Player valuation

Rample

With recent talk of selling prize assets and lowballing from Burnley over Jeff I thought I'd gauge opinion on what we think our players are worth.

I'll take a stab to get the ball rolling:-

Grant - £100k

Christie - £3m

Forsyth - £2.5m

Bryson - £1.5m

Buxton - £250k 

Keogh - £4m

Hendrick - £8m

Martin - £5m

Bent - £500k

Russell - £2m

Baird - Nominal/Free

Shackell - £3m

Johnson - £5m

Pearce - £750k

Carson £1.5m

Butterfield - £4m

Hughes - £14m

Camara - £1m

Roos - £250k

Blackman - £2.5m

Ince - £5m

Weimann- £1.5m

Hanson - £4m

Olsson - £1.5m

Thorne £5m

Mitchell - £750k

Bennett - £250k

Rawson - £500k

Will tally everything up for average figures in a few days.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Only going to have a punt at the players with any significant value 

Jeff - 6.5m

Ince - 3m

Christie - 2.5m

Keogh - 2m

Martin - 7m

Russell - 2m

Thorne - 6m

Hughes - 18m

If Blackburn are chucking out offers of £3.5m for Hanley then how is Keogh only £2m?

I'm not going to put prices next to players because I don't know and I don't think it's all that helpful for a lot of people who actually have no idea to try and come to a consensus :lol:

I will say as a critique of what you've put forward is you need to look more closely at your valuations of one player compared to another. For example, I would expect Martin to be worth more than Johnson, and Butterfield is worth more than Hanson. 

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Age, although he's not worth that either

Not saying he is worth that, but seems to be a theme of everyone consistently valuing our players like it's still 2009.

I've just valued the players who I think are worth a decent amount (£1m +).

Christie - £2.5m - Young and getting better every season. I'd value him at £6-7m if he didn't have just 1 year left on his contract because he's 1 of the best RBs in England outside of the Prem.

Forsyth - £2m - 1 of the better LBs in the league but had that bad injury.

Bryson - £2m - 30 in a few months and hasn't got back to the same level as the 2013/14 season.

Keogh - £3m - POTY and looks to have cemented his place in Ireland's first 11. Would have valued him higher had he not got just 1 year left on his contract.

Hendrick - £8m - The Euro's performances boosted it quite a bit and he's still only 24.

Martin - £10m - You valued Martin way, way too low @Rample. Championship strikers who've had 1 good season are fetching near £10m so Martin who's had 3 back to back should fetch that much at least as well.

Russell - £6m - 10 goals and 8 assists last season. Matt Phillips went for £5.5m and Russell has outperformed him for a year or 2 now.

Shackell - £2m - Still a quality CB but age isn't on his side.

Johnson - £4m - Nearly 30, had a couple of injuries last season and didn't perform to his 2014/15 level.

Carson £3m - Still a top Championship keeper and has plenty of years left in him.

Butterfield - £4m - Had a decent season so doubt his value has changed much.

Hughes - £20m - If Keane is worth £20m, we should really be asking for £30m+ for Hughes .... but I didn't want to be too biased. :whistle:

Blackman - £1m - We overpaid for him off the back of 6 months of form. 

Ince - £8m - Still fairly young and is 1 of the top scoring wingers outside of the Prem in the past 2 seasons (despite only playing half the season in 2014/15).

Weimann- £2m - Didn't have the best debut season for us but still a decent player.

Hanson - £2m - Looks to have a bright future but hasn't done enough to warrant a really large value.

Olsson - £2m - Similar to Forsyth, 1 of the better LBs outside the Prem.

Thorne £4m - Incredible player but injuries are keeping his value down, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Only going to have a punt at the players with any significant value 

Jeff - 6.5m

Ince - 3m

Christie - 2.5m

Keogh - 2m

Martin - 7m

Russell - 2m

Thorne - 6m

Hughes - 18m

So you rate Shackell at less than £2 million just a year after he cost £3 million? I know he is nearly 33 but surely he has not depreciated that much?

And your valuation of Ince is a lot less than he cost.

19 minutes ago, Grantona said:

So you rate Shackell at less than £2 million just a year after he cost £3 million? I know he is nearly 33 but surely he has not depreciated that much?

