Ian holloway predictions

simsdcfc

There is no way Leeds will be top six, they simply don't have the players capable of making top six.

Also there is no way Brentford will be as low as that, they've got the nucleus of a good team and their scouting network, while controversial and often criticised, has produced really good results.

I can see Villa dropping into midtable. Wolves will be an unknown this season. 

Huddersfield. I just don't rate them at all. Feel they ship far too many goals, and I'm not sure why people are suggesting they could be a darkhorse. Because of David Wagner?  If anything they've become worse under him.

Wigan will be another unpredictable one. Could surprise a few.

Think Newcastle and Norwich are nailed on for top two.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, philmycock said:

Don't get yer knickers in a twist, Brighton will lose their first game on Saturday, I'm thinking mid-table for the Albion, I think the mighty Rams will be 5th or 6th. Braveheart ;)

I also think Brighton will lose to us on Saturday. As I've already said on this forum I think we are playing them at a very good time this season. As last season when we met them at the iPro in December they were on the back of a 20 game unbeaten run from the start of the season, & we all know how important momentum is. I still think they'll be right up there come next May though.

Just now, Papahet said:

Reckon it'll be something like

1) Newcastle

2) Norwich

3) Villa

4) Brighton

5) Weds

6) Us or Bristol.

There's no way Villa will finish outside the top 6 , especially with Mccormack incoming.

Why? Fulham have had McCormack for the last couple of years and have lost plenty of games because they're leakier than a sieve and would consistently concede as soon as Scott Parker got tired.

Villa haven't exactly sorted their defence (with Ciaran Clark possibly off to Newcastle) or midfield out, and all the players who couldn't care less last season appear to still be there...

On the another hand.

• Villa (like ourselves) have got pretty much the same squad as last season's. A pre season together might just kick them into gear.
  • Brought in a new manager (again, like ourselves) who might just get the best out of his players and change their mentality into a winning one.
  • Mccormack, Gestede, Kozak and Ayew upfront is hardly a mid- bottom half strike force. Whereas Tommy Elphick will only improve the defence. Veretout, Okore, Grealish, Sanchez and Bacuna are also player's who should thrive in this division.
  • They'll improve the squad by the end of the window.

Can't believe people think they'll struggle. Massive club and now with a wealthy owner who should have no problem attracting good player's.

Just now, Papahet said:

On the another hand.

• Villa (like ourselves) have got pretty much the same squad as last season's. A pre season together might just kick them into gear.
  • Brought in a new manager (again, like ourselves) who might just get the best out of his players and change their mentality into a winning one.
  • Mccormack, Gestede, Kozak and Ayew upfront is hardly a mid- bottom half strike force. Whereas Tommy Elphick will only improve the defence. Veretout, Okore, Grealish, Sanchez and Bacuna are also player's who should thrive in this division.
  • They'll improve the squad by the end of the window.

Can't believe people think they'll struggle. Massive club and now with a wealthy owner who should have no problem attracting good player's.

It's a good strikeforce, I'll give you that - but they'll struggle to get the most out of all three (see Bent/Martin/Ince/Russell/Weimann etc last season!) and I think the rest seems like it hinges on their management dramatically overhauling a rotten heart over the course of the summer. Which definitely could happen... I just don't think it will.

On 3 August 2016 at 09:42, Papahet said:

Reckon it'll be something like

1) Newcastle

2) Norwich

3) Villa

4) Brighton

5) Weds

6) Us or Bristol.

There's no way Villa will finish outside the top 6 , especially with Mccormack incoming.

Don't be silly we are nailed on for top 6 

pearson will be the guy to take us up automatically 

we need probably 10-12 points more for that to happen n with him in charge it will happen 

im sure of it 

25 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He is a clown, he said before game tonight that Ross Mccormack can play with Messi and Ronaldo because he has a brilliant brain.

I think he was more on about being on that sort of wave-length intelligence wise, to be fair

9 hours ago, cannable said:

I think he was more on about being on that sort of wave-length intelligence wise, to be fair

Even so, Mccormack is a championship player for a reason. Ronaldo gets frustrated with Bale sometimes for not being on the same wavelength as he is lol

Archived