Pot holes in Allestree

Curtains

6 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Here's how it is.

Council services are pared to the bone because of cuts in central government funding. They simply can't afford to proactively have a team of people out and about searching for potholes to fix.

The key is that you can report all of these things on the council website, and then they miraculously get fixed. If they don't know about them then they don't get fixed. The list of stuff reported on the website effectively makes up the job sheet for the day

http://www.derby.gov.uk/report-it/

If you report it and it still doesn't get fixed, then by all means have a moan about the council, but I realise that it's the "Allestree way" to just moan about stuff with some sort of sense of entitlement that you don't have to actually do anything to help yourself. And that's not a personal dig by the way, I realise you were just posting chit-chat on a football forum, but I grew up in Allestree and if it's a dig at anyone, it's a dig at my parents :D

your parents work on the roads :ph34r:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Here's how it is.

Council services are pared to the bone because of cuts in central government funding. They simply can't afford to proactively have a team of people out and about searching for potholes to fix.

The key is that you can report all of these things on the council website, and then they miraculously get fixed. If they don't know about them then they don't get fixed. The list of stuff reported on the website effectively makes up the job sheet for the day

If you report it and it still doesn't get fixed, then by all means have a moan about the council, but I realise that it's the "Allestree way" to just moan about stuff with some sort of sense of entitlement that you don't have to actually do anything to help yourself. And that's not a personal dig by the way, I realise you were just posting chit-chat on a football forum, but I grew up in Allestree and if it's a dig at anyone, it's a dig at my parents :D

Mate I report stuff. 

They come and draw yellow circles around the holes and it gets done some other time maybe. 

There is too many dangerous holes to report .

I would be on the phone all day to the council. 

Why can't they inspect the roads they ain't that short of money. 

PS The pavements are as bad. 

PistoldPete2
12 hours ago, Boycie said:

You won't find any a bit further up on Burley Hill,Quorndon, That's were the money lives.

Wierd that?

no cos thats amber valley council not Derby Shitty council

41 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

no cos thats amber valley council not Derby Shitty council

Always like doing work for Amber Valley, they know you have to pay a proper price if you want a proper job done.

DCC just go for cheap and wonder why 3 months later the job is being tendered again, or don't look at the pricing properly and then get hit by hidden extras.

14 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

It's not just Allestree mate, it's everywhere.mwhat do we pay road tax for? And council tax and every other bloody tax!!

road tax collection is down 42%, another great idea removing visible tax discs from vehicles :angry:

3 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Here's how it is.

I think once reported, the council are legally obliged to repair it within 14 days I think?

3 hours ago, LesterRam said:

no its not, its hurting beyond belief...;)

I would take a photo of said pothole with a ruler bridging the hole, the damage to your £2000 Stan boardman bike was beyond repair and you can no longer travel to work thus stopping you providing for your healthy living family (all veggies), you now have to pollute our green and pleasant land by traveling to work in your 6.0 litre mustang which up until now only occasionally nips to the local coop for cous cous and fair trade bananas...

no I haven't been drinking, do not take drugs and yes, I would make a fine solicitor :D

Ftfy

22 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I think once reported, the council are legally obliged to repair it within 14 days I think?

You could be right. I've had everything I ever reported fixed within 2-3 days. That's maybe a couple of things per year, so could be just coincidence I suppose. It sounds like Curtains is on the phone about potholes and pavements twice a day, so no wonder his average is lower.. :)

Plus it's in the Councils interests to fix stuff once reported. If they officially know about it and someone breaks a leg they would be liable for thousands in compo

2 hours ago, LesterRam said:

no you plum, stan boardman called his bikes "fokkers"

No, no, I'm right.

The council reception patch him through to the highways dept and say "that Fokkers on the phone again"

In fact I spotted Curtains peddling down Birchover Way earlier on his way to work I think?

image.jpeg

:p

59 minutes ago, Boycie said:

No, no, I'm right.

The council reception patch him through to the highways dept and say "that Fokkers on the phone again"

In fact I spotted Curtains peddling down Birchover Way earlier on his way to work I think?

image.jpeg

:p

hqdefault.jpg

11 hours ago, curtains said:

Lol 

Have a look at my cover photo on my profile and see just one of said pot holes on Park Lane Allestree. 

If that's the pothole that injured you, I'd suggest its Specsavers you need to have a word with, not the council.

Archived