Get behind the team and stop trying to prove who's right .

Curtains

39 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

FFS these players are £££££ a week, do you really think many of them give a **** about a few boos, moans and groans?!?!

Can I pay you double your wages then get 10 people to stand behind you every day at work booing you, telling you are crap at your job, and calling you anything you want. We wouldn't bother you right cos you will be earning more money.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, rynny said:

Can I pay you double your wages then get 10 people to stand behind you every day at work booing you, telling you are crap at your job, and calling you anything you want. We wouldn't bother you right cos you will be earning more money.

Its hardly every day, it's 90 mins on a Saturday so yes.....for 10K you can stand behind me and boo for 1.5 hours.

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Two ignorant and unintelligent posts on the spin there DerbyRam1.

Perhaps engage your brain and apply some logic. Firstly, this is not about how much money they earn, it shouldn't be a factor, if you're not just lying to avoid criticism, then what you are pretending to ask for is effort and performance, and in asking for those, it shouldn't matter if the player is the best paid at the club, OR the apprentice/academy player on £55 a week making debut, so here in lies the problem/question, is it effort you want to see? Well, I haven't seen any lack of effort, and anyone saying they have is a liar. What we are missing is actually execution, not effort.

Players may be "going through the motions", but the effort is still there. SO that leads me to why isn't the effort being transformed into performance? This is where the booing and groaning comes in. We know these players can perform, and we have seen it, so what is the difference? I've been saying it for 2 years nearly, the "Feelgood factor" is the difference. It wasn't there under Clough, the performances were sporadic, it was there under McClaren at the beginning, the performances improved, it disappeared under McClaren in line with the Newcastle thing and has been missing ever since, and so have consistent performances.

SO your second post I've quoted just screams of you petulantly saying "I pay my money, I want to see wins". Sorry kid, it don't work that way. You pay your money to watch 90-ish minutes of football. There is no guaranteed standard, no guarantee of goals, skill, effort, flair or anything, and similarly those players are so well paid to do just that, play football. Anything else is in YOUR mind. The moaning is YOU, not them. They enter the field of play and play for 90 minutes, they are doing what they are paid well to do. Show me where it says they are paid for anything different.

Firstly don't patronise me, I'm not a kid and believe it or not I am entitled to my opinion as you are.

I have taken on board some of your points and my views are as follows:

You say about outing the effort in, did you see Tom ince against Burton? Hauled off at HT for doing nothing. Did Shackell at any point put in 100% on Saturday against Newcastle? Has Bradley Johnson put in any kind of effort recently that you can think of??

Regarding wages, I would expect the high earners to lead by example and show the young lads what its all about.....this does not happen.

50 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

In that case they shouldn't give us fans the chance to get on their back.

If they did what they were so well paid to do then we would have no need to moan.

Ridiculous statement. Your ideal would involve every team winning always.

10 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Its hardly every day, it's 90 mins on a Saturday so yes.....for 10K you can stand behind me and boo for 1.5 hours.

And how long before it takes an effect on your work, before you start to make simple mistakes, 10,000 people booing everything you do, or what your colleague does, or what your manager does. If you don't care that people are booing you then you obviously don't care for what you are doing.

38 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Is it just me that thinks fans have been ok so far this season? I don't hear hardly any booing at the home games, think everyone wants us to do well and willing to give some time

Has been frustrating and is starting to look slightly worrying, think met three league games will tell us a lot. Ipswich, Bristol and Blackburn all winnable games. 

I thought that DEL and me were the only ones not to hear booing. Audiology appointments are free.

For me, Pearson has proved in 8 competitive games that he is unable to get the best out of the players we had at the start of the season.
With that in mind, how do people think we would have done if he'd come in for the second half of last season instead of Wassall ?
Would we have made the play-offs?

17 minutes ago, rynny said:

And how long before it takes an effect on your work, before you start to make simple mistakes, 10,000 people booing everything you do, or what your colleague does, or what your manager does. If you don't care that people are booing you then you obviously don't care for what you are doing.

If 10,000 people stood behind me booing at work I would be replaced by my boss and replaced with someone better!

1 hour ago, Derbyram1 said:

In that case they shouldn't give us fans the chance to get on their back.

If they did what they were so well paid to do then we would have no need to moan.

