Burton End

dcfcgodd

Just now, eddie said:

probably

ˈprɒbəbli/

adverb

adverb: probably

almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.

"she would probably never see him again"

synonyms:in all likelihood, in all probability, as likely as not, very likely, most likely, likely, as like as not, ten to one, the chances are, doubtless, no doubt, all things considered, taking all things into consideration, all things being equal, possibly, perhaps, maybe, it may be, presumably, on the face of it, apparently; More

archaiclike enough, belike

"I knew I would probably never see her again"

You are probably a simpleton.

Almost being the key word?!

you've already decided the cause of the problem and launched a tirade at them despite having as much information as everyone else on the situation?! Ie not much information at all

Will have to agree to disagree on this I guess. And yes I'll be a simpleton if you say so. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Almost being the key word?!

you've already decided the cause of the problem and launched a tirade at them despite having as much information as everyone else on the situation?! Ie not much information at all

Will have to agree to disagree on this I guess. And yes I'll be a simpleton if you say so. 

You seem to be under the impression that my 'tirade' is aimed at Derby fans in general. That is not the case - I reserve 'tirades' for the boo-boys. The only evidence we have is that '...100 tickets were returned and were made available for resale at Burton'. Not '100 tickets were not taken up for corporate hospitality'. Based with the available evidence, I came to the inevitable conclusion

I inferred that in the absence of any other evidence one way or the other, the solution was more likely to be that 100 people returned - or didn't bother to turn up to collect - their tickets as opposed to some fanciful possibility that the club had decided to sell 150 corporate tickets yet only managed to sell 50 (this was where 'probably' came into the equation).

'Probably' is synonymous with 'almost certainly' - I gave the other butt-hurt poster the benefit of a little bit of the doubt that his use of 'probably' equated to 'greater than 50%' - whereas we all know (except you, apparently) that 'probably' really means something far more certain than that.

If the evidence available is correct, and I have no reason to doubt that at the moment, then 100 or so 'away supporters' had more pressing engagements on Friday night. More than 6% of ticket sales. If the evidence available is not correct, then I will pour scorn upon the club. However, there is no evdence to suppose that the club 'held back' 150 tickets for corporate hospitality.

Well I think the likelihood of the club saving the tickets for the corporate rip off is more likely to be the answer. After it was announced that the Derby tickets had sold out the club were offering the corporate rip off for £92. Obviously many like minded people decided that £92 was a little bit expensive and dI'd take up the offer. Thus leaving 100 tickets. I could be wrong but it seems more realistic than 100 people all turning up at the last minute and saying I want my money back we're crap.

11 hours ago, eddie said:

How on earth could this be the fault of the club?

This is the fault of 100 'fans' who parted with £35 or so for the privilege of having first dibs at Forest and Burton tckets, paid for said Burton tickets then couldn't be bothered to make the effort to go to the game and returned them at the last minute or just didn't bother to turn up to collect them - presumably because we had been pants in the previous games.

If I had paid for a ticket, then I would most definitely expect the club to retain said tickets until I chose to collect them. Of course, being a decent person, if I decided that I couldn't go, then I would make sure that the club was aware of the fact and could then sell them on to someone who could go.

The fault most definitely lies with the 100 or so privileged, self-entitled fair-weather away member half-fans who suddenly had to wash their hair that night.

Er,well if you really believe what you say then maybe you'd ask how it is that the club gave those people the opportunity to buy tickets in the first place?

You've got people who went to Preston on a Tuesday night and who are planning their mid week trip to Cardiff who didn't even get the chance to buy a Burton ticket. Yet the club seems to have done the impossible- have some extremely sought after tickets and then have a ticket priority scheme which managed to find 100 Derby fans who found something better to do than go to a -possibly- once in a lifetime away game at Burton...despite having paid for the ticket.

6 hours ago, Gritters said:

Well I think the likelihood of the club saving the tickets for the corporate rip off is more likely to be the answer. After it was announced that the Derby tickets had sold out the club were offering the corporate rip off for £92. Obviously many like minded people decided that £92 was a little bit expensive and dI'd take up the offer. Thus leaving 100 tickets. I could be wrong but it seems more realistic than 100 people all turning up at the last minute and saying I want my money back we're crap.

I remember the 1st year Forest cut the away allocation to around 2050- 2013/14? The day Clough got sacked. Ticket priority for that was away members then a free for all for ALL 20,000+ season ticket holders. People were queuing up from 6am for tickets, and were on the phone all day with no chance of getting through. The tickets sold out in no time. We were told time and time again there was no tickets available. Yet when Forest announced the away following it was only 1950, 100 short. Forest took the p*** big time....we'd been moaning about the reduced allocation and then didn't even sell it out. Other clubs, Leeds, Wednesday etc went there that season and all had 2050 there. To this day I have never heard of anyone who returned their ticket for that game.Where people had queued up for hours to get their ticket I would have thought it unlikely.

Once again that was a game where a corporate package was available- breakfast at Pride Park, luxury coach, match ticket. No idea how successful that venture was but 100 tickets went unused and no one really knows why....

20 minutes ago, columbo terrace said:

Er,well if you really believe what you say then maybe you'd ask how it is that the club gave those people the opportunity to buy tickets in the first place?

You've got people who went to Preston on a Tuesday night and who are planning their mid week trip to Cardiff who didn't even get the chance to buy a Burton ticket. Yet the club seems to have done the impossible- have some extremely sought after tickets and then have a ticket priority scheme which managed to find 100 Derby fans who found something better to do than go to a -possibly- once in a lifetime away game at Burton...despite having paid for the ticket.

