The Prem... ??

nfb

28 minutes ago, eddie said:

Which brings us back to the Breakfast Club, and why Mel was so keen to explain what he meant by "The Derby Way" - his template for success.

Promotion isn't a target in itself - it's a inevitable consequence of attaining the targets.

I always got what he was driving at and didn't sign up to the "Mel doesn't want promotion " brigade.

For once I think I was in a silent majority ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

The thing is if you are not going forwards you are going backwards.

[X]

Get your slippers on in the Championship and suddenly you will be adrift.

"Ipswich", the word you were looking for is "Ipswich" ;)

20 hours ago, curtains said:

I'm basing this on the quality of the opposition teams we will face .

I don't see us improving enough with just a manager change to get top 2 and then win the playoffs if we get top 6. 

I think Newcastle and Norwich will finish top 2 

Norwich won't finish top 2 if they defend like this. Absolutely shocking defending from both teams for all 5 goals.

15 hours ago, eddie said:

Which brings us back to the Breakfast Club, and why Mel was so keen to explain what he meant by "The Derby Way" - his template for success.

Promotion isn't a target in itself - it's a inevitable consequence of attaining the targets.

Like look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves....??

This current crop of mainly "bottlers" are not fit to lace the boots of the late 60s and early 70s title-winning teams (McFarland, Gemmill, Lee, George, Hector, Hinton, Mackay, Nish, Newton, Todd, Hennessey, Durban, Webster, Green, Boulton etc........).

6 hours ago, Grantona said:

This current crop of mainly "bottlers" are not fit to lace the boots of the late 60s and early 70s title-winning teams (McFarland, Gemmill, Lee, George, Hector, Hinton, Mackay, Nish, Newton, Todd, Hennessey, Durban, Webster, Green, Boulton etc........).

George I'm afraid joined after our titles  (summer 1975) and I have a feeling that the same might be true of franny Lee. 

But I get the sentiment. 

Ps you missed st bruce rioch of the thunderbolt. 

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

George I'm afraid joined after our titles  (summer 1975) and I have a feeling that the same might be true of franny Lee. 

But I get the sentiment. 

Ps you missed st bruce rioch of the thunderbolt. 

Lee was a Ram for the second title :D

21 hours ago, Grantona said:

To be fair those players you mention are A listers, where as we only have B listers here whilst we are in the championship.

22 hours ago, SKRam said:

Lee was a Ram for the second title :D

I went to my first few games in our second championship season and he wasn't in the team on those occasions. 

I do have memories of Lee from the next season - notably against leeds and watching the highlights of our 6-2 at Ipswich on the final day.

So I checked and you are correct sir. I didn't realise he only made 62 appearances for us. 

Archived