Why will Pearson be the difference

Curtains

Last season was a failure. 

What needs to change from last season  

How can Pearson sort it out. 

Is playing staff status quo an option. 

Thomas,Koblenz,Calero and Shotton have gone but none were 1st team apart from Shotton 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer the question,i believe everything is being done,quality coaches and back room staff, excellent training facilities, great stadium,fantastic supporters, just the players letting us and themselves down.

Not sure what else can be done other than stick a rod of dynamite up half the players arses before the game,the iledged quality ,cost and wages for this squad warrants more than what we are recieving in terms of consistency and performance.

12 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

To answer the question,i believe everything is being done,quality coaches and back room staff, excellent training facilities, great stadium,fantastic supporters, just the players letting us and themselves down.

Not sure what else can be done other than stick a rod of dynamite up half the players arses before the game,the iledged quality ,cost and wages for this squad warrants more than what we are recieving in terms of consistency and performance.

Is it all about the players trying harder. 

Can Pearson get that out of them enough each week to get top 2 or are they just not good enough for that or just not good enough anyhow. They flatter to deceive a lot of the time. 

Fans also scapegoat certain  players.

Martin  can do no wrong though can he. 

I'm hoping Pearson manages to address the mentality of the squad more than anything else.

Three years of missing out on promotion has seriously messed up alot of those player's. A pattern start's to emerge from the start of the new year - we suddenly collapse or just can't keep the momentum going when it matter's. "Bottlers", but they are more than good enough to get in a automatic position to begin with.

Games at Forest last year, Leeds and the first leg against Hull - We just didn't show any fight, we should be going into those games guns blazing. Boro away is another one, we just seemed in awe of them for some reason.

Pearson's experience in getting promotion will be massive for us, he also come's across a good man manager and know's how to get his player's playing with confidence.

I think that Pearson will make a huge difference and he is exactly what we have needed.

He has this mental/scary thing going. Players wont be keen on going back int the dressing room at half time having played badly.He is also quite a shrewd, switched on sort of bloke who takes no crap.

Players are so rich these days i sometimes think that they are not that bothered - wonder if he throws teacups?

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Not your usual monologue .

I wonder if Pearson will get Martin to stand up and run faster 

You moan about fans picking on individuals

Then pick on an individual 

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You moan about fans picking on individuals

Then pick on an individual 

No I don't. 

I Just do not like favouritism .

All the players have a clean slate. 

Lets see how Pearson and Powell go. 

Its up to them. 

I believe Pearson will make a positive impact because of his style of management.

He doesn't need to make wholesale changes to find a winning team. It is about getting the team to believe in themselves. That coupled with having the skills and experience to pick the right team ,formation and knowing what tactics to use in a game.

The best example of this recently is the impact Eddie Jones has had as coach of England's Rugby team. 

Back in October they were a laughing stock having been bundled out of the Rugby World Cup – the first hosts to ever bow out of the sport’s showpiece event at the pool stage.

In contrast, Jones orchestrated the greatest upset in the history of the sport – Japan’s stunning victory over South Africa.

Just four months later England won the  Six Nations and won a test series in Australia 3-0.

This with the majority of the players that got stuffed in the World Cup.

If Pearson can replicate the impact he had at Leicester , then we are in for an enjoyable season.

8 minutes ago, DeanYatesFarPost said:

I believe Pearson will make a positive impact because of his style of management.

He doesn't need to make wholesale changes to find a winning team. It is about getting the team to believe in themselves. That coupled with having the skills and experience to pick the right team ,formation and knowing what tactics to use in a game.

The best example of this recently is the impact Eddie Jones has had as coach of England's Rugby team. 

Back in October they were a laughing stock having been bundled out of the Rugby World Cup – the first hosts to ever bow out of the sport’s showpiece event at the pool stage.

In contrast, Jones orchestrated the greatest upset in the history of the sport – Japan’s stunning victory over South Africa.

Just four months later England won the  Six Nations glory and won a test series in Australis 3-0.

This with the majority of the players that got stuffed in the World Cup.

If Pearson can replicate the impact he had at Leicester , then we are in for an enjoyable season.

England Rugby players already had the talent but have this group of Derby players.

Captain Keogh or Captain Hartley ! 

We will soon find out just how good our bunch of players are. 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

No I don't. 

I Just do not like favouritism .

All the players have a clean slate. 

Lets see how Pearson and Powell go. 

Its up to them. 

You just did by singling Martin out.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

England Rugby players already had the talent but have this group of Derby players.

Captain Keogh or Captain Hartley ! 

We will soon find out just how good our bunch of players are. 

Yes they do.  You don't finish 3rd, 8th (and leading for a while before injuries hit) and 5th without having talent.

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

You just did by singling Martin out.

Yes they do.  You don't finish 3rd, 8th (and leading for a while before injuries hit) and 5th without having talent.

Yes it's a Football forum and it's about opinions and not getting promoted has been a failure IMO 

Id get good money for Martin and Keogh by selling them both  and then buy replacements which would serve us better .

There are other good players out there. 

Archived