Sorry, but not a word you say makes any sense. Take the tinfoil off and try again.

I have never ever ever been unsuccessful in getting a ticket for any game of football that I have ever wanted to go to. Including Derby marching all around the top flight with a decent away following to going to massive England games including World Cups.

It is a total myth that "I didn't go because I couldn't get a ticket" if you really want a ticket then you will get one. 

13 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I have never ever ever been unsuccessful in getting a ticket for any game of football that I have ever wanted to go to. Including Derby marching all around the top flight with a decent away following to going to massive England games including World Cups.

It is a total myth that "I didn't go because I couldn't get a ticket" if you really want a ticket then you will get one. 

I didn't go to the city ground because due to circumstances I could not get a ticket I could not queue at the ground due to having a job. A job that means I also couldn't ring or go on the website.

I could not afford or justify paying for the corporate prices.

I could not get a ticket.

51 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You actually wanted to go to England games during the World Cup? :p

16 hours ago, davenportram said:

I didn't go to the city ground because due to circumstances I could not get a ticket I could not queue at the ground due to having a job. A job that means I also couldn't ring or go on the website.

I could not afford or justify paying for the corporate prices.

I could not get a ticket.

You could have bought a ticket in the home end, you can afford anything you want if you want it enough.

20 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Largely true, BUT.

I went down to the ticket office at about 5 o'clock, just before closing once the details of these extra tickets started to emerge, got to the ticket office and was refused sale as wasn't a member (Crawley away on a Monday night on Sky doesn't count under our "loyalty" scheme). So no, despite having approximately 100 tickets left just a couple of hours before kick off with no one else in sight, the tickets were not made available. You could not buy one.

3 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Largely true, BUT.

I went down to the ticket office at about 5 o'clock, just before closing once the details of these extra tickets started to emerge, got to the ticket office and was refused sale as wasn't a member (Crawley away on a Monday night on Sky doesn't count under our "loyalty" scheme). So no, despite having approximately 100 tickets left just a couple of hours before kick off with no one else in sight, the tickets were not made available. You could not buy one.

It's stupid that tickets were left unsold.

I think the members scheme should be scrapped (it won't be though because it makes the club money).

A points based system would be a lot fairer.

On 8/30/2016 at 00:09, eddie said:

Take the tinfoil off and try again.

If you want to accuse someone of not making sense it's probably not a good idea to use a sentence like that....

I'll keep it simple. The away membership scheme means that a ST holder who may not have been to an away game in their life can get a ticket for a game like this if they give the club £39.

You are apparently certain that the 100 unused tickets are the result of away members not turning up and then you slag them in your customary fashion. I have no idea if that is what actually happened but if you are correct then you can hardly say it's got nothing to do with the club. I simply suggested that it's the club which is more than happy to sell tickets to people without checking for previous away games attended, loyalty points etc...the sort of thing that happens at most other clubs. 

5 hours ago, columbo terrace said:

If you want to accuse someone of not making sense it's probably not a good idea to use a sentence like that....

I'll keep it simple. The away membership scheme means that a ST holder who may not have been to an away game in their life can get a ticket for a game like this if they give the club £39.

You are apparently certain that the 100 unused tickets are the result of away members not turning up and then you slag them in your customary fashion. I have no idea if that is what actually happened but if you are correct then you can hardly say it's got nothing to do with the club. I simply suggested that it's the club which is more than happy to sell tickets to people without checking for previous away games attended, loyalty points etc...the sort of thing that happens at most other clubs. 

I am fully aware what the away membership scheme is. I am also fully aware that I did not slag off away members in general - only those who returned or didn't collect their Burton ticket if the statement from the club is believed.

You suggested nothing - you said 'probably', whereas a suggestion is a 'possible' at best. I'm not certain one way or the other, just suggesting which is the likeliest scenario given the evidence on offer (i.e. the club said that they were 'returns').

You basically called the club out for telling porkies, and now you have changed your own story by saying that you suggested the club use a loyalty point scheme, whereas you never mentioned that in your original rant.

17 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Largely true, BUT.

But there were plenty of tickets left in the home end....and lots of corporate tickets available too. 

Like is said, anything is affordable if you want it enough. 

17 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Largely true, BUT.

The club were therefore happy to send the 100 tickets to Burton to sell them to whoever they liked but our ticket office turned away a genuine Derby fan stood there in front of them....

12 hours ago, eddie said:

I am fully aware what the away membership scheme is. I am also fully aware that I did not slag off away members in general - only those who returned or didn't collect their Burton ticket if the statement from the club is believed.

You suggested nothing - you said 'probably', whereas a suggestion is a 'possible' at best. I'm not certain one way or the other, just suggesting which is the likeliest scenario given the evidence on offer (i.e. the club said that they were 'returns').

You basically called the club out for telling porkies, and now you have changed your own story by saying that you suggested the club use a loyalty point scheme, whereas you never mentioned that in your original rant.

Bit confused-I only used the word 'probably' to say we all thought we'd 'probably' never see us play a League game at Burton and that those that didn't get tickets out were 'probably' lucky to miss such a dire performance.

I have not accused the club of lying, I've just criticized the ticket priority scheme. When I did so I presumed that everyone knows how it works- for top priority it's a case of 'we don't care if you've been to 5,10,15,20,whatever, away games-have you got £39?'....which obviously I feel doesn't always reward the most loyal fans. 

We had 1600 tickets for Burton and thousands of fans desperate to get hold of them.Yet we allocate the tickets in such a way that we give over a hundred to people who apparently didn't really want them. There has to be something wrong there surely...

Archived