I Love This Club

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm still disappointed but recovering, your post has helped :-)

I put it down to feeling the highs and lows being all part of it.

Thanks mate.:)Honestly, seeing everyone's positive responses has made me feel a lot better myself.:p

Well said Burton my eldest said something similar, my youngest like at Wembley had weepy eyes and said will we ever get in the Premier league? They like you, will hopefully having many ups and downs supporting the Rams, but I hope they keep the passion and belief, so besides the odd down, they smile for all the good days being a Ram brings.

Keep your mind on those exams though, plenty of time for the Rams to occupy your mind after.

5 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Well said Burton my eldest said something similar, my youngest like at Wembley had weepy eyes and said will we ever get in the Premier league? They like you, will hopefully having many ups and downs supporting the Rams, but I hope they keep the passion and belief, so besides the odd down, they smile for all the good days being a Ram brings.

Keep your mind on those exams though, plenty of time for the Rams to occupy your mind after.

I literally just got one like back, so I liked your reply (I will go back and like all of the replies in this thread at some point for everyone else).:)

Ups and downs are what being a supporter is all about I suppose, and I can take solace from the fact that today didn't touch Wembley in terms of devastation. I promise that I will continue to support Derby through thick and thin, and I hope your lads do the same. Walking back to the station today I saw someone that looked a few years younger than me in tears (I'm assuming he wasn't yours?), and after I had walked past him I was annoyed at myself for not tapping him on the shoulder and telling him that it will be alright, as I feel that us rams fans need to stick together and support each other when times are tough.

Cheers for the advice mate, I assure you I will be focusing on my exams and I will report back to the forum on the 24th August when I get my results.:p

I feel trapped. No matter what I want to do I can't stop supporting Derby. Sometimes it does my head in. Other times it makes me happy. At the moment it's doing my head in so I've turns to some Marstons Pale Ale at 6.2% for a bit of comfort. Roll on Tuesday. I may not see Derby for a couple of months afterwards. Then it will all start again.

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Mate, I don't know whether that was slightly tongue in cheek but this is honestly me just saying what I think.:)My passion for the club may not come across from my posts on here, but if you ever see me at a match, you would realise how much Derby County means to me. Nothing makes me feel alive as much as match day, and I will never stop loving this club (yes I know, I'm sounding a lot like B4, but his passion and hope is what makes him my favourite poster).

Nothing I say is serious. I agree with you.

I'm going on holiday the day before the playoff final.

My thread Is no longer needed, as there is no decision to make now. I was going to put up a poll and go with the majority. I think this would have led to my girlfriend and family flying without me as I went to Wembley instead. I'd have found it funny. They wouldn't. 

Now I will wear my Derby tattoo with pride round a swimming pool abroad.  Good post, youth.

13 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I literally just got one like back, so I liked your reply (I will go back and like all of the replies in this thread at some point for everyone else).:)

Ups and downs are what being a supporter is all about I suppose, and I can take solace from the fact that today didn't touch Wembley in terms of devastation. I promise that I will continue to support Derby through thick and thin, and I hope your lads do the same. Walking back to the station today I saw someone that looked a few years younger than me in tears (I'm assuming he wasn't yours?), and after I had walked past him I was annoyed at myself for not tapping him on the shoulder and telling him that it will be alright, as I feel that us rams fans need to stick together and support each other when times are tough.

Cheers for the advice mate, I assure you I will be focusing on my exams and I will report back to the forum on the 24th August when I get my results.:p

GCSE'S, A levels or Uni exams? Good luck I'm sure you will be fine. Try and keep focused anyway if you can, may seem difficult too though. I had my uni exams when we reached the play offs last time and could not concentrate at all :lol:

Edit: just seen the original post

Which leaves me with one thing I take from supporting this wonderful club.

Without the lows you cannot enjoy the highs properly. Every kid upset today will get that high. It's coming, and it will taste so much better for this. I can't ******* wait.

Makes me laugh how much people find to moan about in recent years with Derby.

I've supported Derby since 1990 and these last 3 seasons still rank comfortably in my top 10 seasons as a fan.

I've never seen us win a league, never seen us win a cup, have been to Wembley 3 times and seen us lose all 3 and i still wouldn't rather support anybody else.

At least when you experience the downs it leaves plenty of room for the odd up every now and then.

UTR.

12 minutes ago, Norman said:

Nothing I say is serious. I agree with you.

I'm going on holiday the day before the playoff final.

My thread Is no longer needed, as there is no decision to make now. I was going to put up a poll and go with the majority. I think this would have led to my girlfriend and family flying without me as I went to Wembley instead. I'd have found it funny. They wouldn't. 

Now I will wear my Derby tattoo with pride round a swimming pool abroad.  Good post, youth.

Haha I thought so mate.;)

I'm gutted about missing that thread! Never give up hope though, we've beaten Hull 4-0 before this season, you might be having a dilemma once again come Tuesday night...:D

Archived