Burton End

dcfcgodd

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 09:51, dcfcgodd said:

Just wondering how many Rams are going in the home end for the Burton game? I myself live in Burton and a lot of Derby fans that I speak to have tickets in the Burton end. 

In corporates with the prawn sandwich brigade, a few rows across from Ben. I've been warned to sit on my hands if we score.

On the other hand If Brewers score or win, I'll throw my prawn sandwich at Sam's bald bonce, cos everyone seems to need a scapegoat lately and he can be mine ;)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burton are selling up to 4 tickets per person in the home end on general sale to anyone who wants them. I know several Derby fans who have taken them up on this generous offer over the last two days. It could sell out yet.

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 15:12, David said:

And Robinson has said that empty seats against the Rams would be "extremely disappointing."

"We're wondering if people have assumed the game is sold out – but it is not," he said.

"If we can't sell out a Friday night match at home to Derby County I would be extremely disappointed

Clear case of  "your grounds to big for you, your grounds too big for you" !

Never mind though, i'm sure those that go regular, enjoy a game just as much as us Rams.

5 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Burton are selling up to 4 tickets per person in the home end on general sale to anyone who wants them. I know several Derby fans who have taken them up on this generous offer over the last two days. It could sell out yet.

What is lost on me is to why Burton put the Liverpool tickets on general sale, that is Joe Public queuing up from 8.30 on a Tuesday morning to ensure a sell out, and not for ourselves or indeed for the previous match v Bristol City.

With the exception of ourselves they will struggle to have any sell outs for the remainder of the season if they continue with this policy. They have short of 2K ST holders so it’s not going to happen.

Anyway I’m in the home end along with a few more fellow Ram supporting mates but have a gut feeling we are going to get turned over.

They're getting about what, 3k home fans? Plus some occasional who are are likely to have been to the odd Derby game at some point. I reckon it'll be 50:50.

I think you're missing something here. No one that I've seen have commented that actually, there are a very large amount of Burton fans (maybe as much as 50%) that also support Derby County. I know quite a few folks that have season tickets for Derby and Burton, and a lot more that watch Burton, and go to some Derby games.

Personally, I'm just a Burton fan, though I did go to a few games at Derby last season, including your play off semi.

A relative of mine who is a big Derby fan commented, that going to Burton Albion games in the past, was just a hobby and a bit of fun....but now it's suddenly got serious...which is the best way to describe it.

The atmosphere in the Burton end (though hopefully not) might be a little flat also....with so many fans not really sure who they want to win...Burton because they need every point to stay up....or Derby as they need the points to reach the Prem.

Just one last point: if any of you happen to take the P## out of a burton fan in a burton shirt....consider this...they might also be Derby County season ticket holders.

2 minutes ago, Gazbrewer said:

Just one last point: if any of you happen to take the P## out of a burton fan in a burton shirt....consider this...they might also be Derby County season ticket holders.

That honestly won't stop them, in fact it may encourage more piss taking, Derby fans don't get along with each other at the best of times :lol:

The situation is completely unique in english football....i mean, you have your main team that you support, and then maybe a local non-league side you go to when your team is playing miles away. The rise and rise of Burton has completely F# this up :D

5 minutes ago, Gazbrewer said:

The situation is completely unique in english football....i mean, you have your main team that you support, and then maybe a local non-league side you go to when your team is playing miles away. The rise and rise of Burton has completely F# this up :D

Yeah..... You lot should be ashamed of yourselves !! I blame Roy Mac!

Archived