more money then he may not sign any offer. 

I agree 100% we should do our best. And I rate him as highly as you. Not arguing with you.

Just if he's ready and there's a chance to go for it... there might never be another shot. You never know

I bet Vardy wishes he was at Arsenal right now

Agree but it's a disservice to the player to have him stay in this league next season. Any contract should contain a release clause or have a clause (either min fee or a non promotion release). He deserves the best.

We will no doubt tie up Hughes with another contract, knowing that if/when a prem club makes its move it will add a few million more on to the fee. 

He is the only real creative midfielder we have, we need to add another in Jan, before its too late.

16 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Agree but it's a disservice to the player to have him stay in this league next season. Any contract should contain a release clause or have a clause (either min fee or a non promotion release). He deserves the best.

Who's bleeding side are you on .:thumbsup:

39 minutes ago, toddy said:

We will no doubt tie up Hughes with another contract, knowing that if/when a prem club makes its move it will add a few million more on to the fee. 

He is the only real creative midfielder we have, we need to add another in Jan, before its too late.

You're going to attract the wrath of the butterfly lovers, Toddy ! :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

You're going to attract the wrath of the butterfly lovers, Toddy ! :ph34r:

You know we only need a couple players in certain positions that will make us a challenging team, at the moment we are relaying too much on Hughes, when he is not available or off his game we don't look the same, we don't have anybody else of his skill and intelligence. Some may not like it but its the truth, we are light in midfield, Johnson in as DM is a revelation, I see Bryson and Butterfield as subs, as a fresh pair of legs.

14 minutes ago, toddy said:

You know we only need a couple players in certain positions that will make us a challenging team, at the moment we are relaying too much on Hughes, when he is not available or off his game we don't look the same, we don't have anybody else of his skill and intelligence. Some may not like it but its the truth, we are light in midfield, Johnson in as DM is a revelation, I see Bryson and Butterfield as subs, as a fresh pair of legs.

Sort of agree but I'm not sure why everyone thinks Bryson isn't the same player as before when the reality is he just never gets selected! 

Just now, Ninos said:

Sort of agree but I'm not sure why everyone thinks Bryson isn't the same player as before when the reality is he just never gets selected! 

He really has never reproduced the form he was in a few season back, he also doesn't seem to have the same energy levels.

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

He really has never reproduced the form he was in a few season back, he also doesn't seem to have the same energy levels.

A player needs game time because he becomes ring-rusty. I would pick Bryson over Butterfield and get Bryson flying again...We are winning games atm because we are not conceding...a bit like Burnley last year, but attack-wise we are quite conservative (check out the Championship scatter charts and we are only very average in attack. Get Bryson back and we will start to become much more potent up top. 

Archived