Away fans at Ipro (Brentford Tue 18 Oct 16)

therams69

9 hours ago, Rambusta said:

7 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

I sit in the East Stand upper, in between the 18 yard line (north stand end) and half way and genuinely thought there were no away fans at all. Couldn't see them, couldn't hear them! From a selfish point of view, much prefer them more in the corner.

Have to say the same...at one point I thought that Brenford had only brought 12 fans as that was all we could see and couldnt hear them at all....and I wasnt alone in that many from the bus and in the pub thought the same infact it was a big talking point until they we were told what had happened! I sit in east upper just on the right of the half way line

And there lies the reason for the move, this is how the SS usually view the away end unless there's a larger following.

Now we can see and hear them we can have some (lighthearted) banter about paedos etc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, philmycock said:

We could hear them singing! Where do you sit??

Could hear them singing but didnt sing back? D block SS

12 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

No they're not. I meant that Barcelona play in a similar way to the national team but just have that spark provided by Messi et al who you are correct, are not Spanish.

That's exactly why they can blitz even good teams like City last night.

They are the only team around today who could give Pele's 1970 Brazil team a run for their money, IMO.

My word, what a fantastic game that would have been!!

Both teams play(ed) ATTACKING possession football and boast(ed) awesome firepower, perhaps Brazil even more so all over the field.

43 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I'm in E block SS, we sang a bit! The SS is full of non-singers, it wasn't thought out very well when we first move, many people just moved for the cheap tickets.

Sang a bit... A couple of songs maybe?

Know what doesn't help the atmosphere? D block throwing their toys out of the pram midgame when they can't get the whole ground singing.

I'm in E Block, I was singing more or less every song. I looked like a tit because nobody around me was joining in. I didn't have a paddy, I just kept going. Singing about how "South stand fans are ******* crap" saps all enthusiasm for singing.

They should give out free tampons when they send out D Block season tickets next year.

10 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Know what doesn't help the atmosphere? D block throwing their toys out of the pram midgame when they can't get the whole ground singing.

I'm in E Block, I was singing more or less every song. I looked like a tit because nobody around me was joining in. I didn't have a paddy, I just kept going. Singing about how "South stand fans are ******* crap" saps all enthusiasm for singing.

They should give out free tampons when they send out D Block season tickets next year.

You're kind of generalising arent you? I don't agree with all the songs started but at least they're singing. It is supposed to be a singing stand after all.

5 hours ago, Tombo said:

You upper or lower? Ossie is in D block, but he's more of a panty pad user, I heard

5 minutes ago, philmycock said:

You upper or lower? Ossie is in D block, but he's more of a panty pad user, I heard

Upper. We get some noise in our area, just not when D Block are having a tantrum. What doesn't help I feel is that the drummer is so far away from D and E Block, or at least seems like it. He is always just off the beat. He needs to lead, not follow.

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Upper. We get some noise in our area, just not when D Block are having a tantrum. What doesn't help I feel is that the drummer is so far away from D and E Block, or at least seems like it. He is always just off the beat. He needs to lead, not follow.

Dead right, you know as well as I do, if we're winning the atmosphere trebles, shame really. Need to move all the quiet ones. I'm right next to D block, about halfway up, wouldn't mind moving further back 

I'm still trying to get the East stand lower to be more vocal. Some guys in the East upper are doing a better job but it's like pulling teeth where we are. There's a group of us at the top of the East lower who are always singing and starting a lot of chants but you need a fair few more to carry it round the block. 

We do need some 'East Stand' chants to play off the south stand I think to really help. 

I've said before the left side right side, south stand East stand would work well if we got it going. 

As well as a simple 'East Stand' similar to the old 'C stand' :) 

On topic I can see why you'd want them moved as it had the opposite effect that we normally get and hats the point. The south stand do get more vocal so it is only fair for me that they get a better opportunity to engage the away fans. When we as a stand get in on the action more I may feel differently. 

14 hours ago, Tombo said:

I think the problem is Tombo for less nosier games is that those around don't bother joining in. The noise needs to spread and it doesn't at the minute. You could put that down to non singers or what not I don't know.

11 hours ago, England Ram said:

I'm still trying to get the East stand lower to be more vocal. Some guys in the East upper are doing a better job but it's like pulling teeth where we are. There's a group of us at the top of the East lower who are always singing and starting a lot of chants but you need a fair few more to carry it round the block. 

We do need some 'East Stand' chants to play off the south stand I think to really help. 

I've said before the left side right side, south stand East stand would work well if we got it going. 

As well as a simple 'East Stand' similar to the old 'C stand' :) 

On topic I can see why you'd want them moved as it had the opposite effect that we normally get and hats the point. The south stand do get more vocal so it is only fair for me that they get a better opportunity to engage the away fans. When we as a stand get in on the action more I may feel differently. 

Great points.

No point in the East Stand seeing the away fans when they are not going to be the one's that are making all the noise if you get me.

East Stand can be very good on their day especially when the likes of Forest are down here. But again this is all down to fan mentality and how it is nowadays. If the South Stand aint going I doubt the East Stand is going to be on one either.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Why didn't we move the fans towards the East Stand vs Rotherham. Couldn't hear them at all from the SS. Guess we gave up on this after 1 match, shame as I thought it improved the atmosphere at our end, pfffft

To be fair, couldn't hear them from the NS either. I think on this occasion it was more a case of the Rotherham fans just being boring more than where they were sat.

Quiet as church mice they were. Apart from going mad with glee when Ince missed the second half penalty. As if it really mattered in the end! :lol:

2 hours ago, philmycock said:

Why didn't we move the fans towards the East Stand vs Rotherham. Couldn't hear them at all from the SS. Guess we gave up on this after 1 match, shame as I thought it improved the atmosphere at our end, pfffft

Sorry not updated the forum! My apologies...

I chased this last week with the ticket office manager ahead of the game. The Brentford game was always a trial to see how everything went in the stands and of course operationally for DCFC etc... No problems reported.

The Rotherham tickets were already on sale before a decision had been made hence why they were located where they were.

Next few away fans, Norwich, Brum and Red dogs should all bring a few so wont be a problem.

When Wigan come and for the future from now on... away tickets will be sold from the East to South (like Brentford)

Apologies again for not updating!

Archived