POLL: Does Wassall deserve the chance to build his own team?

Mostyn6

QUICK POLL: Does Darren Wassall deserve the chance to build his own team?   

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Weird question (rather than "Should Wassall be given the job on a permanent basis") but that's what I took it to mean and so I voted no. We should at least be in the playoff final, but in large part because of ongoing mistakes by Wassall the season's over and we have to start again from square one in August. I don't want a manager who constantly has to learn from his mistakes when they're not ones that someone in his position should be making.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, trevor1946 said:

Has Mel asked you to start a poll.,-OR are you bored

I do wonder if telling you crawl back under your rock would count as an insult, I won't call you a senile piss-ridden old codger though cos that would be an insult and I don't want to get in trouble, but I will say, perhaps you should focus on the topic instead of trying to groom me.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

We were on a downwards fall when Clement was sacked and we played some of the most boring football all season. I don't understand how you can say that performances haven't improved, the football has been its best all season and results like the 4-0 v Hull would have never happened under Clement.

A matter of opinion, I would say that the performances under Wassall like the Cardiff one for example were the poorest the team has played since pre Clough. 

Just now, Saturn5 said:

we beat Hull away Under Clement - its very easy to look at what Clement did badly as it is with Wassall

but the fact remains we were 5th when Clement left and we are 5th at the end of the season only further away from the top two than we had been 

Last night we excellent but Saturday Woeful as was Ipswich, Sheff Wed, MK Dons, QPR, and the last 10 v Rotherham

But if you only want to judge everything on only the positives then please carry on

Even when things were going well under Clement we still hardly played exciting football and no wins really seemed to convincing. The Hull away result was probably Clement's best game as the game-plan was perfect, but it only really works against the better clubs away and against smaller clubs we never turned many over. Even the 4-0 against Bristol City was a bit of a fluke result as we were struggling until a bit of Ince magic and Fielding having an awful day.

Since Wassall has come in we have really come at teams and turned teams over like Bolton, Brentford and Hull by playing quick, attacking football and I enjoyed Wassall's short spell far more than I did Clements.

I don't even know how you can put the Sheff Weds game in as a woeful performance? We were the better side until a great Bannan goal and were probably unlucky to leave with a loss.

1 minute ago, Saturn5 said:

Full control refers to anyone coming in having control of signing so we dont end up with players like Pearce

yes I know, but Wassall hasn't been given that luxury, but you've judged him.

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

A matter of opinion, I would say that the performances under Wassall like the Cardiff one for example were the poorest the team has played since pre Clough. 

The poorest the team has played since Clough? Don't you remember the 0-3 defeat the Reading, the 1-2 defeat to Forest, 0-3 against Birmingham etc. I didn't watch the Cardiff game, but heard we were poor however we responded to that with a 4-0 win against Hull.

30 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

But McClaren was a very experienced manager. The players still failed horribly. It's time to refresh the squad.

Injuries played a major part of last season under Mac, maybe it would have been different if he'd been given the money (Clement had) to bring in loan players when we lost the bulk of our team through the injuries.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

yes I know, but Wassall hasn't been given that luxury, but you've judged him.

Can't you just say 'Yes, Wassall deserves a full pre-season and input on transfers so he can be given a full opportunity to implement his managerial style onto the team' You worded it to make out he deserves the chance to have full managerial control over the team.

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Even when things were going well under Clement we still hardly played exciting football and no wins really seemed to convincing. The Hull away result was probably Clement's best game as the game-plan was perfect, but it only really works against the better clubs away and against smaller clubs we never turned many over. Even the 4-0 against Bristol City was a bit of a fluke result as we were struggling until a bit of Ince magic and Fielding having an awful day.

Since Wassall has come in we have really come at teams and turned teams over like Bolton, Brentford and Hull by playing quick, attacking football and I enjoyed Wassall's short spell far more than I did Clements.

