The way forward......lets be positive

Way forward:

1) Tell the squad to get a grip, they are all capable players at this level. That the new regime is going nowhere and they need to lump it all the're all on the transfer list come January. Remind them that a footballer of character does not fear the match. 

2) Have a "heart to heart" where the squad get their feelings off their chest without fear of repercussions.

3) The discipline in system is there to help them, once everyone is gelled, they can then know and see how to embellish the game with their individual qualities - eventually knowing who is doing what will provide comfort and support where as now it's isolating and creating blame games.

4) Win a few games - no matter how, but all pull together and get a few points on the board. The performances haven't been good but it's not just about working harder, if we'd forwards with an ounce of belief we'd have at least two more wins, and games we've been in are more common than games we've been humped.

5) Anya and Vydra have a goal each, and there have been numerous chances for others saved or just wide - get the forward players and midfielders to relax - Brys, Will, Ince, Ikichi, Jonny, NIck, Matty, guys, just relax, you've all scored plenty in your careers, once the opportunity has been worked open the hard part is done with, just relax and kick the ball in the goal.

6) All the Derby fans want is something to cheer. When they're not cheering you, just remember that'll change in a second as long as they get the chance to.

7) Carson, you're effing dropped marra.We're going to keep it real with Chris Wheal.

8) Defenders - you survive or fail as one. I want you guys group hugging, fist bumping and butt patting each other.

9) Midfield 4, you're there to help each other.

10) Let Nigel down again and it's autoerotic asphyxiation time for the lot of you. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to positive I really would but I have not seen a single thing that our current manager has done that has impressed me.

our better goal scoring midfielders are not played in correct positions to be replaced by non scoring poorer systems, our central centre forward is discarded on loan just as we buy his ideal partner ( Vydra ) 

if we are to be positive Mel is being extremely patient but based on what I have witnessed live in all the home league and cup games and two away games I wouldn't be because nothing positive is occurring.

21 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

@Ram a lamb a ding dong nice to see someone being positive , we need it . I can't say I agree with a few of your points . But on the whole I get what your saying , especially on the youngsters . Way too much emphasis on NP playing 4 4 2 . Regardless of the formation the players just aren't playing for the club at the moment . I Say players , not all obviously . For me I'd like too see a line up a bit like this 

Mitchell 

Christie      shackell   rawson    Lowe 

Butterfield  hughes   johnson  anya 

Vernam 

Vydra 

Mitchell in for Carson I don't think he's been at it recently probably too many sleepless nights 

Christie , I thought about my criticism of him recently, probably harsh , plus he's not really got too much competition 

Shackell is way underrated by some on here , as a defender he's fantastic . Distribution is sometimes questionable .

Rawson in for keogh , give rich a break and a wake up call not writing him off by any means , plus rawson might give us some more of an aerial threat from set pieces. 

Lowe in for Olsson, looked promising from his current first team introductions

Midfield basically the same but bring johnson if for that bit of steel . 

Keep Vydra in up top , the goals are going to start flowing for him soon , I think he looks sharp 

Which leaves me too Charles Vernam he's been scoring for fun in the under 23 s so why not ? 

You say the players are not playing for the club yet 2 of the 4 that you would drop are Keogh and Bryson who are probably the only 2 that guarantee you 100% every game.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You say the players are not playing for the club yet 2 of the 4 that you would drop are Keogh and Bryson who are probably the only 2 that guarantee you 100% every game.

I've explained my reasons for keogh and yeah granted bryson will give you 100 % effort, but to be fair that's been about it this season , he's offered by very little else ! 

4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I've explained my reasons for keogh and yeah granted bryson will give you 100 % effort, but to be fair that's been about it this season , he's offered by very little else ! 

First things first though, if we have players here not trying, as NP has supposedly suggested, they need naming and shaming immediately.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

First things first though, if we have players here not trying, as NP has supposedly suggested, they need naming and shaming immediately.

Got to disagree. Naming and shaming individuals will only cause more problems within the squad and give the boo boys a target before a ball has been kicked. Either try and get them to change attitude or leave them out in the cold away from the rest of the squad until you can rid. 

18 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Got to disagree. Naming and shaming individuals will only cause more problems within the squad and give the boo boys a target before a ball has been kicked. Either try and get them to change attitude or leave them out in the cold away from the rest of the squad until you can rid. 

Fair point but if I am being ripped off by contributing towards somebody's wages who is not earning them then I would like to know

I rarely post comments and enjoy reading what you guys have to say, but am I alone in thinking that it is the players that should be taking the the vast majority of the blame for this symbolic start to the season. It seems that every time we blink there is another manager and his backroom staff for the team to get used to, and granted, that doesn't help the cause, but we are not just talking about a team here, we are talking about individual professional footballers, and this is how they make a living. Now I know that if my manager is a ****, and I and others don't get on with him/her, I will still put in a shift because there are others still to impress above them. I guess what I am trying to say is you don't lose the ability to string two passes together, or the ability to be able to run into space to receive that pass, or the ability to take a throw in to a team mate without putting him under so much pressure that he loses it, just because you may not agree with your boss. These are bread and butter things that should be happening full stop. This is what they are being paid to do. There are some things that we can't blame on others, individual skill is one. Being able to pass that ball accurately, knowing when to make that run. Surely if the players get this right, that in itself would breed confidence in a team. The players need to take a good hard look at themselves. If they are not playing for Nigel Pearson, they need to remember that they are still playing for our Derby County. Thoughts anyone.

On September 25, 2016 at 09:06, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

All negative posts being banded around so lets try and throw some suggestions (preferably sensible) as to what can be done to turn this disaster akin to the Titanic heading towards its iceberg doom.

Lets assume NP remains in charge.......

Me:

Drop Carson, Christie. Replace with Mitchell and Butterfield. Butters hasnt the pace for RCM so at full back he could add something in terms of ability to pick a pass and to be fair cant defend any worse than CC.

Carson doesnt seem to inspire and tends to drop a clanger or 2. Mitchell appears to have confidence in abundance. Good prospect.

I would give Olsson once last chance to prove himself as i really dont rate him either. Keogh likewise. Lowe and Rawson ready in the wings

Eksniak (spelling probably wrong) on the wing. Someone with pace and can cross a ball.

Stick with 442 but need a better balance in the middle. My choice all season has been Hanson and a.n.other. Bryson or Hughes to be on the front foot. Hanson will be the insurance to cover the back 4.

Up top Vydra and Weimann/ Wilson/ Blackman. Bent hasnt got the zip of old hence thevamount of offsides he gets.

I like Blackman. He just needs a goal and he will kick on.

At the exit gate on Morley Rd...

Ince, Shackell, Johnson, Christie,

Last chance saloon....

Russell, Olsson, Keogh

Not good enough but keep as appear good eggs...

Baird, Bent

Thoughts?????

You lost me at Butterfield. He's a glaring weakness and double weakness when played out of position as he has been. Blackman must have broken a world record of attempts on goal without a goal - never seen such incompetent execution but agree he's skilled. Bent did much better with offside last game btw.

Archived