Beer Thread

Cisse

Had some of this from Lincolnshire Poacher (a Castle Rock pub) in Nottingham yesterday

"http://i41.tinypic.com/nl4tqw" alt="nl4tqw">

Also had a bottle of Pauwel Kwak...

and from 'The Maze': 2 bottles of Anchor Steam Beer

and a bottle of Chimay red (first time), as well as a Duvel

...and necked a pint of Castle Rock's Preservation in 2 minutes

Plus around 5 pints of some other stuff.

It was messy.

I buy a couple of bottles of Kwak every now and again, just to let the occasional visitor test out the glass and rack. Plus of course it's a cracking beer.

Just put an order in to a company called belgium in a box dot com for a case (24 bottles) of Gulden Draak and a case of St Bernardus Abt 12 (basically the same beer as Westvleteren 12 - St Bernardus used to brew it for them).

They're based in Brussels and their delivery is quoted at "4 to 8 days".

Total cost for each case was about €51, and the shipping / courier delivery service worked out at around €22.50 per case. So taking everything into account, that works out at around £2.50 per bottle at the current exchange rate. That works out at about half the price I was paying at my 'local' off-licence, and I don't have to do a 60 mile round trip.

Eddie, what are you trying to do to me. I can't get my order below 6 crates. Heellllpppp.

Who are you using? Or are you saying 'I want that, that, that, some of those, this and some more of that'?

Who are you using? Or are you saying 'I want that, that, that, some of those, this and some more of that'?

Just picked out what cases I wanted. Still got too many. I hope I forget tbis in the morning so I don't spend my crack money on beer.

Just picked out what cases I wanted. Still got too many. I hope I forget tbis in the morning so I don't spend my crack money on beer.

I can see a Belgian Beer Club coming on. I've basically got a mate at work to chip in, so we are splitting the two cases. I'll do anything for this guy - he's still got a few bottles of 1999 Thomas Hardy's Ale (tee hee). If we could get 4 people involved next time, then we could each choose a case and split them so we get 6 bottles of each brew apiece.

I can see a Belgian Beer Club coming on. I've basically got a mate at work to chip in, so we are splitting the two cases. I'll do anything for this guy - he's still got a few bottles of 1999 Thomas Hardy's Ale (tee hee). If we could get 4 people involved next time, then we could each choose a case and split them so we get 6 bottles of each brew apiece.

I was thinking the very same thing.

Yes, save Eddie a 30 mile round trip.

You can drive to his to fetch yours! :)

I was thinking more along the lines of 'meet up on match days'  :p

And it's a 60 mile round trip

Shame that I don't live there. Belgian Bear Club is a nice idea. BBC - sounds familiar but can't really say why. :D