Defenders who can defend...

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The back 4 weren't great yesterday but the goals came from a lack of midfield cover. 

The first was a break with no midfielder in sight. The defence did drop off but that's what you'd expect them to do. This should allow a midfielder to get back, problem is they were to high up the pitch.

For the second the midfield were the wrong side of Blackburn's midfield so there was no shield to stop a pass been played through.

This all happened after Bryson was taken off. Similar happened against Liverpool when Baird was taken off at half time.

Pearson needs to take some of the blame for this.

18 hours ago, McLovin said:

I suggested a 3 at the back a while back. I'll try and bump the thread up if I can find it. We can't defend so more protection is needed

This idea is actually growing on me. It seems to suit what we have available massively. Can't be any worse than what whatever it is we are trying to pull off at the minute

I don't think the issue is needing extra defenders, I fail to understand why Bryson came off. He is superb at mopping up and being available. The issue for me is Pearson's insistence on these long balls forward where we lose possession time after time. It is horrible football. I would happily see him replaced. Give Fulham their money back, get Martin in and pass to him, not over his head or aimlessly into the corners. Jeeez, it is dire to watch; so predictable. 

Our problem isn't the centre backs.

We have wing backs who are poor defensively playing as full backs & we have two attacking midfielders in CM.

Our centre backs are left exposed time and time again.

Just to top it off we have an experienced GK who doesn't appear to communicate, has woeful distribution and appears to be pretty immobile when it comes to shot stopping.

I'm surprised our goals against record is as acceptable as what it currently is.

19 hours ago, McLovin said:

That would be all well and good but our only good cdm is injured

Yeah it's not like he got injured on the eve of the season is it! Has never been fit since Pearson been here, piss poor transfer business to be honest!

all we need was back up for Martin and back up for Thorne, other than that try and move some fringe players out for better options. But we seem to have totally ripped up the team instead

Archived