And your valuation of Ince is a lot less than he cost.

No one would pay over 2m for Shackell now. Be realistic. And a lot? Not overly. We paid 3.5m for him guaranteed. Rest are add ons that we are yet to pay. 

26 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I've just valued the players who I think are worth a decent amount (£1m +).

Christie - £2.5m - Young and getting better every season. I'd value him at £6-7m if he didn't have just 1 year left on his contract because he's 1 of the best RBs in England outside of the Prem.

Forsyth - £2m - 1 of the better LBs in the league but had that bad injury.

Bryson - £2m - 30 in a few months and hasn't got back to the same level as the 2013/14 season.

Keogh - £3m - POTY and looks to have cemented his place in Ireland's first 11. Would have valued him higher had he not got just 1 year left on his contract.

Hendrick - £8m - The Euro's performances boosted it quite a bit and he's still only 24.

Martin - £10m - You valued Martin way, way too low @Rample. Championship strikers who've had 1 good season are fetching near £10m so Martin who's had 3 back to back should fetch that much at least as well.

Russell - £6m - 10 goals and 8 assists last season. Matt Phillips went for £5.5m and Russell has outperformed him for a year or 2 now.

Shackell - £2m - Still a quality CB but age isn't on his side.

Johnson - £4m - Nearly 30, had a couple of injuries last season and didn't perform to his 2014/15 level.

Carson £3m - Still a top Championship keeper and has plenty of years left in him.

Butterfield - £4m - Had a decent season so doubt his value has changed much.

Hughes - £20m - If Keane is worth £20m, we should really be asking for £30m+ for Hughes .... but I didn't want to be too biased. :whistle:

Blackman - £1m - We overpaid for him off the back of 6 months of form. 

Ince - £8m - Still fairly young and is 1 of the top scoring wingers outside of the Prem in the past 2 seasons (despite only playing half the season in 2014/15).

Weimann- £2m - Didn't have the best debut season for us but still a decent player.

Hanson - £2m - Looks to have a bright future but hasn't done enough to warrant a really large value.

Olsson - £2m - Similar to Forsyth, 1 of the better LBs outside the Prem.

Thorne £4m - Incredible player but injuries are keeping his value down, unfortunately.

If Tom Ince is worth £8m , then we should cash in .

I struggle to see him as a regular first teamer. His form is inconsistent , easily knocked off the ball and goes into his shell very easy and sulks if having a poor game.

Needs to prove himself a lot more than he has to get anywhere near an £8m price tag.

Would like him to prove me wrong but based on his time at Derby since he signed on a permanent deal he has underperformed.

4 minutes ago, DeanYatesFarPost said:

I struggle to see him as a regular first teamer. His form is inconsistent , easily knocked off the ball and goes into his shell very easy and sulks if having a poor game.

Needs to prove himself a lot more than he has to get anywhere near an £8m price tag.

Would like him to prove me wrong but based on his time at Derby since he signed on a permanent deal he has underperformed.

Inconsistent, yes ... but under performed? I'd disagree. He's contributed to 20+ goals this season and has improved his defensive contribution massively, can't ask for much more from a winger.

Just now, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Hughes 25m
Martin 10m
Ince 10m
Hendrick 10m
Thorne 8m
Keogh 4m
Christie 4m

If clubs wanted any of these players, I'd be disappointed if we accepted anything less. 

Think on younger players like Hughes the difference would be made up in sell on and other clauses that get us additional payments. Can't see anyone just paying £25m for him in a one off fee. 

33 minutes ago, DeanYatesFarPost said:

Ince isn't inconsistent if you know how to use him right.

He needs freedom, but bar the odd game behind the striker he didn't get this under Clement. Clement totally misused him.

In his 1,490 minutes either behind the striker or post Clement he scored nine goals and created seven.

Give him freedom and he'll tear teams apart.

8 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Hughes 25m
Martin 10m
Ince 10m
Hendrick 10m
Thorne 8m
Keogh 4m
Christie 4m

If clubs wanted any of these players, I'd be disappointed if we accepted anything less. 

Crystal Meths?

Archived