Rams squad back to training to be assessed by new manager yet again.

Curtains

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Ramos said:

12 months ago somewhere in leicester. "This squad is not good enough to win the premier league"

And who had Iceland and Wales down to go further than England and Spain

2 hours ago, David said:

Unbalanced for what formation as we're yet to see what Pearson has planned, that's actually the beauty of this squad, he's not walking into a situation where a set formation is in place as he has zero options.

Bent is still a goal scorer, 2 years younger than Ibrahimovic, age is no issue there.

Rawson has played at this level, we also have Pearce and Buxton as you say, both of which are experienced at this level.

Pearce wasn't in Clement's plans, that's not to say Pearson won't like him either.

We will see 1 or 2 come in without a doubt, there's no rush, could even wait till deadline day, no problem with that. 

Sit back and enjoy the Cricket :) 

Bent isn't Ibrahimovic 

3 hours ago, curtains said:

How long will it take Pearson and Powell to find out what us fans already know. 

Im sure Wassall will have his say along with Phillips etc. 

Mel Morris and Sam Rush will also have an input again I would imagine. 

Mel should should just take a lucky dip with the forum cos 'we already know'.

I'll put my hands up here: like every season, when it comes to Derby, I haven't got a bloody clue. I sometimes think I have but in reality I'm usually scratching my head win, lose or draw. We all have theories but really we don't actually know the specific details as to why we purr like a Rolls Royce one game and perform like a Reliant Robin the next.

That's football. The crowd is full of failed players, coaches and managers.

Mind you, on some days they're playing too  :whistle:

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

The last 3 managers  McClaren, Clement and Wassall hardly played Bent. 

For what reason do you reckon. 

McClaren played Bent when he came in as Martin was injured, scored 10 goals in 15 games, Martin then returned and was our first choice and we played with 1 striker for all 3 managers.

Because Bent wasn't playing regularly doesn't mean he is crap, just that he wasn't first choice.

Now say we stay with 4-3-3, replace Bent with another striker, chances are either Martin or the replacement won't play much. Again, that won't mean either are crap.

The best teams in the league are always the consistent ones, same team week in week out. Sadly that means some have to miss out.

Bent is a very good striker and option to have at this level, if he ran around like Tito Villa fans would love him more, that's not his game. Right place right time. Valuable player to have in the squad, not many have the luxury of a Darren Bent on the bench.

Wasnt that long ago we had the likes of Tyson, Maguire and Sammon. How fans expectations have changed massively.

A natural right winger would help with our flexibility of formation and maybe a German centre back but after that it's about the Boss weaving some magic with the talent we have. I am looking forward to some surprises .. Players lifted out of pigeon holes    by a master motivator. .. Well that's the plan anyway :lol:

20 hours ago, David said:

Bent is a very good striker and option to have at this level, if he ran around like Tito Villa fans would love him more

I would like him more if he wasn't offside so much

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

I would like him more if he wasn't offside so much

15/16 - 0.7 per game

14/15 - 0.6 per game

And just because I compared him to Ibrahimovic the other day in age....

15/16 - 1.6 per game

14/15 - 1.0 per game

So not only is he younger but offside less. 

Bent > Ibrahimovic

Source: whoscored.com

1 minute ago, David said:

15/16 - 0.7 per game

14/15 - 0.6 per game

15/16 - 1.6 per game

14/15 - 1.0 per game

Bent > Ibrahimovic

What about per minute? Think of all those games where he is on for 2-3 minutes and he doesn't get chance to be offside

Just now, rynny said:

What about per minute? Think of all those games where he is on for 2-3 minutes and he doesn't get chance to be offside

When there isn't a source for the stat make it up, most do anyway

4 minutes ago, David said:

15/16 - 0.7 per game

14/15 - 0.6 per game

15/16 - 1.6 per game

14/15 - 1.0 per game

Bent > Ibrahimovic

In league games Bent is offside every 34.5 minutes, Zlatan every 50.1 minutes :p

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 10:29, David said:

We can't compete with Newcastle, that's a given, that 2nd place is up for grabs and well within our reach.

Who says we can't compete with Newcastle????

Who says Newcastle can compete with the hard, fast, no space given on the field teams in this division?

I grant you that on paper Newcastle should do well, but definitely not a given.

The thing we have on our side is our players and management know the division well.

Archived