The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

I'm not sure he will be back now. 

I think Fulham have an option to buy him for another 6 Million and then they could sell him on to someone else for higher price. 

Will all rest with Chris Martin though but Fulham could play hard ball on this and buy him and then hold out on selling him. 

They can't buy him without him signing. They couldn't sell him if they bought him without Martin signing.

We've done this to DEATH.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They can't buy him without him signing. They couldn't sell him if they bought him without Martin signing.

We've done this to DEATH.

Wrong they can buy him because they have the option on buying him for 6 Million because it's all in the loan deal of 3 million plus an extra 6 which was signed allegedly.

That's how these things work. 

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

Wrong they can buy him because they have the option on buying him for 6 Million because it's all in the loan deal of 3 million plus an extra 6 which was signed allegedly.

That's how these things work. 

How will they make him sign?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

How will they make him sign?

He's already signed the loan deal which then follows on automatically into a permanent deal .

Thats my understanding on these type of loan deals with options.

It protects the clubs options in this case Fulham. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

He's already signed the loan deal which then follows on automatically into a permanent deal .

It would be completely illegal to force Chris Martin into a contract he doesn't want to sign.

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

You better tell Gary Rowett that then cos he's expecting him back next season and as said as much.

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Pretty sure that can only cover the fee between the clubs, Fulham turning the loan agreement into a permanent transfer will still need Martin to have a contract with Fulham, which may have been agreed in advance and signed, and I'm sure does happen in some cases, but I'm not convinced its the case in this instance, if nothing else, he signed that new contract at Derby and if he'd got his permanent deal at Fulham I doubt he'd have been quite so injured in January.

But the transfer fee agreed in the loan agreement cannot be the same thing thing as a contract between Fulham and martin - they are two seperate contracts which may or may not have been signed at the same time.

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Jesus not this again

It is a three way deal......

Fulham can only buy him at the price agreed at the start of the season if all parties agree...

But the main issue is Martin has to agree to sign for them

He doesn't want to which is why he has signed a three year contract with derby

I'm surprised at you curtains or are you just winding us up.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Jesus not this again

It is a three way deal......

Fulham can only buy him at the price agreed at the start of the season if all parties agree...

But the main issue is Martin has to agree to sign for them

He doesn't want to which is why he has signed a three year contract with derby

I'm surprised at you curtains or are you just winding us up.

No just wait and see then. 

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Pretty sure that can only cover the fee between the clubs, Fulham turning the loan agreement into a permanent transfer will still need Martin to have a contract with Fulham, which may have been agreed in advance and signed, and I'm sure does happen in some cases, but I'm not convinced its the case in this instance, if nothing else, he signed that new contract at Derby and if he'd got his permanent deal at Fulham I doubt he'd have been quite so injured in January.

But the transfer fee agreed in the loan agreement cannot be the same thing thing as a contract between Fulham and martin - they are two seperate contracts which may or may not have been signed at the same time.

Too many variables so we just have to wait and see. 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Its fair to say he may not be back because we sell him either to Fulham for the price pre-agreed, to wolves who still seem to like him or any other club who want to spend the dough on him.

I just can't buy the Fulham buy him just to sell him at a mark up theory.... Its nuts.

Ok fair enough.  But it's not a done deal he will be back at Derby just yet IMO 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Would they be able to match his new contract?

Course, they have mega rich owners and most importantly they are prepared to back the manager. Costa looks like he might leave in the summer for around 20 million( according to wolves fans) which will give them plenty of wiggle room within ffp 

Archived