Can't access the forum at work

Zurich Ram

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

do you use Chrome for android or the stock android browser? Used to have similar issues but could use task manager to kill the browser task and then restart the browser to close the popup.

Chrome - they removed the stock browser from Android Lollipop, although some manufacturers retained their own customized version of it, but Sony chose not to. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Chrome - they removed the stock browser from Android Lollipop, although some manufacturers retained their own customized version of it, but Sony chose not to. 

Are you still getting the same popups now? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Zurich Ram said:

still cant access at work. I can get the arsenal site and still get the Red Dog site.

Do you know what company filters/firewall is blocking you?

I have spoken with someone at Cisco today that was blocking Mostyn and apparently this domain has been updated and no longer blocked

2 minutes ago, David said:

Do you know what company filters/firewall is blocking you?

I have spoken with someone at Cisco today that was blocking Mostyn and apparently this domain has been updated and no longer blocked

might be a company decision blocking key words or genre too. My previous employer blocked anything to do with football.

could always get on LTLF for a giggle though.

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

might be a company decision blocking key words or genre too. My previous employer blocked anything to do with football.

Well, comedy sites are different obviously. 

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Heres what I think has happened.

A rogue advert has made it's way through which isn't unusual.

We are using a CDN now (Content Distribution Network) which basically caches all large files and images around the world, which ever server you are close to these files will be served from.

This rogue advert has been cached.

I have since cleared the CDN which should have removed it.

During this time, work place filters like Cisco have blocked the site as users were seeing these rogue ads, one member reported one redirecting to the Apple app store which should never happen.

Today I have had confirmation that the domain has been removed from the block list, this may take a day or two, possibly clearing cache to take effect.

No Malware was ever on the site, host confirmed this, just a pesky rogue ad. It may have been this that what was also redirecting Android users to a virus popup.

Archived