I don't even know how you can put the Sheff Weds game in as a woeful performance? We were the better side until a great Bannan goal and were probably unlucky to leave with a loss.

i suppose if playing exciting football but being further away from the top two and remaining in the same league position is improving then i stand corrected 

Wouldn't we all like that kind of football but actually be more consistent and get promoted - i just don't see that happening under Wassall

1 minute ago, Saturn5 said:

i suppose if playing exciting football but being further away from the top two and remaining in the same league position is improving then i stand corrected 

Wouldn't we all like that kind of football but actually be more consistent and get promoted - i just don't see that happening under Wassall

Come off it, with Clement in charge the team was going no where, hadn't won a league game since boxing day and playing absolutely turgid football. Even under our horrible spell last season under McClaren we atleast played exciting football still.

Wassall stopped our terrible form and cemented a play-off space in a short period of time without even having a pre-season or any input on who to bring in etc.

Went with No.  Not because I thought he should've done better with the players he had, but simply because he's too inexperienced an has tactically inept on a number of occasions.  I know the best way to gain experience in a job is to do it, but with what's at stake do we really want the team being used as a YTS scheme???

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

Come off it, with Clement in charge the team was going no where, hadn't won a league game since boxing day and playing absolutely turgid football. Even under our horrible spell last season under McClaren we atleast played exciting football still.

Wassall stopped our terrible form and cemented a play-off space in a short period of time without even having a pre-season or any input on who to bring in etc.

SO It's Wassall or Bust, the Saviour, the Messiah- he walks on water, Promotion next season assured

and no one else's opinion counts 

Looking forward to next season now :D

Just now, Saturn5 said:

SO It's Wassall or Bust, the Saviour, the Messiah- he walks on water, Promotion next season assured

and no one else's opinion counts 

Looking forward to next season now :D

No. I just want a manager that comes in a plays attacking football, uses our youth and gets the best our of our players. Whether that's Wassall or not I don't really mind, but I do believe that Wassall gets a lot of unfair stick for whatever reason.

18 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

The poorest the team has played since Clough? Don't you remember the 0-3 defeat the Reading, the 1-2 defeat to Forest, 0-3 against Birmingham etc. I didn't watch the Cardiff game, but heard we were poor however we responded to that with a 4-0 win against Hull.

Yes I remember them defeats, and they were no where near the performance against Cardiff.  So are you saying that it's acceptable to be so poor one game as long as the team responds in the next ?

We have gone back to the NC days, where we don't know which Derby will turn up, which players will be in favour from week to the next, and if the tactics will be long ball or on the floor.  Give me consistent winning "boring" football over that any day of the week.

18 games played, under Wassall including the play offs.

Have we improved since the sacking of Clement?

5th when he went and 5pts off the automatics

Under Wassall we ended up 5th but 11 pts off the automatics.

Did the performances under Wassall (which is what Mel wanted) improve? Some did, others were as bad.

Overall the answer for me is no.

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Yes I remember them defeats, and they were no where near the performance against Cardiff.  So are you saying that it's acceptable to be so poor one game as long as the team responds in the next ?

We have gone back to the NC days, where we don't know which Derby will turn up, which players will be in favour from week to the next, and if the tactics will be long ball or on the floor.  Give me consistent winning "boring" football over that any day of the week.

Darren Wassall has won 50% of his games in charge so you are pretty likely to get a win when he was in charge.

When I watch my team I want to be entertained. I'd rather have another 5 years finishing 5th in the Championship and playing nice attractive football than 5 years in the Prem just scraping survival ever year.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

18 games played, under Wassall including the play offs.

Have we improved since the sacking of Clement?

5th when he went and 5pts off the automatics

Under Wassall we ended up 5th but 11 pts off the automatics.

Did the performances under Wassall (which is what Mel wanted) improve? Some did, others were as bad.

Overall the answer for me is no.

as bad, no worse. Which means overall the trend was an improvement in performances. Also "some" is not justice. "most" is far fairer.

We lost more, that's undebatable. But that's because we played to win. Under PC we played to not lose.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

as bad, no worse. Which means overall the trend was an improvement in performances. Also "some" is not justice. "most" is far fairer.

We lost more, that's undebatable. But that's because we played to win. Under PC we played to not lose.

We are Derby County with a rich Chairman .

Why we employing Wassall as manager over someone like Rowett .

Get Rowett in or at least try to get him 

Wassall was temporary until the end of the season wasn't he. 

Just now, curtains said:

We are Derby County with a rich Chairman .

Why we employing Wassall over someone like Rowett .

Have you seen Rowett's Birmingham play?

Archived