Can't access the forum at work

Zurich Ram

Since the forum went down, when it came back on, the firewall at work has blocked it - claiming that there was a virus associated with the site. Is there there own that I can do? I can't see our IT section at work, being very sympathetic......

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostyn has said the same, I've ran the site through various scanners, checked all files and nothing suspicious at all. Not sure why it's suddenly being blocked.

I am in the process of looking at new servers now as I'm fed up with the current issues we're having and excuses. Hopefully in the next couple of days something will be happening.

On 15 June 2016 at 22:33, Zurich Ram said:

Since the forum went down, when it came back on, the firewall at work has blocked it - claiming that there was a virus associated with the site. Is there there own that I can do? I can't see our IT section at work, being very sympathetic......

Can you let me know if you are still having issues trying to connect at work, @Mostyn6 if you can as well

I'm getting an occasional issue when browsing on Android - all fine on PC.

About once a day it loads a really dodgy 'you have a virus' page. It loads a pop-up despite me having them disabled, triggers a vibrate pattern and both pop-up and and page won't close - for obvious reasons I don't click on the 'to close this page press here button'. I have to reboot my phone. It certainly looks like malware to me, so it could be the source of the problems.

Weird as I've scanned the site several times now, even ran it through security sites and nothing is flagged up at all. 

I will run the latest update today, remove all files from the server and replace with fresh ones to be sure.

1 minute ago, David said:

Weird as I've scanned the site several times now, even ran it through security sites and nothing is flagged up at all. 

I will run the latest update today, remove all files from the server and replace with fresh ones to be sure.

It does seem to be specific to the Android version though - not having a clue how these things work, is the advertising system different when viewed on Android?

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It does seem to be specific to the Android version though - not having a clue how these things work, is the advertising system different when viewed on Android?

No, still through Google at the moment although we're due to move back over to the new company at some point today. I will run this upgrade in the next 10 minutes, should take half hour or so and let me know if it still happens after that

21 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

do you use Chrome for android or the stock android browser? Used to have similar issues but could use task manager to kill the browser task and then restart the browser to close the popup.

Archived