When will that illusive goal come?

CumbrianRam

When will DCFC score next?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eddie said:

I know who didn't go tonight.

Fair play I didn't as I had other commitments, but I am going all the way to Bristol before you pull the half fan card on me! It did sound like we played better tonight, but again from what I heard on the radio we dropped off our game once they scored, which seems to suggest to me a mental frailty that Pearson is struggling to sort, I think that's the biggest problem and has been for some time

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Fair play I didn't as I had other commitments, but I am going all the way to Bristol before you pull the half fan card on me! It did sound like we played better tonight, but again from what I heard on the radio we dropped off our game once they scored, which seems to suggest to me a mental frailty that Pearson is struggling to sort, I think that's the biggest problem and has been for some time

They dropped for about 5 minutes but then picked it up and pressed Ipswich back. The last 15 minutes was complete one-way traffic, with Hughes and Blackman twice really unlucky not to score.

One thing that struck me 5 minutes after the game - Nick Blackman stood in the centre of the pitch completely motionless, absolutely distraught until Chris Powell came over to him and put his arms around him. People still keep spouting that the players are lazy, overpaid and that they don't care. Well, the boo-boys are destroying him, and I hope that they are proud of themselves, the maggots.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

They dropped for about 5 minutes but then picked it up and pressed Ipswich back. The last 15 minutes was complete one-way traffic, with Hughes and Blackman twice really unlucky not to score.

One thing that struck me 5 minutes after the game - Nick Blackman stood in the centre of the pitch completely motionless, absolutely distraught until Chris Powell came over to him and put his arms around him. People still keep spouting that the players are lazy, overpaid and that they don't care. Well, the boo-boys are destroying him, and I hope that they are proud of themselves, the maggots.

From what I heard it definately didn't seem like a lack of effort, I'm ashamed if there was booing at the end- but not surprised. If the players give their all, then it's either Poor luck or you've gotta be looking at the bloke in the dugout imo, sounded like a bit of both today. I fear it won't work out for nick blackman, he seems a nice enough guy, but when you don't score for that long it must start playing on your mind, I really hope he gets one soon to give him confidence- although right now I wouldn't care if it comes off Darren bents arse, we just need a goal!

When we drop hughes....

and Bryson.....

-runs for cover-

but i'm almost half sirius

I know they are loved, i really do. but Im sure hughes didn't see too much of play today, no splitting passes, and bryson, he is the one who runs ahead, give him the ball deep and he passes sideways, he doesn't play that defence splitting through ball anymore, i know he tries hard.....

one little thought, when hughes and bryson got injuired in the bolton match, 1st game of the season a while ago.....we didn't do that badly without them did we?

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

When we drop hughes....

and Bryson.....

-runs for cover-

I know they are loved, i really do. but Im sure hughes didn't see too much of play today, no splitting passes, and bryson, he is the one who runs ahead, give him the ball deep and he passes sideways, he doesn't play that defence splitting through ball anymore, i know he tries hard.....

one little thought, when hughes and bryson got injuired in the bolton match, 1st game of the season a while ago.....we didn't do that badly without them did we?

It completely fooked up our season and cost Clement his job.

Hughes tonight was kicked up in the air everytime he was on the ball. Mick McCarthy did his homework and his players followed his instructions...you can't blame him, its the only way to stop Hughes, he is head and shoulders above any player in this division.

If Will played in the Prem he would get more protection but as long as we've got Sunday morning referees then he's going to get kicked to fook. There is no other way to stop him unfortunately. He was close to unplayable tonight.

I sadly wouldn't get too excited about us scoring away to Bristol City on Saturday either. We may have to wait for the home game against Blackburn before we move passed the one only league goal so far this season. The one after away to Cardiff might be alright for goals for us as well hopefully

I just wonder what odds you'd get tonight at the Bookies on Derby County finishing the season as the Champioships top scorers. A Billion / 1 perhaps ?.

5 minutes ago, TETRA said:

I sadly wouldn't get too excited about us scoring away to Bristol City on Saturday either. We may have to wait for the home game against Blackburn before we move passed the one only league goal so far this season. The one after away to Cardiff might be alright for goals for us as well hopefully

I just wonder what odds you'd get tonight at the Bookies on Derby County finishing the season as the Champioships top scorers. A Billion / 1 perhaps ?.

Barnsley have 17 more, so odds will be atleast in the 100s I'd say.

51 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

When we drop hughes....

and Bryson.....

-runs for cover-

Who are you gonna play instead of those two?

False comparison to last season. We played a three man midfield then, that allowed us to dominate matches, whereas Pearson is insistant on playing aa two. Plus we had Thorne dominating matches basically on his own - Thorne isn't fit to do that right now.

57 minutes ago, eddie said:

After the game, every player who came over to the East Stand had a good reception.

There were a few boos at full time, but they were short lived and half hearted, and aimed at no one in particular. 

I thought in the circumstances the support was good tonight.

Archived