Priorities for this summer

Sexydadbod

I'd agree with most of the posts in here. Martin, Keogh, Bryson all great players. But when it comes to the big games, the ones against the top teams like Boro, Burnley, or play off final etc, they all go missing or make mistakes. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Why on earth would we keep the scouts? If any part of the club has failed miserably it is them.

Im just stating changing the manager doesnt have to mean a massive overhaul of the clubs core roots. Mel can appoint a manager rather than a head coach that can impose their ideas on the first team but you can keep the core youth development, scouting team if you want or not. 

How can we expect a manager to be accountable for their actions if someone else is buying the players and saying deal with this lot ive signed. 

Id just rather have a manager but keep most if the behind the scenes team if its working  

1. Thank Daz for all his help but request him to resume his previous academy duties

2. New manager who likes their team to play passing football they should have championship exp as a minimum a promotion from the championship to their name is desirable

3. Keep hughes

4. Offload unwanted/ inappropriate players sammon, pearce, baird, warnock, blackman, camara, weimann, johnson, grant, shotton, albentosa

5. Sign 5-6 quality players barton/ Clayton/ norwood, Nugent, de Laet, Wells, Judge, Rhys Williams.

Assuming the new manager is a done deal behind the scenes (Walsall or Rowette) and that's how it's going to go down.

Priority 1: Recover some pride in the second leg.

Priority 2: melt Bradly Johnson down for glue. Sorry, it's not personal, but that's probably the best way to recover the money spent on him. That or flog him back to Norwich.

Priority 3: understand the scale of rebuilding - the Clough/McClaren team failed and a new one has to be built. That will take 2-3 seasons.

Priority 4: Slimming the squad. We are going to take a hit, but there are the likes of Baird etc who need to go.

14 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Im just stating changing the manager doesnt have to mean a massive overhaul of the clubs core roots. Mel can appoint a manager rather than a head coach that can impose their ideas on the first team but you can keep the core youth development, scouting team if you want or not. 

How can we expect a manager to be accountable for their actions if someone else is buying the players and saying deal with this lot ive signed. 

Id just rather have a manager but keep most if the behind the scenes team if its working  

If a new manager has to keep all the same staff, doesn't that just make him a head coach?

I'd say that we just get in a manager who has developed his own successful system before and give him the freedom to bring in anyone within reason to recreate that system. And I can't believe that any successful manager would want to keep the scouting network that has discovered the £30m of 'bargains' that we've acquired since our last visit to Wembley.

I agree that it's perfectly possible and acceptable for Mel to actively recruit a manager whose preferred playing style matches Mel's preference. It would be relatively easy then to build in performance targets. Then Mel needs to let the manager manage until such time as he fails to meet his targets.

People saying the spine needs changing, maybe the problem isn't the spine but the supporting players? Attackers can't create and score if the ball is 2 foot above them, or fired at their throat.

We don't build the team around Martin, we are building a style and Martin fits that style, Ince, Bryson, Hughes and Thorne also. Keogh, Christie, Fozzy and Olsson also fit that way. Russell, Butterfield and Hendrick do when they are performing. Johnson doesn't really fit the style, nor does Shackell or Bent. Weimann, looked ok in patches looked awkward and unsure of what a football is at other times. Blackman doesn't seem to fit but is difficult to say one way or the other, hasn't really done anything in a Derby shirt. Camara? Pearce? Who? Baird, pfft. Buxton? Have we extracted everything out of him?

We have the basis of a very good team and squad and only needs a few delicate changes. Not major surgery as some are suggesting. A new man in charge, head coach, manager? Doesn't matter what the title is the job is the same, work with the person going out to recruit and get the 3-4 players that are needed as well as getting rid of 4-5 that are not really in line with the style of play. Coach the players to improve, have a clear path way with the youngsters, like Rawson, Hanson, Lowe, Zanzala, Guy etc. Plan A is good enough, when it doesn't work, we need to implement it different, if there is space out wide use the full backs and wingers and play triangles with the striker, if there is space in the middle play into strikers feet and play triangles with the CM's. It isn't difficult. We don't need to play 4-4-2 we don't need to rip anything apart. Just take step back a breather and go refreshed next year. But the most important thing we need to do, the players, management and fans is enjoy it. Play with a smile, sing and have fun, if we are winning great if not have fun, look at 07/08 we didn't need the team to turn up for us to turn up but it seems to be the case now.

Is that long enough @Alpha:lol:

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

If a new manager has to keep all the same staff, doesn't that just make him a head coach?

I'd say that we just get in a manager who has developed his own successful system before and give him the freedom to bring in anyone within reason to recreate that system. And I can't believe that any successful manager would want to keep the scouting network that has discovered the £30m of 'bargains' that we've acquired since our last visit to Wembley.

I agree that it's perfectly possible and acceptable for Mel to actively recruit a manager whose preferred playing style matches Mel's preference. It would be relatively easy then to build in performance targets. Then Mel needs to let the manager manage until such time as he fails to meet his targets.

I think we're trying to say the same thing in different ways and i agree. 

What i mean is If we get a manager that implements a system then that manager moves on we dont have to have a massive overhaul for the next man. We could keep our core sucessful staff and have a new guy to bring some additional staff and keep a sucessful core. 

The opposite to moyes at united who overhauled phelan etc. However that depends on the new manager. 

We can get a new manager but keep the youth set up and staff the same if its working.

The scouting network was an example. I agree it doesnt work at the moments but for example if we get a new network and it proves to work in future and our next manager leaves in three years time then we dont have to overhaul something that isnt broken.

Mel can have the derby way, but just appoint the next manager and any following manager after that who all want to play the same brand of football.  

i just hate the term head coach, they cant be accountable if someone else makes signings they dont want or fit with what they want. The manager would have ultimate sign off on potential targets 

Archived