Burton End

dcfcgodd

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will be the £100 corporate ones. Burger at Igors, coach and match ticket.

Meanwhile, some of us that went to over 15 away games last season but weren't prepared to pay £39 for an away membership had to stay at home. 

Shame on DCFC.

On 22 August 2016 at 11:18, B4ev6is said:

I would say at 4k in home ends easly no doubt about it.

Made an awful lot of noise those 4 thousand Derby fans in the 'home' area, also managed to get quite a bit of yellow on.

15 minutes ago, Funky said:

Made an awful lot of noise those 4 thousand Derby fans in the 'home' area, also managed to get quite a bit of yellow on.

Few of my mates were in the burton end last night. They couldn't believe how nasty the atmosphere was. Said there was loads of derby all over the ground but they didn't dare show themselves. I didn't think it was like that at burton.  

There was a row of four empty seats behind us so not just the corporate ones. Also spoke to someone at ground who had got a ticket because he was on the waiting list but his mate didn't.

These must have been very late returns by the fans for them not to be re-allocated by dcfc.

On 8/26/2016 at 22:37, DenbyRam said:

They will be the £100 corporate ones. Burger at Igors, coach and match ticket.

Meanwhile, some of us that went to over 15 away games last season but weren't prepared to pay £39 for an away membership had to stay at home. 

Shame on DCFC.

Shame is one word.....I can think of a few others.

Like you I did 18 away games last season on top of my ST and didn't even get a chance to buy a ticket. I was gutted to miss out and so were plenty others I know.

If there had been unlimited tickets available for this game how many do you think we could have taken? We had nearly 4000 at Barnsley, somewhere we've been loads of times, and it was 28quid a ticket. Burton's a local derby, a game most of us thought we'd probably never see, and only 20quid to stand on a terrace. I'd have thought we could have shifted 5000 tickets, maybe even double that. 

Fact is, the ground barely holds 6000, tickets were extremely limited and all the club had to do was have a system in place to make sure the 1600 tickets went to Derby fans who really wanted them. To send over 100 back is shocking. For a game like this you might expect a handful of returns, but over 100?

Unless anyone has seen any different the word out of the club for over 2 weeks up to the day of the game was 'it's a sell out,do not travel.' It was only down to Burton Albion sending out a tweet a couple of hours that it became clear that some tickets were available on the night. I hope some fans managed to hear about that and got down there in time to get a ticket. Most wont have because if you want to hear about Derby County tickets for a Derby County match you'd expect to hear about it from er, Derby County.....not Burton.

Anyway, people are probably thinking if you missed this game you were probably lucky.....

22 minutes ago, columbo terrace said:

Fact is, the ground barely holds 6000, tickets were extremely limited and all the club had to do was have a system in place to make sure the 1600 tickets went to Derby fans who really wanted them. To send over 100 back is shocking. For a game like this you might expect a handful of returns, but over 100?

How on earth could this be the fault of the club?

This is the fault of 100 'fans' who parted with £35 or so for the privilege of having first dibs at Forest and Burton tckets, paid for said Burton tickets then couldn't be bothered to make the effort to go to the game and returned them at the last minute or just didn't bother to turn up to collect them - presumably because we had been pants in the previous games.

If I had paid for a ticket, then I would most definitely expect the club to retain said tickets until I chose to collect them. Of course, being a decent person, if I decided that I couldn't go, then I would make sure that the club was aware of the fact and could then sell them on to someone who could go.

The fault most definitely lies with the 100 or so privileged, self-entitled fair-weather away member half-fans who suddenly had to wash their hair that night.

11 minutes ago, eddie said:

How on earth could this be the fault of the club?

This is the fault of 100 'fans' who parted with £35 or so for the privilege of having first dibs at Forest and Burton tckets, paid for said Burton tickets then couldn't be bothered to make the effort to go to the game and returned them at the last minute or just didn't bother to turn up to collect them - presumably because we had been pants in the previous games.

If I had paid for a ticket, then I would most definitely expect the club to retain said tickets until I chose to collect them. Of course, being a decent person, if I decided that I couldn't go, then I would make sure that the club was aware of the fact and could then sell them on to someone who could go.

The fault most definitely lies with the 100 or so privileged, self-entitled fair-weather away member half-fans who suddenly had to wash their hair that night.

This is total guesswork on your part?! Does anyone know the reason they were returned?!

Calling other fans without any facts seems over the top. You seem to hate anyone criticising the team yet willing to jump on any fan who doesn't have the exact same mindset as yourself 

11 minutes ago, eddie said:

I can understand a dozen or so returns, people do have reasons for not being able to go, but 100? All in one go?

Come on, something fishy went on here. Probably, the club kept 150 or so  for a corporate jolly to make some money, didn't sell them all due to the rip off cost and then for whatever reason forgot about them, or didn't make them available to fans on the waiting list. 

1 minute ago, Rich3478 said:

This is total guesswork on your part?! Does anyone know the reason they were returned?!

Calling other fans without any facts seems over the top. You seem to hate anyone criticising the team yet willing to jump on any fan who doesn't have the exact same mindset as yourself 

No, I just hate you. It's entirely personal.

;)

1 minute ago, DenbyRam said:

I can understand a dozen or so returns, people do have reasons for not being able to go, but 100? All in one go?

Come on, something fishy went on here. Probably, the club kept 150 or so  for a corporate jolly to make some money, didn't sell them all due to the rip off cost and then for whatever reason forgot about them, or didn't make them available to fans on the waiting list. 

I agree, also fans not collecting tickets wouldn't be an issue would it?! They've already been paid for, not the clubs to return at that point so doubt that was an issue. The corporate deal seems the most likely cause to me, few takers as cost to Burton travel wise is minimal and a burger and a ticket not worth £100 is it.

So I'd be more inclined to blame the club than the fans, although doubt will know the reasons so is all conjecture

3 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

See below for an example of total guesswork.

2 minutes ago, DenbyRam said:

Which scenario is more likely to be total guesswork? 'Probably' implies that there is a greater than 50% chance of something happening. Therefore, there is a greater than 50% chance that you are accusing the club of under-the-counter shenannigans.

Just now, eddie said:

See below for an example of total guesswork.

Which scenario is more likely to be total guesswork? 'Probably' implies that there is a greater than 50% chance of something happening. Therefore, there is a greater than 50% chance that you are accusing the club of under-the-counter shenannigans.

Probably implies being not certain, not sure where you made such allowances in your vilification of fair weather half fans and other such nonsense insults 

4 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Probably implies being not certain, not sure where you made such allowances in your vilification of fair weather half fans and other such nonsense insults 

probably

ˈprɒbəbli/

adverb

adverb: probably

almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.

"she would probably never see him again"

synonyms:in all likelihood, in all probability, as likely as not, very likely, most likely, likely, as like as not, ten to one, the chances are, doubtless, no doubt, all things considered, taking all things into consideration, all things being equal, possibly, perhaps, maybe, it may be, presumably, on the face of it, apparently; More

archaiclike enough, belike

"I knew I would probably never see her again"

You are probably a simpleton.

Archived