Attitude towards Mel

IlsonDerby

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

Toddy, Owen Bradley wrote a piece the other day stating Pearson had the full backing of Mel and was here for the long term, that was last Friday.

In all fairness he was making the same noises about Clement.

I can understand why some are seeing this as the boy who cried wolf scenario.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, philmycock said:

FTFY

I'd rather you didn't do that to one of my posts in this instance.

You have, on about half a dozen occasions now in the last 24 hours, more-or-less implied that Sam Rush is bent (not Darren). Just be careful - or rich. Libel cases are invariably won by the person with most money.

It's the Tory Way.

38 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Wish he'd just **** off to Candy Crush land to be honest.

I've been critical of the way he has been doing things since he spunked all that money on **** after he sacked Mac. Within 6 months he had undone 4-5 years of hard work.

i don't love the club like I once did.

Ok fine, I'm all ears. Who do you have lined up to cover our losses which are probably in the region of £10m per year.

42 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Wish he'd just **** off to Candy Crush land to be honest.

I've been critical of the way he has been doing things since he spunked all that money on **** after he sacked Mac. Within 6 months he had undone 4-5 years of hard work.

i don't love the club like I once did.

Genuine question,

Did you prefer it then when we were under GSE and had however many odd years of re-modelling and had little to no hope of an exciting signing.

We've had disappointment under Mel that's for sure but only becoase he's gave us that belief that comes with a few inflated transfer fees. 

THis happens at all football clubs when the cash is waved around and we're no exception 

2 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Toddy, Owen Bradley wrote a piece the other day stating Pearson had the full backing of Mel and was here for the long term, that was last Friday.

Something happened on Monday where it appeared a line had been crossed and now Pearson appears to be down the road.

We may never find out the ins and outs of it because of confidentiality clauses and all that legal stuff but I'm leaning towards the Mel had no option but to take the action he did on this one side of things because if Mel was so adamant Pearson was going to be here for the long term last Friday after the dross we've produced so far, stability was his priority too.

Yep. I know what Owen said..........

But the meeting the actually took place was on Tuesday at the team hotel, that meeting between Mel and Pearson resulted in the suspension of Pearson because of what was said also being so volatile and so close to punches being thrown. 

I am quoting TalkSport Ian Dowie, Danny Murphy, Jim White here. It has also been mentioned in The Mail, The Guardian, before this post gets deleted.

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Genuine question,

Did you prefer it then when we were under GSE and had however many odd years of re-modelling and had little to no hope of an exciting signing.

We've had disappointment under Mel that's for sure but only becoase he's gave us that belief that comes with a few inflated transfer fees. 

THis happens at all football clubs when the cash is waved around and we're no exception 

At first, no I didn't. But there was no doubt that we were on an upward trajectory the moment we appointed Mac... 

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'd rather you didn't do that to one of my posts in this instance.

You have, on about half a dozen occasions now in the last 24 hours, more-or-less implied that Sam Rush is bent (not Darren). Just be careful - or rich. Libel cases are invariably won by the person with most money.

It's the Tory Way.

Sorry precious, not implied anything of the sort, the coincidence was pointed out to me and thought it was worth debating, I'm sure MM wouldn't allow any of his staff to be anything but above board, I just wish we scouted youth and lower league players like we did before rather than spending over the odds on tat just because we know of them through contacts

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

And why's that then?

Clement was sacked for footballing reasons 

PEARSON WAS NOT!!.

How many ****** times do some folk have to be told before it sinks in??

1. Mcclaren was sacked because his head was turned and was never going to stop with us

2. Clement was sacked because he obviously told MM he was on board with his plans (MM confirmed this) and then just went totally in the opposite direction, football was dire.

3. Wassall was only caretaker and doing it as a favour to MM. He wasn't sacked!.

4. Pearson had full support of MM, he's gone and done something Serious which has got him suspended. According to reports (SSN and BBC) due to a bust up.

Tell me in all of those situations, where is MM behaving like Cellino???.

I really do think the level of some peoples intelligence on here is laughable.

Edit: Also Pearson hasn't been sacked yet, although it's highly possible.

We have in the last season and a half now gone through 4 managers heading onto our 5th if CP doesn't get it,  - even Celliino has managed that many?

How many teams in the prem or football league have gone through 4 managers in that time frame?

Please enlighten me?

There is a problem at Derby County, every action has a consequence  - being a rich fan does not mean you are doing things correct .

Until we have stability at this club - we will not get anyway in this league.

8 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

So because the bloke pays the bills, we can't criticise him for the **** decisions he makes on top of meddling he seems to do?

Yes of course we can. You want him to **** off though, so wondering who you have in mind to take over.

It's amazing how a decision that the huge majority of Derby fans were behind all of a sudden has become a **** decision. Maybe it was a decision that a lot agreed with that just didn't work out?

Dressing room incident aside can we have some examples of this meddling please? Always interested to know what is happening within the club.

30 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

At first, no I didn't. But there was no doubt that we were on an upward trajectory the moment we appointed Mac... 

