Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

35 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

If Keogh or Shackell out for any length of time i would pick Bucko over any of the above everytime.

I like Buxton as he gives 100% which is why most fans like him but he played what 54 mins in the championship last season (bad back and on the bench for most) which is less than both Pearce and Rawson (during there loans).

So I assume your pick is based on Buxrtpn 14/15 season games and not seeing Pearce and Rawson games during there loans (I certainly didn't see them). Bit harsh to judge Pearce in 2 cup games for us last season IMO...

New season, new manager, fresh start so both Pearce and Rawson have a chance to impress Pearson in preseason.

I like most think Buxton is a top bloke who gives his all and if he goes he would always get my applause if he was playing against us but I wouldn't be concerned if he left.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of you saying Bucko lacks technical ability are losing credibility. He can't bring the ball out like Keogh, but he can pass every bit as well and he's better on the ball than Shackell. 

2 hours ago, Don't Panic said:

I like Buxton as he gives 100% which is why most fans like him but he played what 54 mins in the championship last season (bad back and on the bench for most) which is less than both Pearce and Rawson (during there loans).

So I assume your pick is based on Buxrtpn 14/15 season games and not seeing Pearce and Rawson games during there loans (I certainly didn't see them). Bit harsh to judge Pearce in 2 cup games for us last season IMO...

New season, new manager, fresh start so both Pearce and Rawson have a chance to impress Pearson in preseason.

I like most think Buxton is a top bloke who gives his all and if he goes he would always get my applause if he was playing against us but I wouldn't be concerned if he left.

its says a lot that he wasn't loaned out, he was preferred to act as cover over the other two. Had ge gone on loan he would have played week in week out.

16 minutes ago, davenportram said:

its says a lot that he wasn't loaned out, he was preferred to act as cover over the other two. Had ge gone on loan he would have played week in week out.

Or you could argue the other two were too good to be backups, so were loaned out to get the first team football they deserved

7 minutes ago, davenportram said:

but everyone knows our deals are so bad that when we loan out players we pay most of their wages and when we loan in players we pay most of their wages.

Good point and we paid £1m for Ibe even though Liverpool don't charge loan fees

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

He wasn't fit for most of last season........back problems / operation. Now he IS fit and needs a fresh start elsewhere......with our thanks and good wishes.

Loans  can only now be done during the transfer windows.  Emergency loans no longer exist.

7 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

He wasn't fit for most of last season........back problems / operation. Now he IS fit and needs a fresh start elsewhere......with our thanks and good wishes.

Loans  can only now be done during the transfer windows.  Emergency loans no longer exist.

so we kept a player who wasn't fully fit and a worse player than two we loaned out, god we really did make stupid decisions last season.

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 14:06, Leeds Ram said:

Then why has he not been able to displace keogh in the side under each manager for the past few years ?

Just remind me what division we're still stuck in please.

Failed managers breed losing teams.

The redoubtable Mister. K is not so special (!) in IMO.

Unless NP can get him to modify the theatrics, I think he will be quickly on his bike.

Huth and Morgan, the last CBs that he bought, are light years from RK in playing style and well hard too.

BTW are you a Yorkie born and bred or really a displaced Derbian?

I alas live in leafy Cheshire but still call Derby my real home.  

1 hour ago, t'oldu said:

You can't loan out a player who isn't fit to play.   I know some clubs do as part of their rehab but...........  He came onto our bench late on in the season.

so you mean you can do it but we chose not to, chose to loan out a player who was fitter and for some better? That makes a load of sense.

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Based on plenty of performances. 

Over a season since he had a run in the team but don't see what that has to do with judging his technical ability?

i thought I must have missed some games where he showed this technical ability that's all, other than a few long passes and a turn once, I can't remember what he excelled at in that area?

Archived