Player fitness

Boss

Looking through some of the photos from the players arriving last Monday and training out in Portugal the last few days, the players are looking in great shape. Bradley Johnson and Martin in particular seemed to have slimmed right down. I read from somebody on here that a few of them had been running most days down at Shobnall. Great commitment. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already posted on another thread but we were told on our training centre tour that every player reported back to Moor Farm at or below the target weight they were set before the break. Apparently not so the previous season.

Also there were some pretty impressive stats on the watt bike sessions undertaken in training. They were grouped into teams of three so looked like there is a competitive element to encourage them to keep going.

Martin, Weimann and Butterfield were top of the list I saw, which was for 12th July.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I already posted on another thread but we were told on our training centre tour that every player reported back to Moor Farm at or below the target weight they were set before the break. Apparently not so the previous season.

Also there were some pretty impressive stats on the watt bike sessions undertaken in training. They were grouped into teams of three so looked like there is a competitive element to encourage them to keep going.

Martin, Weimann and Butterfield were top of the list I saw, which was for 12th July.

Buckos team are last because he decided to eat the bike! ? To the dismay of his team mates

4 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Two players have said in interviews they are way fitter than this time last year. I'm liking what I'm seeing, tight knit group all looking in great shape.

Did the players give any indication why that was the case? Is it self improvement on their part or attributed to the new regime?

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Did the players give any indication why that was the case? Is it self improvement on their part or attributed to the new regime?

The optimist in me would like to think the players have turned the disappointment from the end of last season into 'drive' and desire to do it this time. 

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Buckos team are last because he decided to eat the bike! ? To the dismay of his team mates

Bucko's been watching Le Tour, and ran on a treadmill while carrying the bike.

32 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Maybe they are a little bit scared of Pearson? Which is good, I think.

Looking at the pics Pearson seems to spend a lot of one on one time with players, even hugging Ince giving him a pep talk in one photo. Just looks good right now, quite impressed with Pearson. Players look really focused in the vids.

11 hours ago, Boss said:

Looking through some of the photos from the players arriving last Monday and training out in Portugal the last few days, the players are looking in great shape. Bradley Johnson and Martin in particular seemed to have slimmed right down. I read from somebody on here that a few of them had been running most days down at Shobnall. Great commitment. 

Yep that was my kid, he was well impressed with them.

Archived