I really wish you didn't have a very similar name.........I'm ashamed

SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

Quite sick of the boo'ers they do not help, I was embarrassed at the end of the Newcastle match....fine let people leave when the second went in, it's their choice....but I didn't expect half of the people who stayed only to boo the team off!!!??? I bet you were one of them...

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

I really wish you didn't have a very similar name.........I'm ashamed

SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

Quite sick of the boo'ers they do not help, I was embarrassed at the end of the Newcastle match....fine let people leave when the second went in, it's their choice....but I didn't expect half of the people who stayed only to boo the team off!!!??? I bet you were one of them...

I don't boo, the lads round me can back me up on that.....my point is that everyone is allowed to vent their frustrations without being criticised for it.

Oh and 25 years of having a ST and buying endless shirts and away trips shows that I do SUPPORT my team....

4 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

I don't boo, the lads round me can back me up on that.....my point is that everyone is allowed to vent their frustrations without being criticised for it.

Oh and 25 years of having a ST and buying endless shirts and away trips shows that I do SUPPORT my team....

No it shows you have the money to do that :D! :lol:

But seriously, if you don't boo I don't have anything against you...but I think there is a difference in venting your frustrations and booing at players midway through the game especially at players already low on confidence.

Vent your frustrations on here, it's what a forums for isn't it?

9 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

No it shows you have the money to do that :D! :lol:

But seriously, if you don't boo I don't have anything against you...but I think there is a difference in venting your frustrations and booing at players midway through the game especially at players already low on confidence.

Vent your frustrations on here, it's what a forums for isn't it?

Mate I don't boo, I do get frustrated and passionate and some how wish the players on the pitch would sometimes show the same commitment but I guess this is modern day football.

Booing doesn't help, I just think people should be allowed to do as they like....we all pay our money.

Anyway, hopefully 3 points tonight and this forum will be a happier place :thumbsup:

31 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

If 10,000 people stood behind me booing at work I would be replaced by my boss and replaced with someone better!

It doesn't matter how much you are earning, if booing effects you, it effects you, earning an extra 10k a week/month/year isn't going to alter that. At the end of the day footballers are human, and are still affected by things the same as you and me.

It is frustrating when the crowd jeers when during our build up play a player makes a bad pass or has a bad touch. These things happen. We need to encourage them to get the ball back asap in those situations. I am looking forward to tonight's game. We are showing signs of when we are a good side that is unstoppable. With each passing week we will notice an increase in tempo and intensity. Strong finish to this season is on the cards. Which is what we have lacked the last couple. We will make the play offs. 

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

It doesn't matter how much you are earning, if booing effects you, it effects you, earning an extra 10k a week/month/year isn't going to alter that. At the end of the day footballers are human, and are still affected by things the same as you and me.

I agree mate, but my point is that if I was getting booed I would look at the reason why and try to do something about it.

The fans could well play an extremely important part tonight at the iPro, but the need for us to score first is simply MASSIVE. If Ispwich manage to score first the obvious lack of confidence clearly evident in front of goal so far this season will certainly magnify not only amoungst the players but also within large sections of the crowd. If that does happen I'll be dreading the final whistle especially if we've failed to score yet again. Oddly with things as they are right now failier to score would be a great deal worse than losing..

1 minute ago, Derbyram1 said:

I agree mate, but my point is that if I was getting booed I would look at the reason why and try to do something about it.

Well that is something different to the first post I quoted.

2 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

FFS these players are £££££ a week, do you really think many of them give a **** about a few boos, moans and groans?!?!

Confidence is a funny thing in football. You can go from being able to play on instinct and everything you try pays off, you score 30 yarders without even thinking about it, but when your confidence goes you start to question yourself, you start to think whether or not can you do it, and by the time you have thought about it the opportunity has gone, some times you still try to do it and makes you look terrible, some times you over complicate your thought, and technique which again makes you look poor. Losing your confidence can be one of the worst things for a footballer, no matter what they try it just doesn't reappear, it has to be built back up.

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

We are showing signs of when we are a good side that is unstoppable. With each passing week we will notice an increase in tempo and intensity. Strong finish to this season is on the cards.

Any chance you can forward me the highlights of when we showed this...I must have been asleep by that point!

Archived