Biggest game of the season? - Huddersfield (A) talk.

RamsPolls

For me this team currently cannot handle the pressure of playing at home. They have worked very hard in the last couple of home games but a change of scenery will be good for them. I would take a point to continue the unbeaten run however due to not being favourites in the game it wouldn't surprise me if we got all three.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, 86 points said:

Something of an oxymoron there chum!

And if I understand the balance of your post, what you're saying is that if we play well we might win, but if we play badly we might lose? :huh:

Thought we were ok last night in any case. Room for improvement, for sure, but better by a long stretch than early season.

That was supposed to say Inspirational lol.

We did play ok on tuesday and especially after Huddersfield's poor performance last night, I feel like we will be fav's to win this.

For me Leeds was the biggest game so far .. Just had to get first home win with Mac and being the dirties it was even more important. We need goals now, what is the terriers defensive record like. ? Want a win, need a win, expect a win ...but a high scoring draw would do at this point. It is about building self belief and then the faster, winning football will come almost by itself. ( IMO of course :thumbsup:)

6 hours ago, jono said:

For me Leeds was the biggest game so far .. Just had to get first home win with Mac and being the dirties it was even more important. We need goals now, what is the terriers defensive record like. ? Want a win, need a win, expect a win ...but a high scoring draw would do at this point. It is about building self belief and then the faster, winning football will come almost by itself. ( IMO of course :thumbsup:)

Spot on @jono

The win against Leeds was crucial, just to help settle things down with McClaren coming in. 

I might get some stick for this but I actually don't think this game is all that important.  I expect we won't win this game, in fact I really wouldn't be surprised if we lose. It's just very early in our 'recovery' for playing a side away that has been flying this season.  

I'd love to be wrong and smash them though :D.

13 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Spot on @jono

The win against Leeds was crucial, just to help settle things down with McClaren coming in. 

I might get some stick for this but I actually don't think this game is all that important.  I expect we won't win this game, in fact I really wouldn't be surprised if we lose. It's just very early in our 'recovery' for playing a side away that has been flying this season.  

I'd love to be wrong and smash them though :D.

I agree that the result is not important - but we do need to build confidence and resilience,  so incremental improvement in performance is really important. 

If we don't and sag backwards from our recent run we could find ourselves in a relegation scrap after a third of the season. 

Just now, HantsRam said:

I agree that the result is not important - but we do need to build confidence and resilience,  so incremental improvement in performance is really important. 

If we don't and sag backwards from our recent run we could find ourselves in a relegation scrap after a third of the season. 

That's a fair point and I agree for the most part. However I wouldn't be surprised if this game is a bit of a 'lapse' before we improve even more (compared to Leeds) against Wednesday next week. 

Archived