Who is to blame - players or manager?

Sparkle

Let's blame......  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

If 4-3-3 was so easy to play against, why was our lowest points tally in three years 77 points? Why did we not get relegated if all teams had to do was copy Uwe Rosler's tactics. He got lucky at Leeds, but with Wigan they beat us fairly... 

Why is it time for a change? Why have people dismissed the idea that it was impossible to improve the 433 with a few tweaks, a few extra quality players in key areas?

Southampton played 433, or a variation of it. Why can't we reach their level? To bridge the gap we need better players in every position, not a complete system change and different style of football.

Ignore quoting the rest of my post. That's cool. With the investment, 5th wasn't good enough, neither was 8th the previous year. The system/players/management team ultimately failed. You cannot deny that. So now it's time for something fresh. So you can either bleat your heart out every week about how football is all about tactics, and simple tweaks will make us win (they won't), or you get behind the lads. At the end of the day mate, there's a reason Nigel Pearson is a highly regarded football manager, and you're not. I'll put my faith in him, thanks. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

You're such a hypocrite, it really gets on my nerves.

How am I a hypocrite? I get behind all the managers, I may not have liked  Wassall but I got behind him at the matches. The comment you quoted doesn't show a hint of hypocrisy.

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

How am I a hypocrite? I get behind all the managers, I may not have liked  Wassall but I got behind him at the matches. The comment you quoted doesn't show a hint of hypocrisy.

You were the first to blame Wassall and were one of the idiots who kept calling him 'Darren Waffle'. He was constantly attacked by our 'brilliant' fans despite him getting our team to finish in the play-offs and miss out on the final by one goal.

I hardly saw anyone blaming the players at that time, but now people like yourself and other fans have decided that all our players are **** and have a **** attitude. We have been challenging for promotion for the last three seasons with three different managers, with this group of players, why doesn't this manager get stick for failing to get this team playing?

8 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

You were the first to blame Wassall and were one of the idiots who kept calling him 'Darren Waffle'. He was constantly attacked by our 'brilliant' fans despite him getting our team to finish in the play-offs and miss out on the final by one goal.

I hardly saw anyone blaming the players at that time, but now people like yourself and other fans have decided that all our players our **** and have a **** attitude. We have been challenging for promotion for the last three seasons with three different managers, with this group of players, why doesn't this manager get stick for failing to get this team playing?

This manager doesn't get stick because we have failed the last few years . The common denominator is the players. Also it's not even September yet so give him chance.Pearson is a proven manager and will get it right eventually. If he needs to weed out the bad eggs then so be it. When the pressure is on the players bottle it. I criticised Wassall because there were some decisions that baffled me like bringing on forwards when he should have brought on defenders against Rotherham. That was a basic managerial error. Also playing Thorne in a pointless game which led to his injury. However, what goes unoticed is the praise I gave him after we beat Hull 4-0. McClaren,Clement,Wassall weren't perfect and neither is Pearson but the players deserve a lot of the criticism because they are the ones who have the responsibility to perform on the pitch.

12 minutes ago, McLovin said:

This manager doesn't get stick because we have failed the last few years . The common denominator is the players. Also it's not even September yet so give him chance.Pearson is a proven manager and will get it right eventually. If he needs to weed out the bad eggs then so be it. When the pressure is on the players bottle it. I criticised Wassall because there were some decisions that baffled me like bringing on forwards when he should have brought on defenders against Rotherham. That was a basic managerial error. Also playing Thorne in a pointless game which led to his injury. However, what goes unoticed is the praise I gave him after we beat Hull 4-0. McClaren,Clement,Wassall weren't perfect and neither is Pearson but the players deserve a lot of the criticism because they are the ones who have the responsibility to perform on the pitch.

Again with hypocrisy. The manager doesn't get stick because we have failed the last few years, but you constantly criticised Wassall. 

And if we are going to talk about awful managerial decisions maybe we can look at Pearson thinking it is great decision playing Will Hughes and Craig Bryson as holding midfielders, Martin up front with no midfield runners making him isolated and not having any game-plan at all. 

At the end of the day I have enjoyed the last 3 seasons a lot. I don't care too much if you consider them failures, because we played nice football and won games and we seem to be losing that under Pearson. 

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Southampton played 433, or a variation of it. Why can't we reach their level? To bridge the gap we need better players in every position, not a complete system change and different style of football.

As you say, a variation. I've had a little search and it was nothing like our 433. The fact you've had to go that far back to find 1 of 3 sides each year to play that formation speaks volumes IMO. 

11 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Again with hypocrisy. The manager doesn't get stick because we have failed the last few years, but you constantly criticised Wassall. 

And if we are going to talk about awful managerial decisions maybe we can look at Pearson thinking it is great decision playing Will Hughes and Craig Bryson as holding midfielders, Martin up front with no midfield runners making him isolated and not having any game-plan at all. 

At the end of the day I have enjoyed the last 3 seasons a lot. I don't care too much if you consider them failures, because at the end of the day we played nice football and won games and we seem to be losing that under Pearson. 

