Biggest game of the season? - Huddersfield (A) talk.

RamsPolls

Couldn't find the thread for the game - Could only find the predictions one.

Is this game the biggest of the season? - Maybe in terms of where they are in the table and who they have beaten this season, But I don't believe they will be up in the top 6 come may. I watched the game against Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday and they looked a fairly average side against a better Sheffield Wednesday team. They left huge space at the back for FF to exploit and they gave away a sloppy penalty, Which cost me my bet!! Had a double of them to draw and Watford to beat Boro 14/1. 

For me the game plan has to be to exploit the space they leave in behind, Years ago we didn't have the pace to do this but with Vydra, Anya & Weimann, We have a very pacey attack, I would put Weimann on for Ince to start on Saturday and use the pace we have in this squad. Not too sure what Sheff Wednesday's game plan was but it was similar as every time they won the ball back they were playing it over the top of the CB's for FF to chase. 

If we are solid defensively and can use the pace we have in this squad then we could come away with a win! 

This team is screaming out for George Thorne who can pass through an eye of a needle but a this moment we don't have the magic man. I rate Thorne highly but I do feel Johnson can do very well in his position when cover is needed. Johnson just needs to improve on his tackling and I feel he could do very well for us again. 

Butterfield and Hughes will be vital for saturday as we will need to be passing near perfect passes through to Vydra everytime of asking. We won't be able to pass around Huddersfield as they overload their midfield and make the pitch very narrow when the teams are attacking, this then means Christie and whoever plays LB need to be right on their crossing game and be able to get up and down that wing frequently.

If we use the pace in this team, I am confident we can come away with 3 points. 

YOU RAMS.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RamsPolls said:

Would be good, Not seen a proper Johnson screamer that we came a custom to when he was at Norwhich.

Where is Norwhich? ?

5 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

My guess is if we play like we did against Cardiff we could win that game. 

If we play like last night with slow inspirational football we will get punished,

Something of an oxymoron there chum!

And if I understand the balance of your post, what you're saying is that if we play well we might win, but if we play badly we might lose? :huh:

Thought we were ok last night in any case. Room for improvement, for sure, but better by a long stretch than early season.

Archived