Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

9 minutes ago, dan sw said:

Im a wednesday fan .dint get me wrong ff is a class act but do ya really want a player with attitude he has shown re fusing to play as far as i concerned derby can have him 

To be honest Dan mate, we're just in need of players who would fit Pearson's preferred system and because we've only got a couple of weeks left in the window, I don't think we can be too picky. Antonio went on strike last summer when Forest rejected bids from us and Boro and I still would have taken him. When it's one of the best players in the league it's hard to turn him down regardless of how he acts.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cam the Ram said:

To be honest Dan mate, we're just in need of players who would fit Pearson's preferred system and because we've only got a couple of weeks left in the window, I don't think we can be too picky. Antonio went on strike last summer when Forest rejected bids from us and Boro and I still would have taken him. When it's one of the best players in the league it's hard to turn him down regardless of how he acts.

Can see ya point mate prob get a season or 2 out of him . Heard today swansea also in for him . Dont know how true it is

5 minutes ago, dan sw said:

Can see ya point mate prob get a season or 2 out of him . Heard today swansea also in for him . Dont know how true it is

If your manager and chairman do decide it's got to the point you have to sell him, I reckon you'll try and tout him to lower Premier League clubs so he doesn't join a rival, probably for even less than us/Newcastle would pay. I'm just happy that it shows Pearson has money to spend because a few Derby fans had commented that we were close to the FFP limit, so it's nice to know that we're not.

2 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Anyone considered the possibility Derby might have engineered this?

We got Thorne after he did that interview with a paper saying he wanted to leave. I reckon we told him to do it and possibly even set it up.

Perhaps it's another tactic to force a player over to us.

I've been thinking about this, all the evil pictures have kept this idea in the forefront of my mind.

I feel like similar has happened with Shackell and Albentosa as well.

Ince had a release clause so its harder to say but there was also a notion of it.

Maybe we are causing these rifts intentionally!

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

If your manager and chairman do decide it's got to the point you have to sell him, I reckon you'll try and tout him to lower Premier League clubs so he doesn't join a rival, probably for even less than us/Newcastle would pay. I'm just happy that it shows Pearson has money to spend because a few Derby fans had commented that we were close to the FFP limit, so it's nice to know that we're not.

I'd expect if we were to make a signing say above £6m on one particular player, one will probably have to leave to at least recoup some of that back. Martin and Hendrick are the two obvious candidates.

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'd expect if we were to make a signing say above £6m on one particular player, one will probably have to leave to at least recoup some of that back. Martin and Hendrick are the two obvious candidates.

Ah well........que sera sera

6 hours ago, dan sw said:

Im a wednesday fan .dint get me wrong ff is a class act but do ya really want a player with attitude he has shown re fusing to play as far as i concerned derby can have him 

Don't really get all this negative attitude towards him tbh, not just from what you have said but also from a few of our supporters.

You go to work to get paid, If you want a pay rise at work and your bosses say no you threaten them with strike action.

Doctors do it, teachers do it, the police and fire service do it. Why should footballers be any different.

It's their job!!, to us it's a hobby.

7 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

If I was a mod I would be worried if Ed Dawes whoever he is, saw this libellous comment

They monitor stuff but for the most part people are just running with the gimp comment by quoting and posting clips from films. Not seen as directly abusing Dawes.

Having said that, I agree with you that we shouldn't be using any derogatory terms towards a fellow Derby fan, especially one who just tried to tweet some info. If Mackworth doesn't agree, that's fine.

21 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Don't really get all this negative attitude towards him tbh, not just from what you have said but also from a few of our supporters.

You go to work to get paid, If you want a pay rise at work and your bosses say no you threaten them with strike action.

Doctors do it, teachers do it, the police and fire service do it. Why should footballers be any different.

Surely you can see the difference between the jobs that you mention and a professional footballer

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

I disagree can you imagine If Hughes or Martin refused to play because they wanted a move. He should play for the Owls end of.

9 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

Newcastles spending absolutely dwarves our spending last summer, they spent 60m in January don't forget, and their spending last summer wasn't peanuts either.. They've spent a bomb this window as well. It's just getting ridiculous that a 2nd division club can be spending 100+m quid, it gives clubs like burton zero chance ffs.

They sold well, so it evens its self up

Archived