I criticised Wassall because I didn't know what I know now. I wish I could take back them comments but I can't, however that doesn't mean I want him back because some of his decisions were unforgivable to me and I doubt he would want to come back. He is doing a good job with the academy,keep him there as his best asset is developing players. How do you know Pearson is telling the players to play the way they are? It comes across to me in the interviews that they aren't following basic instructions and don't have the quality as he puts it. At the end of the day the players have failed the last 3 years, no mater how you try and put it across,they have failed. Pearson is trying to build a team that will go up and stay up. It may take the full 3 years of his contract but I have no doubt that he will get us there. I haven't been entertained since McClaren was here. The performances have been regressing since March last year. We may have different views on football, I would like to go up no matter what then we can be "pretty" like Stoke and Boro once we get there

Just now, McLovin said:

I criticised Wassall because I didn't know what I know now. I wish I could take back them comments but I can't, however that doesn't mean I want him back because some of his decisions were unforgivable to me and I doubt he would want to come back. He is doing a good job with the academy,keep him there as his best asset is developing players. How do you know Pearson is telling the players the way they are? It comes across to me in the interviews that they aren't following basic instructions and don't have the quality as he puts it. At the end of the day the players have failed the last 3 years, no mater how you try and put it across,they have failed. Pearson is trying to build a team that will go up and stay up. It may take the full 3 years of his contract but I have no doubt that he will get us there. I haven't been entertained since McClaren was here. The performances have been regressing since March last year. We may have different views on football, I would like to go up no matter what then we can be "pretty" like Stoke and Boro once we get there

Your ITK about the players has to be one of the most idiotic things I have seen on this forum, it nears @RamsPolls levels. You really think that the players are going around saying to random people that they aren't motivated and aren't happy with certain individuals? Just think about how stupid that sounds that  apparently you and other random fans know about this rather then the manager and staff who work with them day in day out. 

Either your 'source' is lying or you are just **** stirring. 

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Your ITK about the players has to be one of the most idiotic things I have seen on this forum, it nears @RamsPolls levels. You really think that the players are going around saying to random people that they aren't motivated and aren't happy with certain individuals? Just think about how stupid that sounds that  apparently you and other random fans know about this rather then the manager and staff who work with them day in day out. 

I can assure you I'm not **** stirring. I'm just passing on what I heard. I'm not pointing a gun at your head and telling you to believe it. You can believe what you want. Couldn't care less what you believe. At the end of the day we have different opinions but we both want Derby to be successful. Also on the staff part, Morris and Pearson both know who they are

Just now, McLovin said:

I can assure you I'm not **** stirring. I'm just passing on what I heard. I'm not pointing a gun at your head and telling you to believe it. You can believe what you want. Couldn't care less what you believe. At the end of the day we have different opinions but we both want Derby to be successful.

It is **** stirring because people are going to believe this nonsense and start turning on the players what is really what we don't need right now at the club. There is no basis at all for you info and it doesn't make any sense at all, if Pearson knew about these 'trouble-makers' why is he still playing them and not picking youth? Unless the chief trouble makers are the evil Alex Pearce and Chris Baird. 

Next time keep this supposedly ITK knowledge to yourself as it does more harm then good for the club. 

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

It is **** stirring because people are going to believe this nonsense and start turning on the players what is really what we don't need right now at the club. There is no basis at all for you info and it doesn't make any sense at all, if Pearson knew about these 'trouble-makers' why is he still playing them and not picking youth? Unless the chief trouble makers are the evil Alex Pearce and Chris Baird. 

Next time keep this supposedly ITK knowledge to yourself as it does more harm then good for the club. 

How are the fans going to turn on the players when normal every day fans don't know who they are?If I was **** stirring don't you think I would name the bad eggs? Again believe what you want, I couldn't care less mate. Mel and Pearson are giving the players another chance which is why we haven't seen signings, at least that's what this individual told me. Again believe what you what. I don't care. Contrary to other users opinions, I don't get off on making "imaginary claims." I just want the best with my club 

3 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

never going to stick up for McLovin, but you'd be surprised what players are willing to say as long as they know they aren't being filmed. I used to get all sorts of shocking stuff out of players in the Clough era, and in the Gregory era too.

If all the transfer speculation that's been going off today is true, then so much about last night makes sense.

What we saw last night was a bunch of individuals (not a team) who looked dejected and demotivated. Players like Martin looked like they had no drive to fight for the team. Could that be because they're about to be replaced? Would make sense, if so. 

19 hours ago, McLovin said:

We only have 1 less point than this time last season with some of the harder games out of the way. 20 game unbeaten run on the way

Yeeessssss........

Gotta admire the optimism. However in our slow start last season we had a couple of games where we battered the oppo but conceded flukey deflected goals (which I seem to recall were all keoghs fault:lol:)

I always felt this time last season that the performances were coming together and the results were not far away.

The performances this season have not given me any cause for similar optimism. Unfortunately.  I'd love to be wrong BTW

Archived