Ian holloway predictions

simsdcfc

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks pretty spot on - i agree Leeds could sneak in as a wildcard in 6th - and I don't rate Villa at all  - i don't think they will go down  - but no way see them as top 6

think Wednesday could slide into number 2 slot (rather than Brighton)

Its gonna be an interesting season......

He's got us down as 4th...probably fair shout!

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Saw it but stopped reading when the first sentence mentions Newcastle's fan base. 

Unless they play the 4-4-50,000 formation then I don't think it means owt

Still damn impressive, gotta respect a club that gets awesome support in bad times as well as good, unless you like empty stadia 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Saw it but stopped reading when the first sentence mentions Newcastle's fan base. 

Unless they play the 4-4-50,000 formation then I don't think it means owt

Also their loyal fan base is a bit of a myth. Going back to when they appointed keegan in the old second division im sure they averaged 13,000ish 

might he wrong but im convinced all this 'we get 50k in the second teir' isn't legitimate 

no doubt they are the only club in the city and have a big fan base but they're not as loyal as they think. Plus they choose what they want to remember the way they treated a tue gent like bobby robson was a disgrace forcing him out. They deserve all they get in my opinion 

It's an overall solid prediction but there's a few I disagree with. 

I think Wolves will finish higher than 11th, Blackburn will go down and I don't think Brentford and Huddersfield will finish 22nd and 23rd respectively (I can see Huddersfield actually doing quite well).

11 hours ago, philmycock said:

I don't think Brighton will get anywhere near top, think they missed their big chance last season. Not saying we will either mind. I think we may disappoint a tad this season, especially if Pearson decides Bent is his star striker.

A very brave statement saying a team that's very much unchanged & only lost 5 games out of 46 last season will not get anywhere near top ?. But what do I know.

brighton will do ok, as will derby. Only a fool wouldnt have last years play off teams and the top 2/3 of the relegated premier teams in their top 6.

but my issue with clueless Holloway is the rest of his predictions.

Huddersfield to finish 2nd bottom???? i think they will surprise a few this season and will be top half.

No way will Wigan finish as low as he has predicted either.

I think his top 6 looks relatively realistic, although Leeds still have a rotten heart so won't make the Top 6. I think Brighton are high at 2, but I'd probably only swap them with Norwich.

His straggler picks look a bit odd to me though, I don't think Brentford will be anywhere near the bottom 3 and Barnsley look higher than I'd expect, in fact I'd peg them to be relegated. His thinking on Brentford is rubbish imo, as they seem to recruit calmly and with little excitement, which is generally enough to keep you up in this league.

Reckon Wolves will struggle as well. New manager brought in at the last minute, new players being shipped in wholesale and upsetting the applecart (some of whom probably won't speak English, with little infrastructure at the club to cope/adjust with that). No emergency loans either so I suspect they'll be left with a dysfunctional team come kick-off.

11 hours ago, TETRA said:

A very brave statement saying a team that's very much unchanged & only lost 5 games out of 46 last season will not get anywhere near top ?. But what do I know.

Don't get yer knickers in a twist, Brighton will lose their first game on Saturday, I'm thinking mid-table for the Albion, I think the mighty Rams will be 5th or 6th. Braveheart ;)

8 minutes ago, RaphaRam said:

Hate stuff like this, how the **** can you predict 24 places?

Very easily, getting it right is the hard part.

Archived