Rams squad back to training to be assessed by new manager yet again.

Curtains

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

How long will it take Pearson to find out what us fans already know. 

Experts, eh? Who needs them?

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

This squad is not good enough as it stands to get top 2 

Well I would disagree with that for a start, I believe we have the squad, a strong squad that wasn't used correctly and wasn't prepared for the big games which ultimately cost us.

We could start the season tomorrow and I would feel more than comfortable with the squad. 

Those £25m signings have had a full season together already, the understanding of how each player works will be there. No need to rock the boat again throwing in a load of fresh faces.

We can't compete with Newcastle, that's a given, that 2nd place is up for grabs and well within our reach.

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

How long will it take Pearson and Powell to find out what us fans already know. 

I'd imagine it won't take long for him to realise what the fans have known for ages.

It's been clear to us fans that Ince and Martin don't get along because they never celebrate together, so don't be surprised if one of them is sold by Tuesday.

Also I think Keogh will be stripped of the captaincy because we fans all know Keogh performs better without that pressure. Craig Bryson will be given the armband.

Won't take long for Pearson to come to the conclusion that Blackman should be given a chance in 'the position he's always played in' - as a striker. Same applies for Weimann.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Well I would disagree with that for a start, I believe we have the squad, a strong squad that wasn't used correctly and wasn't prepared for the big games which ultimately cost us.

We could start the season tomorrow and I would feel more than comfortable with the squad. 

Those £25m signings have had a full season together already, the understanding of how each player works will be there. No need to rock the boat again throwing in a load of fresh faces.

All about opinion but I think the squad is unbalanced in many ways. 

Too many midfielders and not enough decent Centre Forwards with an aging Darren Bent as the only back up and no back up at Centre Back apart from Buxton and an untested Rawson. 

Too many similar players like Russell,Blackman and Wiemann etc 

5 minutes ago, SIWY said:

It's been clear to us fans that Ince and Martin don't get along because they never celebrate together, so don't be surprised if one of them is sold by Tuesday.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Too many midfielders and not enough decent Centre Forwards with an aging Darren Bent as the only back up and no back up at Centre Back apart from Buxton and an untested Rawson. 

The entire bloody country's unbalanced, so they'll fit in fine.

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Unbalanced for what formation as we're yet to see what Pearson has planned, that's actually the beauty of this squad, he's not walking into a situation where a set formation is in place as he has zero options.

Bent is still a goal scorer, 2 years younger than Ibrahimovic, age is no issue there.

Rawson has played at this level, we also have Pearce and Buxton as you say, both of which are experienced at this level.

Pearce wasn't in Clement's plans, that's not to say Pearson won't like him either.

We will see 1 or 2 come in without a doubt, there's no rush, could even wait till deadline day, no problem with that. 

Sit back and enjoy the Cricket :) 

11 minutes ago, David said:

Unbalanced for what formation as we're yet to see what Pearson has planned, that's actually the beauty of this squad, he's not walking into a situation where a set formation is in place as he has zero options.

Bent is still a goal scorer, 2 years younger than Ibrahimovic, age is no issue there.

Rawson has played at this level, we also have Pearce and Buxton as you say, both of which are experienced at this level.

Pearce wasn't in Clement's plans, that's not to say Pearson won't like him either.

We will see 1 or 2 come in without a doubt, there's no rush, could even wait till deadline day, no problem with that. 

Sit back and enjoy the Cricket :) 

Good reply. 

Not trying to be deliberately controversial but just pointing things out that some may have not thought of regarding constant change at DCFC and thinking about merits of the current squad and new manager change etc 

Tennis and Formula 1 at the moment m8. 

Up the Rams. 

I do love them you know and just want the best for them at all times 

38 minutes ago, David said:

We can't compete with Newcastle, that's a given, that 2nd place is up for grabs and well within our reach.

Big club but champs elect??????

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

You do realise he's probably watched a number of our games last season right? Pretty sure he was in the crowd for some games.

Hope so .

I think Pearson and Powell will be good for DCFC 

They will need time though but who knows what can happen with a good start. 

Archived