Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

And some need to realise we're a Championship club - with ambition yes, but there's a dozen other clubs in the same position this season

The market is volatile. We can continue to pretend we can only attract players in their twilight or from the Scottish league's. Or not. I think that money from a Hendrick sale is being put to one side for a winger or forward. Everything indicates that if Mel can spend he will spend. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

Ritchie going to Newcastle is a terrible example, they pay way more than Bournemouth which is why he went there. Also Newcastle are massive especially compared to Bournemouth. 50k fans at home and huge investment going in.

Same goes for Gayle, didn't start a lot for Palace and gets a huge pay rise. How can you not see the difference here? How does this in any way equate to Antonio coming here?

La la land.

We went in for him once and I think we have again. Doesn't mean I think it will be successful. Next you will be telling us how Burnley making such bids for Hendrick is la la land. The market is volatile. All sorts of things have occurred that no one could have seen happening in the last year. 

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

We went in for him once and I think we have again. Doesn't mean I think it will be successful. Next you will be telling us how Burnley making such bids for Hendrick is la la land. The market is volatile. All sorts of things have occurred that no one could have seen happening in the last year. 

How is the Hendrick situation in anyway similar to this? That makes zero sense. How is the market volatile?! What?!

Name me one regular well thought of starter for a top 10 club in the prem that has dropped down to the champ. Actually I'll let you have top 12.

7 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

How is the Hendrick situation in anyway similar to this? That makes zero sense. How is the market volatile?! What?!

Name me one regular well thought of starter for a top 10 club in the prem that has dropped down to the champ. Actually I'll let you have top 12.

Calm down dear. Clubs are allowed to bid for players.They are allowed to be for players deemed out of their scope. I only gave reasons why he might come. Not why he will come. I think that we have bid for Antonio. The club doesn't have to answer to fans when bidding for players. 

2 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Calm down dear. Clubs are allowed to bid for players.They are allowed to be for players deemed out of their scope. I only gave reasons why he might come. Not why he will come. I think that we have bid for Antonio. The club doesn't have to answer to fans when bidding for players. 

If we publicly make a bid for Antonio I will post a picture of my tiny penis on here. Get your zoom functions ready.

3 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I am calm, just baffled by your lack of simple logic. Keep daydreaming.

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

He played in their match against Juventus this afternoon so what makes you think he's not in their plans? Not seen Bilic saying anything along those lines.

It was sarcasm, in response to a previous comment. I thought quoting the new contract made that obvious, but clearly not.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Nothing at all about bids for either players im afraid. 

Watch this space with Bradley Johnson though. 

Wahooooo! Hello mate glad to see you back. Any news on number of players we have bid for? Positions? Johnson? Want him to stay man ...... assuming its back to norwich for bout half what we paid? Whats gone wrong with him?

I dont know the ins and outs at all or where the likely destination is. 

But from what I was told yesterday. Do not expect to see Johnson in a Derby shirt again. 

No idea on costs involved or anything. But im guessing we would have to take a hit. Because nobody in their right mind will pay £6 million for him. 

No idea what has happened to the bloke. But he quite clearly does not want to be at this football club.

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Nothing at all about bids for either players im afraid. 

Watch this space with Bradley Johnson though. 

MACKWORTH'S BACK! MACKWORTH'S BACK! MACKWORTH'S BACK! MACKWORTH'S BACK! MACKWORTH'S BACK! 

backstreetsback.jpg

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

No idea what has happened to the bloke. But he quite clearly does not want to be at this football club.

Im no apologist for Johnson and will be happy not to see him in a Rams shirt again as clearly something is not working out. However, I am not surprised he doesn't want to be here with the constant vitriol, booing and abuse he receives!

To be honest if I was subbed and people cheered the fact I was going off the pitch, I'm not sure I'd want to play for this club anymore either. He's definitely a good player but it hasn't worked out for him here, a move is probably the best thing for him.

20 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I dont know the ins and outs at all or where the likely destination is. 

But from what I was told yesterday. Do not expect to see Johnson in a Derby shirt again. 

No idea on costs involved or anything. But im guessing we would have to take a hit. Because nobody in their right mind will pay £6 million for him. 

Probably because he thought he signed for Derby City.

Thanks for the info Mackworthram. The whole Johnson saga at Derby has been totally mystifying, at least looking in from the outside. 

Player of the season at Norwich, disbelief and joyous amazement when we signed him, a storming first four or five games in a Derby shirt...and then the most precipitous dip in form I can remember!?! To say he became a shadow of his former self just doesn't do it justice! 

Do you know if we are looking to sell him or loan him out at this point?

Either way, hope he finds a happier home if/when he leaves...

Archived