We were, completely agree.

mac harnessed cloughs good work and we had a high in terms of playing style not seen since the Jim smith days, I literally walked around Nottingham with a permenent smile on my face, knowing the next derby game would be a sheer dream of gorgeous swashbuckling football 

However, we've all, well a lot of us have supported Derby long enough to know those moments with our beloved club in the main have been short lived and while Mel has got some things wrong the guy has been putting a lot of money into the foundations of the club to try and make those highs a little more frequent and more importantly prolonged, for which I think he deserves great credit and I'm sure in years to come we'll all be incredibly grateful to him for that

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes of course we can. You want him to **** off though, so wondering who you have in mind to take over.

It's amazing how a decision that the huge majority of Derby fans were behind all of a sudden has become a **** decision. Maybe it was a decision that a lot agreed with that just didn't work out?

Dressing room incident aside can we have some examples of this meddling please? Always interested to know what is happening within the club.

It's just not the Pearson decision. I've been critical of him since the decision to sack Mac.

i can't say anything on here because Mel will start crying and theatening to sue.

9 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

We were, completely agree.

mac harnessed cloughs good work and we had a high in terms of playing style not seen since the Jim smith days, I literally walked around Nottingham with a permenent smile on my face, knowing the next derby game would be a sheer dream of gorgeous swashbuckling football 

However, we've all, well a lot of us have supported Derby long enough to know those moments with our beloved club in the main have been short lived and while Mel has got some things wrong the guy has been putting a lot of money into the foundations of the club to try and make those highs a little more frequent and more importantly prolonged, for which I think he deserves great credit and I'm sure in years to come we'll all be incredibly grateful to him for that

That's fair enough, I can agree with that.

What I don't like is that we had a solid 5 years of rebuild and we were starting to see the rewards of that.

It just seems like as soon as Mel come in, we chucked all that out of the window and started on a new path of splunking money when it didn't need to be. This has in turn ripped that great dressing room morale and replaced it with overpriced crap who don't have the fight we used to have. 

The added money has increased expectation amongst fans which is causing us to fight between ourselves. Plus the chairman is probably getting pissed off with chucking his money into a black hole and is expecting results. These results ain't happening so he throws more money at sacking the manager.

Its a vicious and toxic circle we're in. He needs to employ someone for 3 years, give him a set budget for that time and disappear into the shadows and let the manager work his magic.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I certainly don't love some of our false entitlement fan-base.

The chairman backed his manager with hard cash, the manager said "I want those players", the manager signed those players, the chairman paid for them. I'm sure that your criticism would have been equally as scathing and one-sided if Mel had told the manager that the injuries to Hughes and Bryson were just one of those things, and that he had to make do with what he had left.

I agree with you, Eddie. Although I do think that Mel has been a bit too supportive of the managers and their transfer wishes. That's why we have a bloated squad of journeymen with egos. If he's made two mistakes it's a) he's given them too free a reign and b) he's sanctioned incomings that weren't absolutely necessary when we had perfectly qualified academy lads to step in. Plus, selections of managers will always be an imperfect science.

Where many are saying he meddled etc I dont think he's been tough enough. I trust his judgment better than our recent managers, and most of the fans. He's truly invested in the club and he sees exactly what's going on, which makes him the most qualified decision maker. To compare him to some of these other owners is a joke as he's clearly the best from my perspective.

40 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Sorry precious, not implied anything of the sort, the coincidence was pointed out to me and thought it was worth debating, I'm sure MM wouldn't allow any of his staff to be anything but above board, I just wish we scouted youth and lower league players like we did before rather than spending over the odds on tat just because we know of them through contacts

Not being precious at all.

I am only saying 'be careful' - personally I don't give two hoots if someone gets hammered, but the site invariably cops it as well. Some people I know at Blackpool got shafted by the Oystons, and the rhetoric started in exactly the same way with innuendo - and that innuendo suddenly became accepted as fact, and once that happens, it becomes expanded upon, and then THAT becomes accepted as fact.

The highlighted text is a classic example of that type of 'fact'.

Coming back to the Blackpool scenario, several posters saw the situation start to escalate on a number of messageboards, and the thought was "someone's going to be in trouble for saying that". A few weeks later, hey presto, trouble arrived. The DET site went the same way.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He can't sue you for stating true facts.

The onus of proof is on the person being sued, not the person bringing about the action. Slander and libel is skewed in favour of the rich, because there is no legal aid. It would cost between 20 and 50 grand to contest a case, and generally speaking, the average man in the street could not afford to risk such an amount.

In this instance (the post you are replying to), Mel hasn't given any indication that I am aware of that he would sue anyone, so I guess that throwaway remark (his, not yours) is just synonymous with the poster's apparent hatred or disenchantment with Mel Morris.

10 minutes ago, eddie said:

The onus of proof is on the person being sued, not the person bringing about the action. Slander and libel is skewed in favour of the rich, because there is no legal aid. It would cost between 20 and 50 grand to contest a case, and generally speaking, the average man in the street could not afford to risk such an amount.

In this instance (the post you are replying to), Mel hasn't given any indication that I am aware of that he would sue anyone, so I guess that throwaway remark (his, not yours) is just synonymous with the poster's apparent hatred of Mel Morris.

I took the comment more as an admittance that the poster has no evidence of any 'meddling' other than the fateful trip to the dressing room, however (s)he sees that as good enough reason to keep on accusing MM of interfering every time something goes wrong.

Archived