Only Connect (football version)

Bridgford Ram

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buckley, Wilson, Micklewhite and Davison all played in the 3rd division for us but that doesn't seem a strong enough link.

I believe Steve Buckley and Bruce Rioch both had brothers who were professionals but can't think that works with any of the others.  Also both started their league careers with Luton.

Buckley and Hinton both played for Borrowash Vics.

8 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Buckley, Wilson, Micklewhite and Davison all played in the 3rd division for us but that doesn't seem a strong enough link.

I believe Steve Buckley and Bruce Rioch both had brothers who were professionals but can't think that works with any of the others.  Also both started their league careers with Luton.

Buckley and Hinton both played for Borrowash Vics.

nope

8 hours ago, richinspain said:

Steve Buckley and Gary Micklewhite both played in over 100 consecutive games. I'm guessing that Bobby Davison and Bruce Rioch did the same?

oooh, you've got 3 of the 4, AND the right group.

8 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Club record signings, Kitson and Saunders?

sorry, no.

8 hours ago, richinspain said:

Steve Buckley and Gary Micklewhite both played in over 100 consecutive games. I'm guessing that Bobby Davison and Bruce Rioch did the same?

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

oooh, you've got 3 of the 4, AND the right group.

I honestly don't know. Swap Rioch for Hinton ?

Just now, HantsRam said:

Rioch kitson saunders wilson scored 4 in a match for derby 

Did they?  Obviously I am far too young to remember Bruce Rioch as anything other than a grumpy manager.  I remember Kevin Wilson doing it in his explosive season.  Can't remember the Saunders or Kitson ones though?

5 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Did they?  Obviously I am far too young to remember Bruce Rioch as anything other than a grumpy manager.  I remember Kevin Wilson doing it in his explosive season.  Can't remember the Saunders or Kitson ones though?

I made that up. Rioch did it in 1976 when we drubbed spurs 8-2.

I extrapolated from the 2 I knew. I don't remember Saunders or kitson that well as wasn't really close to the rams in that period :lol:

Archived