Away fans at Ipro (Brentford Tue 18 Oct 16)

therams69

12 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

A big no from me.

Atmosphere was awful, wasn't this supposed to get your block going Nick?

It's not about whether the atmophere was good or not, do you prefer the away fans being situated where they were last night or where they were before?

And try to answer without being a mardarse since that's all I ever see you do.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tombo said:

It's not about whether the atmophere was good or not, do you prefer the away fans being situated where they were last night or where they were before?

And try to answer without being a mardarse since that's all I ever see you do.

The question was "whether or not the atmosphere was better with the away fans located here compared to where they were before (right next to the South Stand)"

A big no from me - no it was not better - is that clear enough for you?

Just now, CHCDerby said:

The atmosphere is never going to be great with 600 supporters, doesn't matter where they sit

The atmosphere is never going to be great when the recent performances have been so poor.

1 hour ago, mumblemumble said:

The question was "whether or not the atmosphere was better with the away fans located here compared to where they were before (right next to the South Stand)"

A big no from me - no it was not better - is that clear enough for you?

You're wrong, it was better.

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

You've got a great outlook on the team haven't you!

So they've been good this season then? - And you've just started a thread about the performance of 1 player who has been in and out of the team for the past 2 years - great outlook!

2 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I sit in the East Stand upper, in between the 18 yard line (north stand end) and half way and genuinely thought there were no away fans at all. Couldn't see them, couldn't hear them! From a selfish point of view, much prefer them more in the corner.

same

19 minutes ago, mumblemumble said:

So they've been good this season then? - And you've just started a thread about the performance of 1 player who has been in and out of the team for the past 2 years - great outlook!

We haven't lost in 4 games? How can you say the performances haven't been good? We have dominated all 4 games.

16 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

We haven't lost in 4 games? How can you say the performances haven't been good? We have dominated all 4 games.

Dominated - 2 out of the last 4 games we have had less than 50% possession

There is no creativity which has created an apparent lack of goals.

The atmosphere will improve when we start winning games, start scoring more and start moving up the table.  

The myth of possession being the be all and end all gets right up my nose. Only one thing matters and that is goals.

To score goals you actually have to shoot on target. We don't, at least nowhere near enough.

What is Phillips doing?

The atmosphere is really strange and its not the away fan position, it us. At one point last night we had a corner at the North end. The ground went almost silent, no excitement or anticipation at all. Then when it turned into nothing there was no reaction at all.

5 hours ago, FindernRam said:

The myth of possession being the be all and end all gets right up my nose. Only one thing matters and that is goals.

To score goals you actually have to shoot on target. We don't, at least nowhere near enough.

What is Phillips doing?

The atmosphere is really strange and its not the away fan position, it us. At one point last night we had a corner at the North end. The ground went almost silent, no excitement or anticipation at all. Then when it turned into nothing there was no reaction at all.

Steve Bloomer said exactly that all those years ago and nothing has changed.

Possession based football is actually more negative than the traditional defensive alternative.

It just looks better, but denies the other team any chance to effect the game.

I always switched off when Spain were in full tikka takka flow. What poxy, boring stuff. A hundred passes to advance ten yards ffs!! Like watching paint dry.

6 hours ago, FindernRam said:

What is Phillips doing?

Tbf, when we win a corner it's normally a good time to whip yer phone out and check other results.

21 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Steve Bloomer said exactly that all those years ago and nothing has changed.

Possession based football is actually more negative than the traditional defensive alternative.

It just looks better, but denies the other team any chance to effect the game.

I always switched off when Spain were in full tikka takka flow. What poxy, boring stuff. A hundred passes to advance ten yards ffs!! Like watching paint dry.

I have to agree re: Spain. Don't get me wrong, I admired the way they kept the ball and wouldn't aimlessly punt it to anybody but on the flipside it was monotonous, lethargic and bored the living daylights out of me. Barcelona in contrast do the same thing but they move the ball quickly and use the likes of Messi to suddenly inject pace into an attack which is a hell of a lot more exciting to watch. There is a world of difference between the two.

6 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I have to agree re: Spain. Don't get me wrong, I admired the way they kept the ball and wouldn't aimlessly punt it to anybody but on the flipside it was monotonous, lethargic and bored the living daylights out of me. Barcelona in contrast do the same thing but they move the ball quickly and use the likes of Messi to suddenly inject pace into an attack which is a hell of a lot more exciting to watch. There is a world of difference between the two.

Agreed.

But then again Messi, Suarez and Neymar are not Spanish are they?

7 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

I sit in the East Stand upper, in between the 18 yard line (north stand end) and half way and genuinely thought there were no away fans at all. Couldn't see them, couldn't hear them! From a selfish point of view, much prefer them more in the corner.

7 hours ago, muzzamurray said:

same

Have to say the same...at one point I thought that Brenford had only brought 12 fans as that was all we could see and couldnt hear them at all....and I wasnt alone in that many from the bus and in the pub thought the same infact it was a big talking point until they we were told what had happened! I sit in east upper just on the right of the half way line

Archived