DCFC Fans - Huh Podcast

Day

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for having me on.

In the qualifying group Iceland came second after Czech Republic, not Switzerland.  i was still a bit shell shocked from the France game when i blurted that out is all i can say.

by far the most interesting guest to feature on the pod so far! you guys should definitely do a follow-up/part-2 episode someday

Ramit's mention of the Derby fan group in Iceland reminded me of a great article that came out a few months before the Euros , about all the history that led up to Iceland developing successful players. And Derby is indeed given a mention! And Grimsby too!  :D

"There were no satellites, we were too far away to get transmission, we were isolated. We had to wait at first for films, then for videotapes. We had to wait for the plane to arrive. We took the film of Match of the Day, and had to show it a week later. We started with the English commentary, because we couldn’t take it out of the film soundtrack. But once we got tapes, it had a clean track and I commentated. It became very popular.”

As in England, [Liverpool and Man United] remain the best supported clubs, having struck big during television’s infancy. For this reason, Derby County and Leeds United are well represented in Iceland. Chelsea and Manchester City fans are also products of their time. It all bodes well for Leicester City.

Not that every fan in Iceland is seduced by glory. Palsson, for example, fell in love with Luton Town during their 1980s heyday. “They visited Iceland in the 1980s, when they were quite successful. As a result, there are probably a dozen Luton fans in Iceland. Most league clubs have a couple of Icelandic supporters: Grimsby, Huddersfield, Wycombe, you name it. After what happened to me and Luton, I worry for any young kid who picks Leicester right now.”

4 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

Excellent listen again guys. Really enjoyed listening to @ramit and his insight from afar. I'd also like to commend you on your English, @ramit. Some might say it is better than @Boycie's ;)?

Thank you kindly DerbyPride, glad you enjoyed it.  My 6 years in California didn't go to total waste then :)

On 7/4/2016 at 06:10, JaguarRam said:

Great podcast guys. Ramit you are brilliant sir! 

Ramit - Forum star of the Euros. 

News flash - Ramit to take a Viking River Cruise :D

News Flash Update - Ramit has no obvious plans to raid any villages on the Danube this time as it is only a recognisance trip on this occasion..:thumbsup:

57 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Ramit - Forum star of the Euros. 

News flash - Ramit to take a Viking River Cruise :D

News Flash Update - Ramit has no obvious plans to raid any villages on the Danube this time as it is only a recognisance trip on this occasion..:thumbsup:

Rampage.

i cordially invite you to join in a pod cast.

dus recon?

Archived